Best/Worst in the Series: Round 72

NinjaMonkey

How come people are voting FE11's 2nd best berserker for worst? (And one such person was comparing him to Bord, whose only real advantage over the other two is the C in axes, but I digress.)

Worst: Wade. A sucky fighter in a game where fighters aren't all that hot? No thank you. Dishonorable mention goes to Bartre who is a pain to raise, and the rewards for raising him gets you the game's worst character. I like the guy and all, but the reward's not worth it.

First part: Dunno. I don't see what's so bad about Cord. Well, other than the E axes, that is.

Second part: I definitely see where you're soming from. With GBA fighters beside Geitz sucking so badly, if it weren't for FE9 Boyd, I probably would've given up on fighters for good.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come people are voting FE11's 2nd best berserker for worst? (And one such person was comparing him to Bord, whose only real advantage over the other two is the C in axes, but I digress.)

Because Cord has no room to grow when you're speeding through the game. Even Bord is more useful in that respect because he can OHKO knights before Barst can for a chapter or so.

But yes, there was one point where we thought he was the best ever. And he's still good if you're taking the game at a more relaxed pace.

Edited by dondon151

Cord's problem is that he shows up with two others who outclass him (one is better in every way possible, and the other can start Hammering things immediately). I prefer Cord as a Dark Mage, so I can take full advantage of his insane Speed (hitting RES is better than hitting DEF most of the time).

First part: Dunno. I don't see what's so bad about Cord. Well, other than the E axes, that is.

Second part: I definitely see where you're soming from. With GBA fighters beside Geitz sucking so badly, if it weren't for FE9 Boyd, I probably would've given up on fighters for good.

*shrugs* IMHO Nolan deserves the gold much more than Boyd does.

Best: Nolan (I felt disappointed when I had to bench him for my Greil Mercs Playthrough, He was looking better than Boyd by a little bit.) Honorable Mention to Boyd (FE9 and FE10)

Worst: Bartre (At least I have some use for Dorcas in Lyn Mode and until the beast known as Hector comes around.)

Best: Othin - Wrath and the weak weapon triangle meant he was a killing machine, especially with how often he dodged. The Pugi axe(s) were fairly overkill too.

Worst: Marty - 0 base stats for both skill and speed, his CON really didn't make up for it.

The SNES titles didn't like axe users too much, Book 2 in FE3 didn't even have any.

Best: Boyd (mainly FE9) due to availability, stats and enemies that are good for him. Honorable mention to Nolan (even if he's a little short on defence for my liking), Dart and Barst.

Worst: Err, Bartre I guess. I haven't got a large sample because I tend to steer clear of units who I hear bad things about.

Edited by Byte2222

*shrugs* IMHO Nolan deserves the gold much more than Boyd does.

I voted Nolan for Best. I'm just saying that FE9 Boyd showed me that there are Fighters that don't suck.

Some people obviously haven't played FE5! I would've given up on axe fighters if not for Othin and Halvan!

Best: Othin.

Worst: Ward/Wade. I can't use any axe fighters from FE6.

I want to nominate Best/Worst Twins, again. 8D

Some people obviously haven't played FE5! I would've given up on axe fighters if not for Othin and Halvan!

Best: Othin.

Worst: Ward/Wade. I can't use any axe fighters from FE6.

I want to nominate Best/Worst Twins, again. 8D

I understand that Othin's awesome, so I can see where you're coming from. And yeah, I'm just not fond of GBA fighters not named Geitz, especially Ward. However, it was FE9 Boyd that stopped me from giving up on fighters completely (even though I didn't vote for him).

Best: Nolan. For his speed and durability.

Worst: Maji. Hi is inferior to Barst in every way and Saji is better in the beginning

I think I know which one of Bord/Cord you mean, but do you mind posting who you mean anyway?