Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I just noticed but... how the heck did the Org knew already that Raquel and co. were not only in Tremere but that they had boarded the Leverager? Didn't it was said they only learn what they can find out by their encounters with the party?

Uh... don't tell me they can just easily find out whatever the characters say in public (or heck, maybe even in private if you've said they could easily have Veronika with the one with most information about after Raquel) no matter where they are...? That's just... ugh...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Obviously they have a spy following us or something. That doesn't mean they're psychic. That also doesn't mean that they know every little thing about every party member.

What I want to know is when the guys that were following us actually got a name? Seriously Org,? That's just awful. Make up a fancy name or something because Org. could mean a lot of things.

This is why we have groups like Ouroborus or Black Fang. They have cool names. Also you are jinxing it Roy.

..... Maybe enemy spy is Chip? That'd be creepy. Or it's a bird that is following us? Or it could be that...... I'll stop.

It's not the real name, no. It's just what people use to keep from having to say 'Organization' all the time. I'm sure you can see the advantages of not having an official title people can use to find you~

But eventually people are going to come up with a title for you out of convenience, hence Org.

Obviously they have a spy following us or something. That doesn't mean they're psychic. That also doesn't mean that they know every little thing about every party member.

Then it's all moot if they can easily figure out practically every move the party makes and everything they decided to be public about.

There's no desire directive in being more interactive. I'm through with that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

But..... if you add a y to Org.

See that's just bad. You can make fun of them easily.

@Acacia: I bet the Org. is using a GPS. They input the co-ordinates of pink haired merchant with piece of emblem.

DESTROY THE GPS!!!

Calm down, Acacia. >_> You are overeacting. Consider this.

1. This is a really large group, we have over 20 PCs, not to mention the several NPCs. It wouldn't be hard to track a group that size, but it would be hard to track a single person.

2. Just because they know where we are now doesn't mean they know our favorite food and the name of the pet that died when we were three. There's a big difference. They probably don't have much personal information on those who aren't important (aka, 90% of the group, including John).

3. Even if they have a spy, they have no idea what people talk about in daily conversations. If the spy's gonna be in hearing range of everyone all the time.. oh wait, they can't. Physically impossible to be multiple places at once. Not to mention it'd be pretty obvious if we saw the same people around us all the time.

I can't believe I just noticed but... how the heck did the Org knew already that Raquel and co. were not only in Tremere but that they had boarded the Leverager? Didn't it was said they only learn what they can find out by their encounters with the party?

Ether did a lot of question answering while I focused on other things. You could ask the person who created the Org in the first place, but I guess people would prefer to speculate. Not saying there's anything wrong with speculating since you should already know I'm not giving out too many spoilers yet, but don't treat anything you guys come up with on your own as canon.

Uh... don't tell me they can just easily find out whatever the characters say in public (or heck, maybe even in private if you've said they could easily have Veronika with the one with most information about after Raquel) no matter where they are...? That's just... ugh...

You're being too pessimistic, and once again, I didn't confirm what they knew about Nika or how they found out whatever they might know. Speculation itself might not be bad, but you might want to stop if you're just going to stress yourself out with it.

Then it's all moot if they can easily figure out practically every move the party makes and everything they decided to be public about.

It's fine if you want to vent here and there, but you're just nitpicking at details that haven't been expounded on, yet, and I'm not really sure why. One guess is that this is about the 'ruined idea' you mentioned, something we didn't even know about prior. Speculating about the Org's capabilities and how they affect or threaten any plot ideas you might have is useless when you could work out any outstanding issues with Luna and me in private. Why make a public spectacle out of any of this when you could go directly to the source and get everything sorted in about twenty minutes? If we don't know what other rpers have in mind or want to accomplish, we can't factor that information into what we do or help them with it. That's just the way it is.

There's no desire directive in being more interactive. I'm through with that.

But you barely interact to begin with. Are you really content just sitting back and having John and Sophia do nothing but think about things? Didn't you hate not being able to do anything about what happens in the rp? This is just going to exaggerate the problem. You can't steer anything from your thoughts alone unless you're the starring antagonist in RotE:R chapter 5, coming eventually

Edited by Phoenix

Ether did a lot of question answering while I focused on other things. You could ask the person who created the Org in the first place, but I guess people would prefer to speculate. Not saying there's anything wrong with speculating since you should already know I'm not giving out too many spoilers yet, but don't treat anything you guys come up with on your own as canon.

Wait, when was Ether question answering? If I was present well, I forgot, so could you please remind me when and what was this?

You're being too pessimistic, and once again, I didn't confirm what they knew about Nika or how they found out whatever they might know. Speculation itself might not be bad, but you might want to stop if you're just going to stress yourself out with it.

Except running away from the problem won't make it go away. I can't just let slide every thing that puts me on edge, especially since I am a participant of this RP. Whatever happens in there is bound to affect me in some way. Either at my characters or at me directly.

It's fine if you want to vent here and there, but you're just nitpicking at details that haven't been expounded on, yet, and I'm not really sure why. One guess is that this is about the 'ruined idea' you mentioned, something we didn't even know about prior. Speculating about the Org's capabilities and how they affect or threaten any plot ideas you might have is useless when you could work out any outstanding issues with Luna and me in private. Why make a public spectacle out of any of this when you could go directly to the source and get everything sorted in about twenty minutes? If we don't know what other rpers have in mind or want to accomplish, we can't factor that information into what we do or help them with it. That's just the way it is.

I'll admit, I never talked about said idea because I never felt there was a need to. Not until the Org began to show this level of omnipotence anyway. Because of two reasons. Would I even receive an answer? I may be intruding on something that's not in best interest to reveal at all until the time comes. And second... because my judgement gets clouded when I get like this. I know, I know...

But I'll accept my fault if talking about it way sooner would've really made a difference here, since of course I never talked.

But you barely interact to begin with. Are you really content just sitting back and having John and Sophia do nothing but think about things? Didn't you hate not being able to do anything about what happens in the rp? This is just going to exaggerate the problem. You can't steer anything from your thoughts alone unless you're the starring antagonist in RotE:R chapter 5, coming eventually

I hated it until it came more blatant the Org can practically track every single move and able to indulge on people's backgrounds once they have enough of a foothold on them. That really swings the scales the other way. Mind you, I don't mean quitting participating in stuff completely, but don't expect me to go revealing stuff about my characters anymore. At least not in spoken dialogue. And even then, who knows how safe that will be until Mind Magic/Reading rears it's ugly head more openly. And I know it's too late for what I have already revealed in the NPC entries I've made.

I don't mind if you or anyone else think it's going overboard or overreacting. But I do have an issue with this kind of things.

Wait, when was Ether question answering?

I don't have to get logs do I?

I forgot, so could you please remind me when and what was this?

*mutters about having to sift through euphemism comments to find relevant material*

I'll get back to you on this.

Except running away from the problem won't make it go away. I can't just let slide every thing that puts me on edge, especially since I am a participant of this RP. Whatever happens in there is bound to affect me in some way. Either at my characters or at me directly.

Right, but I'm not suggesting you run away. I'm suggesting you seek a solution. Just ranting isn't going to help anything.

I'll admit, I never talked about said idea because I never felt there was a need to.

I think you should ... since I still haven't the foggiest idea what's going on here.

Not until the Org began to show this level of omnipotence anyway.

Knowing that we boarded a ship called the 'Leverager' with its name painted in huge lettering right on the back is not omnipotence. We had just beaten the living daylights out of a group of them in the desert and let some of them flee. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea(ignoring game mechanics).

Would I even receive an answer?

You probably would.

I hated it until it came more blatant the Org can practically track every single move and able to indulge on people's backgrounds once they have enough of a foothold on them.

We're not terribly difficult to track at this size, and learning background information is easier with some characters than others. Raquel's the only real victim here.

Mind you, I don't mean quitting participating in stuff completely, but don't expect me to go revealing stuff about my characters anymore.

Fine. Not like I could talk you out of something like this. If this is what you need to do to feel safe, then by all means(it's not really different from before anyway).

I don't mind if you or anyone else think it's going overboard or overreacting. But I do have an issue with this kind of things.

Do you honestly think you're not overreacting?

Right, but I'm not suggesting you run away. I'm suggesting you seek a solution. Just ranting isn't going to help anything.

I know, but I just can't keep myself composed with so many things to be worried about, especially when it's stuff I'm not suppose to even be over thinking about. Not just this, other stuff. It's just one big buildup I stupidly let itself came to be, ready to ex... no, I'm not making that metaphor, it'll remind me of... yeah...

I think you should ... since I still haven't the foggiest idea what's going on here.

Alright, here it goes.

Back in the first days of the RP, I had wanted to pull a 'The Unreveal' regarding John. You know, with that kind of backstory it makes you think, ''Gee, I wonder what will happen if they ever visit his hometown.'', or maybe not, but the point is, it's basically that. Makes you think something will come out regarding this, probably some family issues resurfacing and all that stuff. But then it ends up not happening. Yeah, basically that. Something that will never be known outside those who do know already. That's partly why I don't like this about the Org. Makes it moot if there's always that chance they can find it out.

Knowing that we boarded a ship called the 'Leverager' with its name painted in huge lettering right on the back is not omnipotence. We had just beaten the living daylights out of a group of them in the desert and let some of them flee. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea(ignoring game mechanics).

So it's like, they have people stationed at every port and town and city and can get quickly informed about this? I can see how they could reach Temptress first. But if it's true, then the implication that they have people practically everywhere... I mean come on, they had people even within Sanctuary. Being able to come and go, and contact the various anti-Aisha groups out there to boot.

Fine. Not like I could talk you out of something like this. If this is what you need to do to feel safe, then by all means(it's not really different from before anyway).

Yeah, seems like no hard task when I had barely even started on the other one... I know...

Do you honestly think you're not overreacting?

No. I think so too that I am. I don't mind in the sense of ''I know, don't remind me'' way, though I guess since I'm not vocal on that it can seem like another thing.

Oh you'll talk Acacia. Even if I have to pour hot candle wax on John and take Sophia on a magic pillow ride.

You will tell me~

And then there's always this. Almost every night... this is something I could participate in, but then what's the point when I end up having to retrospect anyway. I'm certain I could've been able to post something if I could afford staying up on the freaking night with you guys. But I can't, so yeah... sigh...

Oh you'll talk Acacia. Even if I have to pour hot candle wax on John and take Sophia on a magic pillow ride.

You will tell me~

Not even in a million years. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I wrote a reply to some of this yesterday but I guess it didn't get posted ...? Oh well.

I know, but I just can't keep myself composed with so many things to be worried about, especially when it's stuff I'm not suppose to even be over thinking about.

Yeah, just leave the worrying to me.

Back in the first days of the RP, I had wanted to pull a 'The Unreveal' regarding John. You know, with that kind of backstory it makes you think, ''Gee, I wonder what will happen if they ever visit his hometown.'', or maybe not, but the point is, it's basically that. Makes you think something will come out regarding this, probably some family issues resurfacing and all that stuff. But then it ends up not happening. Yeah, basically that. Something that will never be known outside those who do know already. That's partly why I don't like this about the Org. Makes it moot if there's always that chance they can find it out.

Odds are astronomically low.

So it's like, they have people stationed at every port and town and city and can get quickly informed about this?

This has been implied, but 'we' don't really know for certain.

I can see how they could reach Temptress first. But if it's true, then the implication that they have people practically everywhere... I mean come on, they had people even within Sanctuary. Being able to come and go, and contact the various anti-Aisha groups out there to boot.

That didn't have anything to do with Raquel's group, though. They weren't placed in Rex-Avaz years in advance just so they could pick a fight with us, that's just what they resolved to do when they ID'd us. Circumstances started in their favor, and then shifted in ours once the fighting started.

The Org's got the advantage of a widespread operation and network(ignoring that all this has led to are episodic defeats one after the other).

And then there's always this. Almost every night... this is something I could participate in, but then what's the point when I end up having to retrospect anyway. I'm certain I could've been able to post something if I could afford staying up on the freaking night with you guys. But I can't, so yeah... sigh...

Well, participate when you can, and as often as possible. Get involved, even if you're 'going to bed in five minutes'. The more closely tied into interactions you are, the less progress they can make without you.

For example, how much further is this meeting going to get if I don't post with Raquel today, tomorrow, or the day after that? We get stuck, because she's more closely tied into it than anyone else. This is a plot event, but this isn't just limited to important discussions. It's even more true in smaller interactions(see AnedaxFaatina or DavodxGabbie)

Yeah, just leave the worrying to me.

I can't exactly 'leave it' to anybody. If something is cause of concern I'm gonna get worried.

Odds are astronomically low.

Eh, what exactly would be low? They finding out or my plan working/failing?

This has been implied, but 'we' don't really know for certain.

But don't the fact they could see Raquel and co. boarded the Leverager means there is some credence to this then?

That didn't have anything to do with Raquel's group, though. They weren't placed in Rex-Avaz years in advance just so they could pick a fight with us, that's just what they resolved to do when they ID'd us. Circumstances started in their favor, and then shifted in ours once the fighting started.

The Org's got the advantage of a widespread operation and network(ignoring that all this has led to are episodic defeats one after the other).

Having to do with Raquel's group or not is irrelevant. There's still the fact they were able to fool a system that's been around for thousands of years and with a Vasili in charge of it to boot. And can still get away with it. The Tide needed to practically Mind Rape in order to extract the way in from that spy, yet depending on how much freedom they have in entering/exiting the place, and if it were in their interests, these guys could've pulled the same thing the Tide did but much less disturbing.

Well, participate when you can, and as often as possible. Get involved, even if you're 'going to bed in five minutes'. The more closely tied into interactions you are, the less progress they can make without you.

For example, how much further is this meeting going to get if I don't post with Raquel today, tomorrow, or the day after that? We get stuck, because she's more closely tied into it than anyone else. This is a plot event, but this isn't just limited to important discussions. It's even more true in smaller interactions(see AnedaxFaatina or DavodxGabbie)

I can't say much for this, since it began after I went to sleep. Well, let's see how it goes for future scenarios...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The odds you are looking for are 0.0000000002%

That IS low!!

Posted... Damnit Eail and CynCyn~

Acacia provides good points though. This is good information to go over.

I can't exactly 'leave it' to anybody. If something is cause of concern I'm gonna get worried.

And cause yourself undue stress.

Eh, what exactly would be low? They finding out or my plan working/failing?

Former. Latter too if you never work toward it.

But don't the fact they could see Raquel and co. boarded the Leverager means there is some credence to this then?

The party has been a victim of circumstance most of the time(like how last time they spared some enemies and got tracked easily as a result). Not every last settlement on the map has a convenient prefab Org base with 50 spies lurking about looking for the party.

Having to do with Raquel's group or not is irrelevant.

It's relevant if you care about why the Org presence is what it is in various parts of the world.

There's still the fact they were able to fool a system that's been around for thousands of years and with a Vasili in charge of it to boot.

The 'system' is misdirection, not flawless filtration(which is impossible anyway). I hadn't found the time or motivation to delve more into the history of that place, but maybe one day I will(doubtful).

And can still get away with it.

But Omar's dead :mellow:

The Tide needed to practically Mind Rape in order to extract the way in from that spy, yet depending on how much freedom they have in entering/exiting the place, and if it were in their interests, these guys could've pulled the same thing the Tide did but much less disturbing.

They didn't extract 'the way in'; there is no 'way' in that does them any good. All they took from him was his knowledge of the region the city was in. As for them mimicking the Tide and 'just happening' to capture a spy that made a mistake while desperately trying to report in ... well odds of that are pretty low, I think :lol:

Former. Latter too if you never work toward it.

Uh, not sure if latter is to the 'working' or 'failing' part. I'm gonna guess... working? Though it'd be ironic since doing nothing is exactly how it could work anyway.

The party has been a victim of circumstance most of the time(like how last time they spared some enemies and got tracked easily as a result). Not every last settlement on the map has a convenient prefab Org base with 50 spies lurking about looking for the party.

Then one of the escapees made it to Tempress and decided to check out if the party happened to enter port and then see what they do, and perhaps trying to contact whoever else happened to be there to help out? I can see that happening... I think.

It's relevant if you care about why the Org presence is what it is in various parts of the world.

But it's not relevant to Raquel and co. That comment wasn't about their business with Raquel but rather the fact they managed to have their network include Sanctuary. After all, they couldn't have possibly found out that soon that they ended up in Rex-Avaz (or they could then?), otherwise Jalil would've known instantly the party was in the city instead of thinking the group resembled their given descriptions before reaching the conclusion that yes, it is them.

The 'system' is misdirection, not flawless filtration(which is impossible anyway). I hadn't found the time or motivation to delve more into the history of that place, but maybe one day I will(doubtful).

Unless Jalil can actually fool them or knows a way to avoid having them to be turned 'off', as what happened when Mansur, Haythem, and co. came to retrieve the party, then she wouldn't have been able to head in and out as she pleases. Unless she had to invent something up in order to be allowed to leave.

But Omar's dead :mellow:

But Jamal and Jalil are still alive. And since Jalil was the one present in Sanctuary then she could easily head back in then through whatever way she did to head out to inform Jamal and Omar.

They didn't extract 'the way in'; there is no 'way' in that does them any good. All they took from him was his knowledge of the region the city was in. As for them mimicking the Tide and 'just happening' to capture a spy that made a mistake while desperately trying to report in ... well odds of that are pretty low, I think :lol:

But they did extract that path through the mountains where they could have less difficulties in heading in. Besides, isn't the challenge finding the way in, not finding where exactly the city is?

By mimicking the Tide I meant in informing the rebel groups the way Jalil uses to head in/out, even if it weren't to work, as effective that it is to her perhaps. I did mentioned pulling the same thing, and that was knowing the way in, not the finding someone to extract it from his/her mind to find out.

Uh, not sure if latter is to the 'working' or 'failing' part. I'm gonna guess... working? Though it'd be ironic since doing nothing is exactly how it could work anyway.

Them finding out. Low chance.

Then one of the escapees made it to Tempress and decided to check out if the party happened to enter port and then see what they do, and perhaps trying to contact whoever else happened to be there to help out? I can see that happening... I think.

I can see it happening too, that or several other versions of it.

But it's not relevant to Raquel and co. That comment wasn't about their business with Raquel but rather the fact they managed to have their network include Sanctuary. After all, they couldn't have possibly found out that soon that they ended up in Rex-Avaz (or they could then?), otherwise Jalil would've known instantly the party was in the city instead of thinking the group resembled their given descriptions before reaching the conclusion that yes, it is them.

Well that's just assuming unconfirmed methods of communication. We still haven't confirmed much about them other than that they are persistent as all hell and have a lot of resources.

In fact ... I find an unintended parallel to another crazy ass organization who also seemed a bit inexplicable at first.

Unless Jalil can actually fool them or knows a way to avoid having them to be turned 'off', as what happened when Mansur, Haythem, and co. came to retrieve the party, then she wouldn't have been able to head in and out as she pleases. Unless she had to invent something up in order to be allowed to leave.

The storms never got turned off. People had to travel through them to reach Sanctuary. The only way to keep from getting completely turned around over and over and over again is if Aisha lets someone through(and though this isn't entirely relevant right now, it should not be assumed that they get through in a straight line just because they're allowed through).

But Jamal and Jalil are still alive. And since Jalil was the one present in Sanctuary then she could easily head back in then through whatever way she did to head out to inform Jamal and Omar.

She didn't leave to tell them about it. They weren't holding up in a desert hut somewhere waiting for her to report in :lol:

But they did extract that path through the mountains where they could have less difficulties in heading in. Besides, isn't the challenge finding the way in, not finding where exactly the city is?

No all they took from the spy was his knowledge of what region Sanctuary was in. Remember, the spy got caught and interrogated after they took the route through the mountains. He was trying to get a message out specifically because of that route they'd taken. It put them close enough to Sanctuary to 'figure out' where it was(approximately where it was).

Here's Fizza's quote on it(relevant in bold):

<"Caught that, did you? Well the spy gave up the location of Sanctuary before they killed him. He wouldn't spill the information willingly, but mind magic works wonders, it seems. Druids are a force to be reckoned with. He couldn't pinpoint it ... your goddess is quite thorough, but we know for certain that Sanctuary is in the northeast, right next to the mountains. We just happened to be charting in that direction, but now we no longer have to worry about it. Sanctuary is here. There's no doubt about that. We sent word out to HQ as soon as we found out. This group alone already had about four different approach methods in the works that it plans to present once this mission is complete. This information is going to be all over, soon, and there's nothing you can do to stop it, I'm afraid. Sorry, but your mission was a failure before you ever got here. The best you can hope for is to force this particular group of Tide operatives to surrender.">
By mimicking the Tide I meant in informing the rebel groups the way Jalil uses to head in/out, even if it weren't to work, as effective that it is to her perhaps. I did mentioned pulling the same thing, and that was knowing the way in, not the finding someone to extract it from his/her mind to find out.

Mimicking Jalil has a few inherent risks involved. In theory they could infiltrate Sanctuary with the right set up, and they probably have(recently, or in the past, who knows), but the Tide have far bigger problems than simply finding Sanctuary. Their goal is to dethrone Aisha. They know she's been in power for thousands of years already and that they're not attempting anything she hasn't seen before. Anyone they manage to get into Sanctuary would have the more important task of finding Aisha's weakness, otherwise Fizza's opinion on the situation is pure fact:

<"I'm not big on rexian history, but there's one thing I'm certain of ... the Tide is a lost cause. Anything anti-Aisha is a lost cause. They will never defeat your goddess and claim this country's freedom from her. All they can do is murder her followers and piss her off. I know that war is coming, and I don't want to be on the receiving end of the desert goddess' wrath when she finally blows her top and buries them in some mondo-super storm that consumes half the desert. Make sense to you two? I'd like to take this opportunity to either change sides, or put myself one step closer to getting my butt out of Rex-Avaz for good.">

Man, this woman is pessimistic as hell :unsure:

UPDATE:

-Item list updated.

-Imbued series has had its mag use percentages bumped up by 25% across the board.

-Map updated:

Direct link: http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/JETZ34/Fire%20Emblem%20Custom%20Sprites/Extras/Sardiusupdate-7.png

(As always, you can compare newer versions to older ones by changing the number in the address bar 1 through 7)

[spoiler=World Map]Sardiusupdate-7.png

Random note: I flipped the entire image horizontally just to see what it'd look like and kinda retraced all of the party's steps so far. Was really weird :blink:

I managed to post with the tablet! Yaaaaaay!

Edit: also, I noticed there's a town in Kigen called Honda. Do they manufacture wagons? xD

Edited by roymbrog