Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not exactly what you're fussing about, Neither you Snike, Slave expressed any desire to be part of a team yet:/ And since the three of you are taking forever, Phoenix's last post sort of gave me the feeling that we're going to times skip without organizing you guys.

Rule of Rp'ing, or anything online.

Take initiative, don't expect people to do stuff for you :/

...Actually that applies to RL too :/ Anyway~

If you're wanting a group, have Chelsea ask one of the three remainders (Axel, Nanahm, John) Alternatively, you could pre-organize a team with Damian(13th) before the battle and slap it together when the battle comes (on-the-spot-team).

She can be with Damian. his low defense will hurt him, so a troub will help.

EDIT: Kanami, will post for the tracker tomorrow.

Edited by 13thshadow

@ Teams

If no one noticed, I left a bit of a hint in my last post about the TS. (There's going to be another TS to morning after Raquel does her item unlocking thing btw) Now just because there's a time skip doesn't mean people haven't said or done anything other than sleep in that time period. TSes are always a good opportunity to handle offscreen and OOC issues.

Put simply, we can discuss the remaining people and decide which teams they'll be on, and just assume in-world the conversations between those characters took place. You could also post those actual conversations in retrospect if you feel the need to do so.

WRT teams, I haven't been able to stay on long, and I don't expect to be able to until Sunday. >____>

I know how we do this Damian thing. The pirates just need to travel 500 miles before the good guys drop Damian off in prison... Maybe Ursaea won't accept him.

Rule of thumb: guards are stupid and will always let you escape if you bother trying.... jk

Seriously though, there's no reason for the guards not to accept him. And if the group gets attacked because of Damian, he'll be even more unwelcome then he is at the moment. People don't tend to help much when it comes to recruitment, they sort of point and laugh at you for putting yourself in a difficult position. So that you're forced into setting fire to everything XD jk

At the moment, the only thing labeling you as a bad guy is Gytha so kill her and all will be well and the other guys just are going along with what Gytha says. So I'd focus on something with Mercakete(Gytha). The others might feel uneasy around you for awhile but unless they're complete assholes they'll close their eyes to small plot holes like that :/

My personal suggestion? Well I don't have much info to work with, but from what I know, it might be possible to integrate Damian if he turns against his employer, and the employer is hostile against the group as well :/ (Common-enemy)

He's totally going to fake death to escape.

He's going to find his "employer" was a son of a digit and wasn't planning on paying him, and is really his father plotting to kill him. And is really going to have him hanged anyways.

Re the character discussion thread, to avoid nattering in it before I've got a real character: Having a chart like that can get messy, occasionally I try to revive the graph for LoAF and realize that there's no way I can make it look pretty. When things get more complicated you might want to put it in a spreadsheet like so; the entries read (row)'s opinion for (column). If Kanami doesn't want to get a Google Docs, just make Phoenix do it :P It's also nice because you can set it so that people can edit for their characters, or not.

[/suckinguptoGoogle]

Nyii, thanks for the tip, but I think I'll keep it the way it is for now. And I'll re-adjust when it really starts to get clunky/unmanageable.

My motives for starting it aren't actually the same as what you and Phoenix seem to do all over the place /bitch XD I'm actually hoping to generate some discussion and encourage people to start thinking about starting relation links. (And seeing their character with none may encourage them. From what I've seen your method (and Phoenix's threads) have been generally to display information in a nice consolidated pretty format.

I admit I'd like to do the latter with this as well. But the objective isn't to have people write in whatever they want, since people tend to think one conversation = relationship done. Using an age-old but good example Iso-Katie was just lol XD

But as I said, if things get too messy or I quit RotE and can't be bothered sticking around to make the list accurate, I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind.

@ Damian

I was thinking about the issue with handing him over to the authorities as well. The only ideas I had to help get around that without giving the guards the idiot ball(which I refuse to do) are too precise/complicated to actually work in practice(Murphy's law).

He's going to find his "employer" was a son of a digit. And is really going to have him hanged anyways.

I don't see this helping unless the guy harasses the party for custody of Damian so he can get some "turn in" reward or something. Even then that just makes him an ass and not an actual enemy.

have him try to hustle us with a few thugs

@ Character discussion thread

I suppose I ought to go take a look ...

*goes to look*

The "authorities" we try to hand him over to could be completely corrupt. We hand him to the wrong people, basically. Synthia's probably the only one familiar with Ursaea, and I can spirit her away somewhere for that.

Doesn't seem all that plausible to me, especially not this far into Ursium. Closer to Ursium/Neviskotian border regions would be better for that sort of thing. Plus, I'd think even corrupt authorities wouldn't mind hanging Damian if it'll give them a bit of prestige versus whatever he's offering.

Actually I should probably ask first; what do you mean by "corrupt"?

Edited by Phoenix

Like, we run into a bunch of thugs who pretend to be the authorities, or someone who says they'll take care of it for us. Then it turns out they weren't as honest as we thought. Or, I just got another idea. I'll PM it to you though.

Or... maybe you can stick him with the other mistrusted guy and have them work together in the team of mistrust with someone you REALLY trust keeping an eye on them...

iunno, juust saying...

I was thinking Damian could just help out in a battle to prove he's useful. He's tied up somewhat for now, but if a fight starts going sour before we get to Ursaea, Raquel could (and probably would) just untie him/cut his bonds and send him out to help (seeing as if we lost he's just be prisoner to whoever won so his situation might not change/might only get worse).

my suggestion was just me trying to be anything close to helpful and not really serious.

Question: Why don't mages get any pluses to skill and spd on promo? When that's supposed to be the big advantage they have over the other Magic Classes? (Specifically spd)

@ Damian

The reason I had to think about the issue with Damian vs Authorities is because unless someone else causes it, there isn't going to be any fighting between now and the party reaching Ursaea. The earliest they'll be attacked again by Caine and Boris is after they leave Ursaea.

Also, Roy made an okay suggestion to me so she's going to talk with 13th about it and if he's okay with it we'll go from there.

@ Mages

Original stats were meant to handle initial class differences while promotion bonuses focused on 2-4 of a class's greatest strengths. Not that slight alterations from original mages was criminal :P

Edited by Phoenix

ok... so Myrmidons are going to eventually outdamage Fighters then? cause Anima magic/mages are like the Myrms of Magic, and Shamans are the Fighters, leaving Light out to be the Lances... while the triangle might be reversed, that's how the stats are supposed to be...

... yeah... just saying, I know I wasn't around for creation so I kinda have a lot of questions about things like this...