Top Posters In This Topic

[FE7] Screw FE13 #41686 has finished drafting:

*ZM: Florina, Pent, Eliwood, Hawkeye, Bartre/Karla, Rebecca, Jaffar

SB: Fiora, Oswin, Lucius, Dart, Canas, Raven, Nino

King Marth: Sain, Erk, Isadora, Farina, Guy, Lyn, Legault

Randa: Lowen, Rath, Dorcas, Serra, Wil, Louise, Renault

JSND: Kent, Heath, Matthew, Priscilla, Vaida, Harken, Karel

Finished in 152 turns

Excuse me, but I just started doing a draft run with some friends and was wondering about the whole undrafted units rescuing thing.
More specifically why can't undrafted units rescue drafted units?
Let me explain.
Undrafted units rescuing each other is basically a reward, you're removing liabilities from the map. Undrafted units rescuing a drafted one is a gamble because you're actually removing the amount of usable characters on the map (for however long), and bringing them closer to combat.

Yet this gamble deserves a penalty regardless of the risks I'm taking for my maneuver.
I think a system where undrafted units would be allowed to rescue whomever without immediate penalty would be better, where if they get attacked while holding a unit (ANY UNIT) they rack up double the normal penalties.
Heck, to make it even more fair, if a drafted unit rescues an undrafted unit and gets attacked, he should suffer a 4 turn penalty. (I'm not gonna tack on the counter and kill rule, because it's not the undrafted unit doing the actual combat, but they're still 'present').

Since I wasn't the host, I didn't get a say in the rules, but I still wanted to get an idea of the reasoning behind it. I've got an idea why the rescue rule is written that way in theory, but not in execution. (Which is why I thought up a different way to apply penalties to rescuing)

I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask this question.

Excuse me, but I just started doing a draft run with some friends and was wondering about the whole undrafted units rescuing thing.

More specifically why can't undrafted units rescue drafted units?

Let me explain.

Undrafted units rescuing each other is basically a reward, you're removing liabilities from the map. Undrafted units rescuing a drafted one is a gamble because you're actually removing the amount of usable characters on the map (for however long), and bringing them closer to combat.Yet this gamble deserves a penalty regardless of the risks I'm taking for my maneuver.I think a system where undrafted units would be allowed to rescue whomever without immediate penalty would be better, where if they get attacked while holding a unit (ANY UNIT) they rack up double the normal penalties.Heck, to make it even more fair, if a drafted unit rescues an undrafted unit and gets attacked, he should suffer a 4 turn penalty. (I'm not gonna tack on the counter and kill rule, because it's not the undrafted unit doing the actual combat, but they're still 'present').Since I wasn't the host, I didn't get a say in the rules, but I still wanted to get an idea of the reasoning behind it. I've got an idea why the rescue rule is written that way in theory, but not in execution. (Which is why I thought up a different way to apply penalties to rescuing)

I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask this question.

To put it as simply as possible it's to prevent rescue chains. Basically you can do a map in less time with more mounted units to carry the lord. So if you have access to every mount as a rescue bot it nullifies a portion of their draft values.

To put it as simply as possible it's to prevent rescue chains. Basically you can do a map in less time with more mounted units to carry the lord. So if you have access to every mount as a rescue bot it nullifies a portion of their draft values.

Ah, that makes sense, I did think that could've been an issue, but to outright prevent the rescuing seemed a tad excessive. I think if I ever host one I'll tweak that rule, but I'll keep the rescue chain in mind.

For example you can rescue a unit, you're permitted one 'take' and after he's dropped he can't be re-rescued. Or maybe I'll have it so they can be rescued, though they can't be taken by another undrafted unit.

Thank you for clearing it up though.

Edited by Losteria

>.Heck, to make it even more fair, if a drafted unit rescues an undrafted unit and gets attacked, he should suffer a 4 turn penalty.

I disagree. Drafted units should be able to do whatever they want.

Uhh... I'm the type that thinks that drafted units are the units you are allowed to use. Then, why restrict what you're able to do/use? Undrafted units simply occupy space/tiles but are not allowed to contribute on anything simply because you're not allowed to use them no matter what, else you take a pwnalty. That's part of the process of drafting, challenging yourself in different ways: not only the slim/lean tc objective but also knowing which units complement each other in order to execute a fine strategy. Hence why some units are banned/free.

Free/drafted units should do whatever they please without penalty.

[FE7] RNG Draft #2 Version 2.0 #41901

Invader ZM, Ciarre, Essbee, Gregor, *Quintessence

teams go here

ZM: Priscilla, Wil, Rebecca, Rath, Louise, Lyn, Renault

CR: Eliwood, Sain, Heath, Matthew, Bartre, Oswin, Dart

SB: Guy, Karel, Harken, Farina, Kent, Serra, Nino

Darros: Vaida, Dorcas, Lowen, Isadora, Florina, Lucius, Jaffar

Quint: Fiora, Legault, Canas, Erk, Pent, Hawkeye, Raven

153 turns whoo! Awesome team

[FE13] Single Combat Draft #42291

*Cam, Quint, SB, MJThom

is this right

1. Quint - Stahl, Cherche/Gerome, Tharja/Noire, Ricken, Maribelle/Brady, Nowi/Nah, Donnel

2. SB - Panne/Yarne, Anna, Lon'qu, Morgan, Kellam, Tiki, Basilio

3. MJThorn - Sully/Kjelle, Miriel/Laurent, Virion, Gregor, Lissa/Owain, Inigo, Flavia

4. Cam - Sumia/Cynthia, Cordelia/Severa, Vaike, Libra, Gaius, Say'ri, Henry

[FE7] Screw FE13 #41686 has finished drafting:

*ZM: Florina, Pent, Eliwood, Hawkeye, Bartre/Karla, Rebecca, Jaffar
SB: Fiora, Oswin, Lucius, Dart, Canas, Raven, Nino
King Marth: Sain, Erk, Isadora, Farina, Guy, Lyn, Legault
Randa: Lowen, Rath, Dorcas, Serra, Wil, Louise, Renault
JSND: Kent, Heath, Matthew, Priscilla, Vaida, Harken, Karel

finished in 147 turns

Manix: Lowen, Farina, Pent, Vaida, Lyn, Harken, Jaffar

Horace: Florina, Erk, Isadora, Bartre/Karla, Dart, Louise, Wil

*King Marth: Kent, Rath, Lucius, Matthew, Hawkeye, Guy, Legault

ZM: Sain, Heath, Priscilla, Dorcas, Rebecca, Nino, Karel

MJ: Oswin, Fiora, Eliwood, Canas, Serra, Raven, Renault

Normal Boring Generic FE7 Draft completed in 148 turns

[FE13] DRAFTS ALWAYS START WHEN I'M ASLEEP #42539

Quintessence, Randa, bearclaw95, *Vapo

Quintessence: Sumia+Cynthia, Miriel+Laurent, Cherche+Gerome, Maribelle+Brady, Nowi+Nah, Tiki, Basilio

Randa: Cordelia+Severa, Sully+Kjelle, Lissa+Owain, Henry, Gaius, Donnel, Flavia

bearclaw95: Libra, Anna, Lon'qu, Vaike, Ricken, Virion, Say'ri

*Vapo: Stahl, Panne+Yarne, Tharja+Noire, Gregor, Morgan, Kellam, Inigo

Tellius tag team 2013 draft #40992 is done drafting teams are (PKL and quintessence) (doofina and CR) (Chiki and Bearclaw) (Randa* and EpicTurtle)

Teams

FE9

b. PKL: Marcia, Mordecai, Lethe, Soren, Shinon, Astrid, Elincia, Nephenee, Rolf. And b. Quint: Titania, Marcia, Ilyana, Zihark, Calill, Mia, Makalov, Mordecai, Rolf

a. Doofina: Marcia, Mist, Tanith, Tormod, Maurim, Sothe, Ulki, Zihark, Bastian. And a. CR: Edward, Gatrie, Elincia, Soren, Sigrun, Laura, Heather, Astrid, Ulki

d. Chiki: Jill, Oscar, Boyd, Rhys, Volke, Calill, Largo, Ranulf, Lucia. And d. Bearclaw: Jill, Boyd, Volug, Nephenee, Janaff, Nailah, Naesala, Tibarn, Leonardo

c. Randa: Jill, Kieran, Ilyana, Gatrie, Brom, Makalov, Mia, Geoffery, Tauroneo. And c. Turtle: Nolan, Oscar, Shinon, Tanith, Kieran, Aran, Lucia, Nealuchi, Rhys

yeah I doubt my partner is ever going to finish his end considering he unloaded it so I finished my side (FE10) in 166 turns

[FE13] DRAFTS ALWAYS START WHEN I'M ASLEEP #42539

Quintessence, Randa, Soul, *Vaporub

Quintessence: Sumia+Cynthia, Miriel+Laurent, Cherche+Gerome, Maribelle+Brady, Nowi+Nah, Tiki, Basilio

Randa: Cordelia+Severa, Sully+Kjelle, Lissa+Owain, Henry, Gaius, Donnel, Flavia

Soul: LIBRA, Anna, Lon'qu, THE VAIKE, Ricken, Virion, Say'ri

*Vaporub: Stahl, Panne+Yarne, Tharja+Noire, Gregor, Morgan, Kellam, Inigo

Fixed for accuracy. :awesome:

[FE10] Quint told me to, also insert obligatory best game title here #42471

Ciarre, *PKL, bearclaw95, Professor Palutena, Quintessence

Teams:

Hurr: Edward, Soren, Boyd, Janaff, Laura, Makalov, Heather, Sanaki, Tibarn, Vika, Mist, Bastian

ChumPKL: Jill, Marcia, Nephenee, Mia, Aran, Rhys, Nailah, Rolf, Ranulf, Skrimir, Kyza, Ena

bearsoul95: Titania, Zihark, Shinon, Nealuchi, Volug, Ulki, Mordecai, Astrid, Naesala, Lethe, Lyre, Meg

Durr: Nolan, Ilyana, Gatrie, Sigrun, Lucia, Kieran, Tauroneo, Tormod, Fiona, Nasir, Caineghis, Giffca

Quint: Oscar, Elincia, Tanith, Calill, Leonardo, Muarim, Brom, Danved, Pelleas, Stefan, Renning, Gareth

[FE7] CHUMP Draft #40988:

BBM: Florina, Lucius, Bartre/Karla, Dart, Pent, Harken, Nino
ZM: Fiora, Canas, Dorcas, Matthew, Isadora, Wil, Karel
*SRC: Lowen, Erk, Raven, Guy, Rebecca, Louise, Legault
SB: Sain, Kent, Rath, Priscilla, Farina, Vaida,
Refa: Heath, Eliwood, Oswin, Lyn, Serra, Hawkeye, Jaffar

Beat this draft in 157 turns.

[FE8] Valni Palooza #42697 has finished drafting:

Xander: Vanessa, Ross, Forde, Moulder, Syrene, Innes, Marisa
*ZM: Tana, Lute, Kyle, Joshua, Ewan, Gerik, Dozla
Breezy: Franz, Artur, Colm, Neimi, Duessel, Knoll, Rennac
SB: Cormag, Gilliam, Garcia, Natasha, Amelia, L'Arachel, Saleh

Reporting [FE7] Vanilla/RR Double Play #42932:

BBM: Heath, Lucius, Sain, Louise, Dorcas, Harken, Karel-Bartre

ZM: Fiora, Rath, Serra, Bartre/Karla-Karel/Eliwood, Kent, Wil, Jaffar-Marcus

Horace: Isadora, Pent, Lowen, Hawkeye, Lyn, Rebecca, Renault

*Jedi: Farina, Eliwood-Karla, Canas, Oswin, Raven, Dart, Legault

Refa: Florina, Vaida, Erk-Wallace, Nino, Priscilla-Geitz, Matthew, Guy

I beat the vanilla portion of the draft in 144 turns.