the best stat

whase

61 members have voted

1. 1. what stat do you prefer?

I know everyone here already knows, every stat is important. a balanced unit is a good unit.

but I also think everyone prefers one over another.

my question; what stat do you prefer? what stat do the units you tend to pick specialize in mostly?

just think of the FE you like playing most, and take your pick!

(IDK about FE1-5 & 12, but I don't think there's any extra stat there, right?)

A combination of good HP, Str, Spd, and Def/Res(or Both in some cases) is mainly what a character needs. Though speed would be the one stat to rule them all because of it allowing the character to double attack or avoid getting double attacked.

speed, it's more damage, a second attack in case you miss and a second chance to pull off an unexpected critical.

it also increases avoid, making it both offensive and defensive.

Easily Speed, at least where current Fire Emblem's are concerned. It's the only stat that, at high enough levels, can render three other stats (HP, Def, Res) virtually useless all by itself (though a healthy Luck stat helps) as well as being nearly essential for good offense.

Speed. Lunatic mode agreed.

Enemies have a lot of speed in FE12 and some with near maxed speed in late mid-late game.

[spoiler=You see this guy as early as chapter 7]

Dracos.png

[spoiler=Some endgame enemies]

Position-1.png

Evenmorebeastlyberserker.png

Edited by Generic Officer

Speed. Let me explain. Consider one of your units. On any given map there may be a number of units that can double you and a number that you can double. If the character gains a point of speed when the stat is low then fewer enemies will double the unit and its defensive value rises. If a unit gains a point of speed when the stat is moderately high then they now double more enemies, increasing offensive value. If the stat is very high then an extra point will increase evasion, increasing the unit's defensive value.

Therefore speed is always useful and always helps a unit.

My reservation is that I'd rather have a high chance of taking a little damage than a low chance of taking lots of damage so I'd say defence is the next most important. Then I'd say it was strength/magic, depending on class because a unit that cannot do damage is fairly useless, particularly in the long run.

Mine is unit-dependent. I prefer Strength on my Speed characters, and Speed on my Strength characters. . .otherwise, we end up with the Gordin I got in my draft run (it was bad, even with an Energy Drop) and Lilina, and neither is what I want to see.

Thus, I said HP, because if that hits zero, it's reset time.