Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

-OP updated.

-PC rules amended. Third characters are now allowed, but follow the same restrictions as Second characters(especially since I just shamelessly copied and pasted the requirements).

-New rule added in notes regarding third characters and battleposts.(see notes and 'Third Characters' for details)

-Arena rules updated. Arena points will not contribute to the newcomer point pool.

Ugh... I can't get over it! What do you guys freaking do to afford staying awake past freaking midnight...!? It's just... ugh...

:dry:

Now that I've let off some steam... fine fine, have it your way. What choice do I have but to have to go through this almost every single night while school lasts...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You know guys, I may probably just quit the RP.

This whole thing frustrates me. The fact I can't seem to get rid of the frustration and that it frustrates me in the first place also frustrates me. I can't really seem to enjoy this as much anymore because of it. I know it shouldn't be a big deal... but that's just it, it turned into one for me, and the fact it happened just frustrates me further because it looks that I can't get over it and essentially means I let it happen, and again the fact I'm getting frustrated over it frustrates me and... you get the picture. I can't stand this. It's basically just me who let himself get into this mess and it's just... ugh....

I try not to, I really do, but if it keeps failing... well, I know where the door is.

Seriously now, just what do you guys do to afford staying awake past midnight? Am I just that much of an odd-one out because my schedule is different from most of the rest of you despite living in the same or nearby time zones? I don't know...

Acacia. The same thing happens to me. When I come back, every single day. There's always a few pages that are already there. They must live in different time zones because holy crap it is kinda annoying.

Seriously now, just what do you guys do to afford staying awake past midnight? Am I just that much of an odd-one out because my schedule is different from most of the rest of you despite living in the same or nearby time zones? I don't know...

I'm not on here everyday so I can 'keep up'. I try to make the most of my time here, since everything else isn't going so great right now.

I think part of the problem may be that you never get even partially immersed in what's going on at a given time. No matter how often you post, John and Sophia rarely interact with anyone. This means the rp's flow isn't even affected by them. They're like ghosts. If you got into deep interactions as often as Merc does, you would get caught up in the rp flow and essentially slow it down(I wouldn't call slowing the flow down to your pace a bad thing since you're on daily anyway).

Now as for IRC, there's really nothing to be done about that. In the rp, though, the easiest solution here looks to me like the best one. Even if you go to bed early, things you're deeply involved in aren't going to charge forward without you.

@ Disky

You're on everyday? :huh:

Edited by Phoenix

Obviously not everyday. Otherwise, I would be a complete jerkwad for not posting.

Nah I have my days where I don't check the forum at all, weeks even. Because I'm far too busy. I try to be here everyday even if it's only for 1 minute.

I'm not on here everyday so I can 'keep up'. I try to make the most of my time here, since everything else isn't going so great right now.

I think part of the problem may be that you never get even partially immersed in what's going on at a given time. No matter how often you post, John and Sophia rarely interact with anyone. This means the rp's flow isn't even affected by them. They're like ghosts. If you got into deep interactions as often as Merc does, you would get caught up in the rp flow and essentially slow it down(I wouldn't call slowing the flow down to your pace a bad thing since you're on daily anyway).

Now as for IRC, there's really nothing to be done about that. In the rp, though, the easiest solution here looks to me like the best one. Even if you go to bed early, things you're deeply involved in aren't going to charge forward without you.

@ Disky

You're on everyday? :huh:

That's just it. I don't interact much because I know I won't be here while you guys remain for like 3-6 hours afterwards. I don't even care anymore if my writing is really bad or it's just me belittling it, since it's lack of time that's more of a problem. It's discouraging, at least to me...

That's just it. I don't interact much because I know I won't be here while you guys remain for like 3-6 hours afterwards. I don't even care anymore if my writing is really bad or it's just me belittling it, since it's lack of time that's more of a problem. It's discouraging, at least to me...

Maybe I'm just less considerate of others, but my being gone for maybe 12 hours isn't going to stop me from starting an interaction with someone. I make a fuss about rp pacing once in awhile, but as long as things stay daily(people aren't waiting three or four days to reply), it's fine.

I think you should just immerse your characters and interact as often as you can. WORST CASE SCENARIO: You leave someone waiting all of 12 hours while you get some rest or handle school work or whatever. Not a big deal IMO.

@ Snike

Yes indeed lol

Maybe I'm just less considerate of others, but my being gone for maybe 12 hours isn't going to stop me from starting an interaction with someone. I make a fuss about rp pacing once in awhile, but as long as things stay daily(people aren't waiting three or four days to reply), it's fine.

I think you should just immerse your characters and interact as often as you can. WORST CASE SCENARIO: You leave someone waiting all of 12 hours while you get some rest or handle school work or whatever. Not a big deal IMO.

It's not about leaving someone to wait. Besides, when has that been an issue anyway? Last I see there's little to none activity anyway during the morning and while I'm at school.

No. It's that bulk of activity that always happens late-afternoon to past midnight, some as far as THREE AM, of which I'm only there for like half of it at best. You guys don't have to wait much for each other since you're online at basically the same times, only fluctuation I see is your arriving times during the afternoon and at most what I see when were your last posts when I check in the following morning.

I, on the other hand, would have to leave when you all can keep going for quite a while. It's too mismatched...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well it's not like you leave and then the rest of us stay on until 3am and then all log off within ten seconds of each other. Sometimes you're the first to head off but you're not the only one offline by midnight(though this is pretty inconsistent since even I will occasionally get off before or around midnight)

Of course. But activity doesn't die down immediately either. It still prolongs for hours. It would probably wouldn't be that much of an issue, but we don't live with a whole ocean in-between. Oh please, you and I live in the same Time Zone, but as I've saw in the last few days, you're still online when midnight happens. And then there's Merc who likewise but manages to post as far as 3AM.

As it stands, IRC is a long lost cause. I can't afford to leave my laptop on like you or Snike do (if that's how he manages to stay in there almost 24/7), and I can't check logs anyway so whatever I miss I miss unless I ask around. But it's not just me there so I can't really go arguing about it.

I guess it could be posting activity then....

Would it help you if we weren't? The only difference I see is how much you have to read when you get on. It doesn't really have a big effect on interaction, especially since John and Sophia are usually just observant.