Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel so bad for Shanna- I mean Tate- I mean Thany.

At least she wasn't hit by arrows. Arrows are baaaaaad neeeeews.

but she did get hit by an arrow. the first strike was an arrow. at least im positive it was.... i dont think she even took it out.... in fact she might even have the arrow still in her.... boy that wont look good.

shot in the back, face hit in the front, front part of the arrow comes out the back.... good god that sounds like it hurts.

Hey, if that one guy can survive a rail spike through the brain, I'm sure you can take an arrow to the face =P

The story of Phineas Gage was frankly fascinating, I'm glad you brought it up! I'd actually just reread about it wiki-crawling John Henry the other week after I picked up Codename Steam, so seeing it referenced again so soon was pretty cool.

The story of Phineas Gage was frankly fascinating, I'm glad you brought it up! I'd actually just reread about it wiki-crawling John Henry the other week after I picked up Codename Steam, so seeing it referenced again so soon was pretty cool.

Yeah I rediscovered this guy recently too so Ether's quote was kind of a 'teehee, I know that guy' moment.

Ok, here's the silliness I've come up with.

Raquel warps Veronika towards The Boss.

Veronika Astras The Boss, hopefully kills him. (25 minimum + 5 chances for 5 more).

-In the very unlikely event the above fails, Robin can take a shot at it.

Then we split off into three ideas.

Dealing with the Sniper

or

Dealing with the Bishop group

or

Completely Obliterating the Bishop group

Sniper

Raquel bards for AS

Gar murderates the Bishop

Gabby and Faatina poke the General

Robin and Axel stab the Sniper to death.

Uriel heals Xenia.

Pray it's enough to handle EP.

Bishop group.

Raquel bards for MT.

Gar range attacks the Berserker for 16 minimum.

Faatina attacks the Berserker for 11 minimum.

Faatina gets Charge.

Robin range attacks the Sage.

Faatina kills the Sage with Charge.

Uriel heals Xenia.

Xenia heals Robin.

Gabbie defends whoever.

Pray it's enough to handle EP.

OBLITERATION!

Raquel bards for MT.

Gar attacks Bishop, does 16 minimum with 2 dice for overshooting.

Gabbie defends Axel.

Axel attacks Berserker, Gabbie defends with Firewall. Does 13 damage combined. Berserker needs 3 or higher to damage Gabbie.

Faatina attacks Berserker, does 11 damage, 26 total. three dice.

Robin range shoots the Sage.

Faatina finishes off the Sage.

Uriel heals Xenia or Robin. (Xenia can take a 6-MT roll from the Sniper.)

I think option 2 is likely the best option, but we should wait and see if teams get activated after the boss gets killed. i don't think option 3 is feasible if only because I'd argue it's guaranteed to set off another combat team

I agree with that. I think the zerker should be prioritized because of its' loadout. While snipers are obnoxious, the berzerker is going to almost guaranteed to drop someone on ep.

Any thoughts on maybe going after the bishop instead of the sage, so we stop the subvert?

Hmm actually, I'm super scrambled about a lot of things right now after what happened before. All I know is that the sage has a Nihil 2. and that I don't even want to guess at what that does because I always get it wrong. I don't... think I can charge onto the sage. Obviously if I can't, and we're going with a variant of plan 2, then we need to go for the bishop. Unless we can move things around, or whatnot.

How in the hell does Nihil 2 interact with charge I can't think right now.

Actually better idea remove both Nihil variants from the game they make things too complicated.

Also since iirc my charges have to be together we should have both targets weakened before I do a thing(unless they don't need to be together anymore)

Honestly I've been wrong about every single thing I've tried to do in this battle so I think I'm just gonna shut up now

Sage hurts a hell of a lot more. If anything the Berserker is actually the least threatening because his HIT is in the dumpster and so many people have DEF.

As for Nihil II and charge:

Nihil II VS the Charge skill: Charge cannot activate if the cavalier's target has a Nihil II in their inventory.

Since Charge has two "activate" parts it becomes unclear which it means. If KOing a Nihil II means the Cav can't Charge or if the Cav can't use an already activate Charge unto a Nihil II.

The Berserker is a guaranteed ep ko if it's allowed to stand, as its' loadout implies another wave of reinforcements.

@Nihil: asked about this previously and I believe it was you can ko them then move onto the next target. Not ko target, then charge them.

Anyways Faatina can weaken the second target potentially. In either case she can afford to take a hit. However if we can weaken them enough for faatina to kill without retaliation, then do that.