The Great Game of Chess

Zkirsche

Kevin here.

Now, I recently joined FCIS (Free Internet Chess Server), and am enjoying it loads. I'm currently rated 1369, but that's probably rubbish considering I've only played one game on there so far. (and it was a loss too). So I began to wonder, does anyone else here play it? Whether online competitively like me, or just for fun?

Used to play it a lot, now its he odd game of chess titans for when I'm trying to procastrinate from doing a history esay/my personal statement

I used to play it a lot with my dad but we stopped... And the school team, nah, i prefer to go home instead of staying afterschool besides, i'm not so great

Now in the 1400's.

I used to play it a lot with my dad but we stopped... And the school team, nah, i prefer to go home instead of staying afterschool besides, i'm not so great

Chess isn't about winning, its about having fun ;).

Used to play it a lot, now its he odd game of chess titans for when I'm trying to procastrinate from doing a history esay/my personal statement

Lol, I'm virtually procrastinating right now playing it, but it isn't anything major, so w/e.

I like to play it, but I'm not exactly...nyeh, good at it, per se. I'll whup the ass off most people, though. But anyone with a hint of training? Naw.

I did come third in my school once, AND I beat the dude who came first. AND there was a disputed call, except I'm pretty sure I was lying.

I was kind of a douchebag four years ago.

We had a chess competition at my primary school, did the 4 move checkmate the first two rounds, then I get knocked out by the number one seed in round 3 :(

Edited by mikethfc

I like to play it, but I'm not exactly...nyeh, good at it, per se. I'll whup the ass off most people, though. But anyone with a hint of training? Naw.

Want a game? :P

I did come third in my school once, AND I beat the dude who came first. AND there was a disputed call, except I'm pretty sure I was lying.

Yeah, I'm pretty much equal with the guy at the top of the chess leaderboard, even though I'm fourth in it. I know this because we often play chess together and normally win/lose an equal number of time.

We had a chess competition at my primary school, did the 4 move checkmate the first two rounds, then I get knocked out by the number one seed in round 3

Lol, better than my aforementioned friend, then, who participated in atourny once, and got paired up with some whiz kid on round 1, then in the losers bracket, he got beaten by number 2 after he got beat by number 3. So basically, he never stood much of a chance.

It is funny when you play someone with absolutely no idea of how the game works who insists on playing on regardless.

This actually happened to me once. Flawless checkmate on this guy. He's like "We're playing deathmatch!" "What the fuck is deathmatch?" "You gotta take all of my pieces!" "...Okay." *clears the board*

I was kind of a douchebag four years ago.

I don't know much about chess...how do you have a "disputed call"? Isn't it pretty clear when there's a stalemate or a checkmate?

This actually happened to me once. Flawless checkmate on this guy. He's like "We're playing deathmatch!" "What the fuck is deathmatch?" "You gotta take all of my pieces!" "...Okay." *clears the board*

Lol, I was in this chessathon at my college and I was playing black against someone. I managed to pull off the two move checkmate on him, somehow O_o

how do you have a "disputed call"? Isn't it pretty clear when there's a stalemate or a checkmate?

I'm only guessing, but there could be time restrictions, pieces may have accidentally been jiggled about and their positions hazy. Also, some people say that perpetual check is a win in favour of the one doing it, and not a draw. But, IMO, if neither you or your opponent can checkmate, then you are in the same boat and it is a draw.

Edited by Kevin

Lol, I was in this chessathon at my college and I was playing black against someone. I managed to pull off the two move checkmate on him, somehow O_o

Always fun.

I'm actually kinda good at chess, or at least in comparison to people I know. I play it a lot, and I find it very fun, and I think I might be the best in my grade. At least the best with black (which I find easier to play than white and I choose it if given the choice. It saves a lot of time that could be wasted arguing).

Always fun.

I'm actually kinda good at chess, or at least in comparison to people I know. I play it a lot, and I find it very fun, and I think I might be the best in my grade. At least the best with black (which I find easier to play than white and I choose it if given the choice. It saves a lot of time that could be wasted arguing).

Tell me about it

http://videopois.com/Genel/the-militant-black-guy-plays-chess.html

Relevant bit at 2:30

I don't know much about chess...how do you have a "disputed call"? Isn't it pretty clear when there's a stalemate or a checkmate?

I'm only guessing, but there could be time restrictions, pieces may have accidentally been jiggled about and their positions hazy. Also, some people say that perpetual check is a win in favour of the one doing it, and not a draw. But, IMO, if neither you or your opponent can checkmate, then you are in the same boat and it is a draw.

For some reason we were playing touch-move. This, I loathe. Anyway, I think I'd brushed against a rook or something in a crucial endgame, or he'd poked his queen...I dunno. It definitely involved that moronic rule, and I lost that particular game.

I play. I like to think I'm pretty alright, but no one I know in person is any good at the game, and I generally lose to people I play online.

I've wanted to get better, but I don't really know where to start. Nothing to memorize, really.

I've wanted to get better, but I don't really know where to start. Nothing to memorize, really.

Well, You could join the FICS like me and practice there, or you could watch some videos on youtube for the baic theory. Jrobichess is pretty good for thi.