what classes/macanics from previous games do you think should make a reappearance in later FE titles?

Griffen78

to start off:

I think the summoner class should make a come back. and instead of just summoning phantoms... each possible summoner had their own summoned creature.

also I think monsters should make a come back. except make them stronger. most monsters are just weaker versions of human classes.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both cool ideas. I like trainees and 3rd-tiers. Also, the bases from FE9/10 are great. Bonus experience is awesome.

Really, though actual support convos (not the ones from FE10), the rescue command and the ice affiliation are all things that I'd like to see again. :(

also cool/good ideas. now that I think about it....creature campaign. should make a come back as well. actually something like creature campaign, but with human classes istead of just monsters. monsters can be in it but make some human classes appear :P

Edited by Griffen78

Shove, but no rescue. Canto. Mages having weaker overall stats than warriors, and seperate Str/Mag stats. I heard there was a mechanic in FE5 that gave bow-wielding infantry an EXP bonus...that was a good idea. PoR supports.

Supports, Affinities, Skills, Mounted Move Again System, Dancer Animations, Healing Animations, Dark/Light/Anima Magic, Fire/Thunder/Wind Magic, Map Ballistae, Playable Brigands/Soldiers, Creature Campaign, Split Main Route, Multiple Lords, World Map, etc.

I heard there was a mechanic in FE5 that gave bow-wielding infantry an EXP bonus...that was a good idea.

Doesn't sound familiar to me : o

Actually, I think this might be due to class powers like in the GBA games. I think the dismounted knights gain more EXP compared to when they're mounted. However, this logic doesn't always follow for infantry classes, eg. mounted Bow Knights and Snipers both gain the same exp, but dismounted Bow Knights gain slightly more.

Classes

Troubadour

Playable Soldiers - Now that I think about it, there's plenty of lance-wielding classes, but more variety couldn't hurt.

Mechanics

Rescue - I don't use it for any strategies, but it helps in tight situations.

Bonus Exp - Makes the late-comers more viable.

Otherwise, I'm mostly fine with the way FE12 did stuff.

Edited by VincentASM

5 types of magic in two trinities plus staves

Knives as a weapon type (but make them better, maybe a bit of crit)

One major class for each weapon type (Myrmidon, Soldier, Fighter, Archer, Thief, Mage, Priest, Shaman and promotions) some with armoured and mounted versions a la RD

Rescuing, primarily for emergency retrieval of units

Shoving maybe, it adds flexibility to attack tactics

3 tiers. They're great for mages

Support conversations a la PoR

Running more than one team a la RD or Gaiden (haven't played the latter)

Bonus EXP

Animations for everything: fighting, staves, long range attacks, attacks over gaps, dancing (or equivalent)

Mounted magic users

I'd rather not see monsters again, my least favourite parts of Sacred Stones were cutting lethargically through huge swarms of pathetic Entombed and Wights. Summoners are only really good as a tangent class, so they'd be hard to implement without branching promotions.

For more on this see my post on pages 1 and 3 of "What would you like to see in a new FE".

A male Peg. Knight.

I disagree.

This would be so weird and just plain odd. Just use Wyvern Riders.

Also dismount.

Ballisticians. Or even better, a Ballistician Lord/My Unit.

The support convos would be pretty awesome.

"So you're my security detail for today? Feh, a tiny girl/child like you? Bah. I'd be safer poking an armor knight with my bolt."

-cue Romantic Relationship-

Edited by skitarii

eh...I don't want dismounting. and bonus exp would be great as long as they do it like in PoR and not like in RD, but if we have a world map and something like the tower in FE8 we don't really need it :P

Rescue, Capture, Canto, Shove, Dismount, FE9 BEXP, FE10 Skills. Fire/Wind/Thunder Weapon Triangle, but better balanced. Knives are fine, and I wouldn't mind seeing them given to non-combat units like Dancers. It would allow the units another way to level/defend themselves without being as good at it as the melee classes and the like.

For classes, Ballisticians, Dancers, Troubadours, Nomad Troopers. Summoners, Manaketes, Playable Soldiers. Some units capable of both magic and physical attacks, so long as they're in limited amounts. Perhaps simply the lord? I'd actually find a Male Pegasus Rider funny. Perhaps an extremely effeminate male who hates being mistaken for a girl? Third tier was cool, but only if the game is long enough to fit them in. Trainees were horribly underpowered and took too much effort to raise, but with BEXP they might be alright. Give Knights access to lower level bows like in SD.

I disagree.

This would be so weird and just plain odd. Just use Wyvern Riders.

Also dismount.

Keep in mind that the original Pegasus Rider in the Greek Myths is a dude.

I want the uber-broken SMs in FE4 back again---*shot*

In all seriousness, I liked the gender-equal caps in FEDS, and I hope they keep that in the future. Seriously, what's a female physical unit going to do with 3 more RES on the cap if she's never going to reach it anyway? What if she actually has a good STR growth but ends up being an inferior unit to the guy because she has two less STR just because of caps?

The reverse can be said about sage. Just because your magician is a guy doesn't mean his magic is any weaker. Yet the male Sage has what, a 28 Mag cap, IIRC, while the female has 30.

I agree with keeping Canto and Rescue as well.

FE5 supports (bonus obtained from the start, no real conversations)

Capture

Some maps in parts

Overpowered holy weapons (FE4)

Skills

More class skills (FE4-5 and TRS, not just Shove/Remove/Critical)

Weapon stealing

AoE magic (Kinda like TearRing Saga for the 20 people who played it)

Summon staves (Again, TRS)

Fire/Thunder/Wind magics. Crossbows and Knives can come back, with ranks for both of them.

Classes coming back : Emperor, Baron, Master Knight, SNES Mage Knight, Halberdier, FE10 Assassin, FE5 Thief Fighter, SNES Bard

Leadership and Movement stars

Mobile ballistae

Level 21 promotion

Contolling NPC armies

3 range to final stage Archers

Shove/Smite

Escape/Defend maps

Fatigue

PCC

I'm probably forgetting a few.

Edited by Gengar

ok, you can also post stuff that has never been in FE but you want it to be.

You might as well use this topic then. Oh, and you misspelled mechanics in the topic title.

In all seriousness, I liked the gender-equal caps in FEDS, and I hope they keep that in the future. Seriously, what's a female physical unit going to do with 3 more RES on the cap if she's never going to reach it anyway? What if she actually has a good STR growth but ends up being an inferior unit to the guy because she has two less STR just because of caps?

The reverse can be said about sage. Just because your magician is a guy doesn't mean his magic is any weaker. Yet the male Sage has what, a 28 Mag cap, IIRC, while the female has 30.

I can see the point of different caps for different genders, after all there are some anatomical differences between them. I'm not up for an argument here, but the trends in muscle mass and strength likely have a cause which would probably limit a woman's strength more than a man. If women do indeed have less muscle mass then it logically follows that, when both train to a level of great proficiency, women will be more agile etc. although I'm not going to argue about magic when I have no clue how it works. I do agree, though, that a 2 point cap difference is significant in terms of gameplay and should be addressed if possible.

I feel I must repeat: I don't want an argument, I'm just playing devil's advocate and pointing out some observed phenomenon which might be relevant to the above point. I feel like I've just opened a can of worms so please don't argue about this. Please.

Not argument, and I'm certainly aware of the anatomical differences, but.

I'd probably be less angry at the Swordmaster STR cap difference if the girls got something like a +1/+2 on the speed in comparison to the men instead of something useless like res.

It's just that IS tried to balance it out in the wrong stats. RES is something that a swordmaster will never cap or even come half unless insane RNG blessing happens/RNG abuse. I believe the guys got more defense? Barring what you can get with Lex as dad in FE4 and Tellius which I'm not familiar with, the magic user with the highest DEF growth is Pent (and Saleh, now that I've checked), IIRC, and even he doesn't come close to capping his defense. I just want either the differences in useful areas, or none at all.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Rescue

Shove

Canto

3 Tier Promotion

Branching story paths

Full Support Conversations

BEXP

Playable Soldiers

Playable Brigands (with their own promotion instead of sharing one with Pirates. Maybe Barbarian?)

Knives for Thieves (and maybe Archers for close-range fighting).

Class skills

Thieves promote to Assassins. ALWAYS. No more "Theives don't promote" BS.

FE4 Swordmaster caps.