Twilight

Darros

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Sophius is gone now but let me address something quickly!

It, as I mentioned before, is poorly written, somewhat slutty, redundant, it depicts both humans and vampires in a sickening way, and finally, models an obsessive relationship to an already unstable audience. In other words, the books are mockery to writing.

I'm not sure why modeling an "obsessive relationship to an already unstable audience" is necessarily a "mockery to writing." Romeo and Juliet can, of course, be read in the same way: true love may be worth avoiding, but since it is "star crossed" I am not sure why it is not a path that actually CAN be avoided. What makes it more brilliant is not that it can, admittedly, more easily be read the other way than twilight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flamewars are in general, stupid. This one not excluded.

As for twilight... Well...

Way overhyped and overrated. It's the kind of book I expect to see in the garbage can rather than being a best-seller honestly

• 1 month later...

I think the books are awful, but I'm more mad about "ZOMG TWILIGHT IS TEH BEST SERIES WROOOOOOOOO!!" and the fact it has encouraged Stephanie Meyer to write more of her Mary Sue overglorified X-Men fanfic. Because the vampires more resemble the X-Men than actual vampires. You cannot call them vampires. They are NOT vampires.

/\

Just summed it up.

If I want to watch/read a consistent love story without Mary Sues and plotholes, then Elfen Lied is the way to go. There's no reason to waste any more time with Twilight.