Games in Need of Sequels?

Original Alear

Didn't they already do another Baten Kaitos? Sure, prequel and all, but I thought the point was that you want another similar game.

I never finished it, though (hate the randomness of cards and this game made it even less easy to deal with than the Lost Kingdoms series), but was there something in the story that made you ask "And then what?"? That's really the only reason for a sequel. Otherwise it's just a similar working game, and Origins should have fed that desire.

I love the story. And gameplay.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom Dust.

It's a great Xbox title that was fated to end up without popularity when it launched. Still.

Was such an awesome game, the plot involved people living underground because of a dust that causes amnesia if left around it for an hour. It also gives people supernatural powers, however, which they use in short excursions to the surface trying to scout out the area. It can be kind of campy, but it has a real personality and color to it, and it involves various sci-fi themes rolled into a pleasurable package. The music was great, and really conveyed a sense of frantic, psychotic struggle to survive after Armageddon. This is kind of what I mean. The gameplay was awesome in that it eventually revolved around putting together an "arsenal" of abilities, sort of like a deck of cards, with powers ranging from flight, to telekinesis, to shooting lasers out of hands, to even control of the Earth. The thing is, more powerful abilities require the player to have a higher level, which lets them have gather points they need to expend every time they activate their powers.

It was so fun to play with friends after finishing the terrific storyline. Each player could put together their own arsenal box, with like a dozen different arenas for each of us to play in. You could even customize the soundtrack for each level if you wanted to, which was pretty cool for us. Probably my favorite game on the Xbox, perhaps even moreso than Knights of the Old Republic. Find this game at Gamestop, buy it for five dollars, and feel like you're a thief.

I'd quote Life, but I'm not that mean. I am in full agreement with him! Moar Anuenue!

Others:

- Yggdra Union

- Time Hollow (that stupid pen was only half-explained)

- Suikoden Tierkreis

- Crimson Gem Saga (maybe)

I'd like to see a sequel to XCOM. :awesome:

no, no you don't, they are making one and it looks awful.

it's an FPS set in something like the 70 or 80's for one.

2K have ruined part of my game childhood.

All that I want for Christmas is a true Mechwarrior sequel. Yes, there's one "in the works", but that's been eerily silent for a long time now...

Mechwarrior 4 is free now though :/

2K have ruined part of my game childhood.

2K, huh? They should ignore X-COM and give Mafia 2 the goddamn DLC to take advantage of the sandbox that TotallyNotNewYorkRightGuys deserves.

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.

The World Ends With You.

Rollcage Stage II.

Demolition Racer.

Can't think of more right now, but there's probably loads I'd want.

sequel to the original or whatever the last one was?

Proper sequel, to Mech3 and this not Mech4 shtuff. And I mean with the same MFB VA and whatnot.

EDIT:

Mechwarrior 4 is free now though :/

Yes but Mech4 wasn't incredible like Mech3 was. I bought it way back when and did still download the free version for memories, but it's not 3.

Edited by Integrity

These games were not meant to be linked in any chronological way. While Neo Team Rocket is dicking around making gyaradoses red, Cyrus created his own universe. It just doesn't look good when you think of it this way.

You're missing my point.

Also, B/W takes place maybe 10-15 years after D/P/P/HG/SS, so there's that.

Cynthia sure did a lot to keep herself up in shape then.

I'd quote Life, but I'm not that mean. I am in full agreement with him! Moar Anuenue!

NO! Fuck that music, Cordelia and the Holoholo Bird. Gimme more Mira.

Populous: The Beginning. It's one of my favourite games (in spite of it's flaws I rate it only behind Super Metroid and aLttP in terms of my favourites), but has no sequel to speak of despite so many fantastic ideas to be expanded on.

Sadly, it's never going to happen. Bullfrog went under ages ago, so we're also unlikely to see a sequel to Theme Hospital or Dungeon Keeper.

You're missing my point.

That is?

Cynthia sure did a lot to keep herself up in shape then.

You know the rule, "Gays and furries are immortal".

Also, if you did not know, the reason it'd have to be significantly later is because of Caitlin. She turned from...

KochraneCattleyaPlatinum.gif to Elite_Four_Caitlin_BW.png

NO! Fuck that music, Cordelia and the Holoholo Bird. Gimme more Mira.

What do you have against Hawaii? :(

Eh. I'd rather see a sequel to the main suiko series than one to tierkreis, which I didn't like as much.

It's more for the rest of the cast than those village kids (they got even less attention than a normal Suikoden title).

I miss kicking ass with a mage, sword dude, and gunner, all of who were easy on the eyes (and none of which should be giving each other the time of day).

Populous: The Beginning. It's one of my favourite games (in spite of it's flaws I rate it only behind Super Metroid and aLttP in terms of my favourites), but has no sequel to speak of despite so many fantastic ideas to be expanded on.

I remember Populous--I've got to grab that out again sometime. That would be kind of awesome.

I would like a real KotOR 3, though, and another Planescape game would be awesome.

Bahamut Lagoon (maybe not, seeing how they ended it quite nicely)

Super Bomberman

Lode Runner

That's all I can think of right now.

All good picks! Bahamut Lagoon reminds me that I'd like to see another game following the style of Live a Live. I suppose Saga Frontier is kinda like it, but I didn't like Saga Frontier much.

All i can think of right now is a Mega man Legends game, but that is already getting one...

Tales of Symphonia could use a sequel thats not a spin-off. Oh and a pokemon Orre region pokemon filled land.

Most of the games I'd have said have already been mentioned and the remaining two aren't all too plausible:

Retro studios doing another Metroid Prime

Age of Mythology

Maybe Tales of Vesperia, the world has changed and you really don't know how everything went, a sequel kind of like Dawn of the New World, but actually good. But Namco Bandai wouldn't localize it...

Warcraft IV would be pretty cool, going back to its RTS roots.

Others:

- Yggdra Union

- Time Hollow (that stupid pen was only half-explained)

- Suikoden Tierkreis

- Crimson Gem Saga (maybe)

Yggdra Union is part of the Heaven Department series with five acts/chapters with Yggdra Union being the first one if I remember correctly.

The others so far are Knights in the Nightmare and Riviera the Promised Land.

Yggdra Union is part of the Heaven Department series with five acts/chapters with Yggdra Union being the first one if I remember correctly.

The others so far are Knights in the Nightmare and Riviera the Promised Land.

Yggdra Union was released second, in the game world it may be first for all I know.

(And it's Dept. Heaven!)