Best/Worst in the Series: Round 59

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it just becomes a question of whether potential or utility is being looked into. Although really Arthur's low move doesn't hurt so much since you don't get any really good mounted units until Aless.

Arthur does win potential, but Seth wins overall utility IMO.

So it really depends on the perspective of the person voting, on what they value best.

Especially considering Seth can easily solo his entire game until the Fomortiis part where he'd either need to proc a crit at extremely low critrates or use Tethys.

But that's not Arthur's fault due to FE4 having quite a different system than FE8. /Sethbias

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Best: Levin!Sety

Worst: Sylvia

MU doesn't do as well relative to the other characters in their games because H2 / H3 enemies are ridiculous and he can't take down many enemies by himself unlike Sety or Seth. Seth doesn't ORKO everything if we're talking averages because his average Speed will not be enough to double SMs, but Sety kills everything except stuff like Alvis / Julius / Ishtar.

Best should be MU for guaranteed auto-hax, now that I think about it.

MU is actually dependable on the growth bonus additions.

Though I'd hope that most people pick the good addition combos and not the crappy ones now that we know what they are.

On another note, Seth can solo maps just as well.

Not when she can't double (her poor speed limits the amount of damage that she can do). And she's hardly my best buddy is she?

I must confess, if Micaiah had a reliable spd growth, she'd be a mage beast and wouldn't annoy me as much. High Mag growth, High Res growth. Thani would be the only tome she'd need to massacre anyone until she gets Rexaura. Then again, mages have lolcaps in RD so her mage-beastliness would only go so far.

I've never played Seisen no Keifu, so...

Best: FE10 Ike (Ike+Ragnell=laughable battle. And he doesn't have a weakness vs. hammers like a certain crimson-clad knight)

Worst: Bantu (FE11 Rickard gets a dishonorable mention. I mean, at least FE9 Sothe has the possibility of getting BEXP)

Nomination: Best/Worst Artwork

Edited by Flashpoint_1230

Limited sample for me but lets see...

Best: RD Ike. Give him Ragnell (or even Ettard at close range) and have fun. Honorable mention to PoR when Aether was broken.

Worst: PoR Sothe. Rubbish weapons type, rubbish stat caps and no promotion.

Nominate Best/Worst Triangle Attack

Why are people voting Wendy? She has Triangle Attack for insta-kills. It doesn't matter if it's cumbersome and hard to do, we're not rating her mobility or durability.

I wouldn't see that as her offense so much as I'd see it as hers, Barth's, and Bors' combined offense. It's more utility than raw ability, which is how I'm treating this topic.

And how does it not matter if it's hard to do? Could I say Sothe's offense is great because you just need to make sure enemies are always weak enough for him to kill? It's pretty much the same thing seeing as Bors and Barth need to be next to the same enemy for Wendy to activate the triangle attack.

Wendy's pretty bad at attacking but I wouldn't call her the worst. Even excepting the triangle attack, she can still potentially kill people if leveled (read: babied) enough. There are enough people spread out over enough games where that is simply not the case that I think she's kind of a strange choice. Worst utility, though? Perhaps.

Wendy's pretty bad at attacking but I wouldn't call her the worst. Even excepting the triangle attack, she can still potentially kill people if leveled (read: babied) enough. There are enough people spread out over enough games where that is simply not the case that I think she's kind of a strange choice. Worst utility, though? Perhaps.

Maybe it's just me, but I also think it's only fair to only count units for whom fighting is their primary use. Sure, PoR Sothe's offense sucks, but it's not as though that's the reason he's on the field. When you cut those people out there aren't too many left.

Best: FE12 Marth (Shield of Shields just broke him!)

I haven't played FE12 yet, is Marth really that good with it (like, Roy with the Sealed Sword good)?

By the way, isn't that supposed to be Shield of Seals?

Edited by Radiant Dragon

While I doubt she'd stand up to some of FE4's powerhouses, doing 35 damage a shot without doubling is pretty beast.

That assumes that she's fighting an Armour/Cavalry unit. I'd like to see her do that to something that doesn't take effective damage.

That assumes that she's fighting an Armour/Cavalry unit. I'd like to see her do that to something that doesn't take effective damage.

I don't remember how much damage she was doing to endgame Red Dragons with Purge, but I remember it was pretty hilarious.

Offense?

Best: I want to say Levin!Sety but I'm going to be different. And in the spirit of being different... Pugi Axe!Othin is nigh untouchable in a stupidly hard game.

Worst: I'll take Ricky Ricardo for 200 please, Alex. AKA FE11 Rickard or whatever his name is.

I must confess, if Micaiah had a reliable spd growth, she'd be a mage beast and wouldn't annoy me as much. High Mag growth, High Res growth. Thani would be the only tome she'd need to massacre anyone until she gets Rexaura. Then again, mages have lolcaps in RD so her mage-beastliness would only go so far.

No she wouldn't. She would still need massive favorism to double. And this would only be happening in EM.

Um, a level 20/12-13 Micky generally has around 30 MAG, usually doing 30+ damage to most units with Ellight in Part 4. Against Cavs or Armors is 40+.