Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

Ok, so all that aside, congratz, you all missed the big counter argument that I mentioned earlier that would throw ALL of my arguments in the water and probably make me facepalm if it wasn't for the fact that I thought about it, and comes to how I'm defining Shamans and on.

Shamans aren't meant to be the Res tank class like I've been saying. (well, not directly) they're meant to be the Mage/Anima Troub Counter, cause they actually will be able to make mages miss thanks to the whole weapon triangle thing where the lessy takes a -2 to their accuracy, and the Shaman get's a +2, meaning that the dodgy, accurate mage isn't nearly as much as the heavy Resistance Shaman. With that in mind that makes it much more acceptable.

but still not much better but meh, what can you do considering there only is 4 mage classes compared to the 12 or so melee classes, and the 2 archers.

But I'd like to re-iterate on an old point: Why is Magic Melee and Ranged skill? that small bit of versatility alone would greatly off set the stats balance they seem to have with the other classes.

(btw: starting to drop arguments cause it got boring and you all are starting to get a little angry)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, from what I can tell, tomes can get the same buffs as def-attackers. That is, you can get brave tomes, reaver tomes, slayer tomes... They're just titles you can stamp on your weapons for the effects. I don't see how tomes are underpowered. (Phoenix, please correct me if I'm wrong)

We did go ahead and allow tomes like that(killers, slayers, reavers primarily). Braves weren't explicitly stated as tome capable but I can't think of a reason not to allow that. Dual spell :/

But I'd like to re-iterate on an old point: Why is Magic Melee and Ranged skill? that small bit of versatility alone would greatly off set the stats balance they seem to have with the other classes.

Ranged tomes are fine and might get implemented, but by default turns them into snipers every other phase with no penalties and then archers have an unnecessary nerf :/

(btw: starting to drop arguments cause it got boring and you all are starting to get a little angry)

Sorry but Cuddles is the only person that's ever successfully pissed me off in a debate :P

@ Shaman Tanks

That looks like another base level comparison

Edited by Phoenix

Sorry but Cuddles is the only person that's ever successfully pissed me off in a debate :P

Merc's pretty much said everything I've wanted to say, so I'll just say "woohoo" to the above comment :/

*Achievement unlocked*

I've looked at the last 2 pages and I honestly can't agree that Shamans are at any noticeable disadvantage.

-Polarizing is going to cause issues for any class, a character will only get three stats to choose, and HP, Str/Mag, SKL and SPD are all crucial, With Def and Res being important if you don't want to be OHKO'ed.

-Skills are skills, some are useful, others aren't. It depends on how you play. Looking at Domovoi thus far, he can defend any unit! :o ... Now whether he'll ever actually defend anyone is up for debate.

-Shamans aren't meant to be anything. As Merca keeps saying, this "level up-stat" idea was implemented to give people more freedom in customizing their character. All characters in stats are pretty much equal with the exception of the stats you get on promotion.

-Continuing from the last point. Your arguments for Shamans seem to be more "Promotion doesn't increase the stat I want to polarize" then anything else. All character (a semi-exception to archers) start with 20 stat points. You really shouldn't be making characters with less then 5 in anything by the end of tier 2's :/

UPDATE:

-Character archive updated

-Silvia added

-Caine added

-Boris added

-----------------

I'd consider altering the mage promotion bonuses to something more fitting, but I'd want actual feedback first.

I like set 3, but I'd also suggest changing Druid promotion bonuses to be +3 MAG/1 RES, in order to better reflect their place as hard-hitting magic users.

Finally~

As roy's said, everyone's sort of vanished lately, I suppose they'll all come running back when stat combat occurs, stupid people. But until then, I suppose we just try to weather it out for as long as possible :/

Edited by Kanami

Nyeh, playing online games, having a life, doing study/working. Is all fine, and I don't think anyone's stupid enough to ask you put this RP before any of those. (Though I've been surprised in such regards before....)

It's just that people seem to be adopting a "Nothing to say" policy where they're only going to react if someone interacts with them directly. There's plenty of things (as uninteresting as they are) to do by oneself, and hopefully some other Rp'er will follow suit and do something similar causing an interaction between two characters.

No one, absolutely no one, should at this stage be saying "I have nothing to post" since you need to indicate whether you stayed outside with Raquels luggage, slept in the inn. Or went around killing people in their sleep.

According to Phoenix, Amon waking up is about 7~8AM. So go wash your face, clean your weapon. Go shopping or whatever else you can think of.

Didn't you know roy? We all hate you, and always wait until you go before coming out of our hiding spots to post

Seriously though, Cynthia/Merc/Phoenix have always been rather active and Z I had to bully a bit to post XD

After taking a look at the RP I noticed a good person to be mean to, so Acacia's going to be my example! No, you don't get get a choice now shut up and be my example! XD

''Ah, good morning.'' John replied, noticing Amon.

This is not a post :/ It's nearly lacking enough to be considered spam, but it's initiating an action on someone else, hence is still decent. If it was something like

Bobby yawned, he'd just woken up.

I'd probably be flaying you to death right now :P

I think it's an ugly stupid post, but I'm not going to tell people to stop posting, just don't expect posts like that to count when applying for a second character.

See Phee, I told you that we needed "decent" in that clause

Edited by Kanami

I don't want to push this issue too much Z, since you're posting now, and I'm happy about it. But your posts so far... haven't really utilized anything beside an inn and being in a populated settlement (city/town). Oh, you've also mentioned a biscuit XD

Either way, nice to know your... mojo? is working :/