Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

I don't know what Magvel 803 is, unless you're referring to FE8, so I can't say one bit. If it is FE8 than I'd say it's the other way around, but I don't really care. You're the one obsessing over how RotE is so NOT a clone despite having things like the same core combat system, but w/e. Don't care.

I'm more upset at how you think my asking if Phoenix has considered trying something different is somehow an attempt to increase my standing by relating it to an RP that's already finished/dead/whatever and that only a few people on the board would even remember and are willing to accuse me upfront and get outright hostile about it. And before you say it, yes, I consider this

I realize that your inability to get a forum RP off the ground may be frustrating, but trying to vicariously claim credit for creating RotE is not going to do you any favors.

to be hostile. Either way, I don't care, I'm done with this conversation. If I'm gonna have accusatory fingers pointed at me like this I don't really care what the response is.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stop giggling. Anyway, I've actually made (and am continuing to make) a few things on roll20. Just can't test them without inviting random people already on the site, and I'm shy as hell.

EDIT: As for the TS you asked about ... thinkin' about it. Short of starting a battle 2 seconds after the TS there's still going to be a short period between the end of the TS and the battle and I'm pretty sure that's going to be just as boring as things are right now lol

Edited by Phoenix

Let me clarify. Robin is feeling like she's directionless in combat and needs orders to be effective. She's hoping that, if someone commands her, she'll do better. This is not 'interpersonal' but merely her asking for direct orders in combat.

Noted, but that's not going to change the way it's being interpreted by other characters, or at least it shouldn't. It's not one of those situations where we're missing important context that would otherwise change how they react; Robin's just speaking out about her feelings and people are reacting.

I think Veronika mentioned that Robin should speak to Blake about strategy, which is what I'm pretty sure Robin is asking about. Perhaps it might be best for Robin to move this type of discussion to the 'supposed' tactician.

As a quick note, I'm not having story and gameplay segregation where Ing always eats up a turn to only protect Shadrak during battles. I'm still going to trust the plan people in making plans.

Noted, but that's not going to change the way it's being interpreted by other characters, or at least it shouldn't. It's not one of those situations where we're missing important context that would otherwise change how they react; Robin's just speaking out about her feelings and people are reacting.

Depends. Sometimes a player takes something the wrong way or doesn't understand what's going on when their character should/would know or understand.

As a quick note, I'm not having story and gameplay segregation where Ing always eats up a turn to only protect Shadrak during battles. I'm still going to trust the plan people in making plans.

Good to know! If we put him on a team with Shad (which is a decent place for him to be cause healer + damage) he should be able to protect him most turns anyways, but good to know. :P

Depends. Sometimes a player takes something the wrong way or doesn't understand what's going on when their character should/would know or understand.

Yeah, but this never happens to Robin and is extremely unlikely to happen because as a character, she's completely open to interpretation; there's no right way for anyone to see her and only a few wrong ways, and all of the wrong ways require Robin establishing things about herself that are then completely ignored. That just doesn't happen to her.

It's pretty impressive how two conversations about stripteases happened simultaneously, yet independent of each other. Gives a whole new meaning to the chapter title.

Edited by -Cynthia-