Playing efficient with my Team PT

In most cases, the reverse is actually true. Laguz probably require the least expenditures compared to their beorc counterparts. Skills and BEXP are what everyone needs. Laguz just need less of those in most cases (if not all). Half of their favoring is simply just letting them do what your beorc do: kill shit.

I really don't get what's up with you and laguz man. They're probably the easiest units to use, period. It would be nice if they could use Discipline though. But eh, the beorc I normally choose are good enough to replace the laguz anyway. They're pretty interchangeable with different costs. I probably hate Ranulf more than most of the laguz and beorc really.

I like how the laguz don't have to worry about their items braking ^_^. On the other hand it sucks they lack 2-range, something that beorc have over them. ^_^

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how the laguz don't have to worry about their items braking ^_^. On the other hand it sucks they lack 2-range, something that beorc have over them. ^_^

Yeah, 2 range forges are pretty sick to have. Though you gotta admit, tearing the living shit out of units with your claws, beak, or talons is pretty sick too.

does anyone here know if its worth getting Micaiah to SS Light for Lehran? Or does his damage suck?

Not worth it. Even by NM standards, you are just having her chip once for all of her career with Rexaura. There's really no point.

They're probably the easiest units to use, period.

I don't really agree with this. It takes a very specific combination of actions to get them up and running as soon as possible, and raising them requires some meticulous maximization of enemy phase combat without losing too much gauge. It requires doing math. And stuff.

I don't really agree with this. It takes a very specific combination of actions to get them up and running as soon as possible, and raising them requires some meticulous maximization of enemy phase combat without losing too much gauge. It requires doing math. And stuff.

There isn't too much math that is really necessary. The only ones are probably Ranulf and Volug, and Volug's reason is because he lacks Reyson to buffer him a turn. By the easiest, I mean they require almost no real assistance to be "good". I guess I worded it poorly, so I apologize.

Edited by Tyranel M

In most cases, the reverse is actually true. Laguz probably require the least expenditures compared to their beorc counterparts. Skills and BEXP are what everyone needs. Laguz just need less of those in most cases (if not all). Half of their favoring is simply just letting them do what your beorc do: kill shit.

I really don't get what's up with you and laguz man. They're probably the easiest units to use, period. It would be nice if they could use Discipline though. But eh, the beorc I normally choose are good enough to replace the laguz anyway. They're pretty interchangeable with different costs. I probably hate Ranulf more than most of the laguz and beorc really.

Well, maybe, but then I think of how slooooowly they're leveling, and it pisses me off.

As for what I have against laguz... No 2 range sucks. Leveling slower than molasses doesn't help, and neither does taking nearly forever to get your strike rank up. And I'm not exactly willing to use BEXP on a laguz (which is practically the only way they'll get anywhere fast). And for whatever reason, I'm not willing to buy Olivi Grass... Also, beorc can get forges, which, IMO, makes favoring them easier (or at least, is part of what makes favoring them easier).

Edited by Malik Maxwell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmFvCWnZX1U

14, 279 Funds
Forges: IronKnife- 2MT(Cook Knife),
820 BEXP

Unit    Lvl    HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS   Support

Micaiah   6.69 16  2 10  9  8 13  5  9  A Sothe
Eddie    11.18 24 11  0 17 16 10 10  1   
Leo       5.80 18  8  0 13 10  7  6  4  C Nolan 
Nolan    12.02 30 15  0 12 12 10 10  3  C Leonardo
Sothe     2.98 38 20  7 21 20 24 19 10  A Micaiah
Laura     2.87 16  3  8  4  6  9  2 10    
Ilyana   14.21 23  7 16 16 17  8  4 13
Aran      8.11 24 11  1 12 11  6 12  2            
Meg       3.66 21 10  1  7  8  8 10  5
Volug    15.12 49 11  2 12 13 13  9  5

6 turns?

Omg Ilyana is being speed blessed and she's so useful right now ;). Ilyana weakened the boss for Eddie (Yay! favoritism sorry Nolan but Eddie is my main guy this time :lol:). Meg learned self defense I'm glad it was Meg and not Laura that stray soldier attacked (Jill/Zihark i can't recall who didn't kill him). I guess one good thing about Meg is that she has good hit with a steel sword. Volug goes up and then to the far right, and he didn't find the concotion. Sothe got the master seal. Gave a few kills to Micaiah(Ooops :3), gave a lot of attention to Eddie, and enemies suicided to Ilyana, Nolan and Sothe. Poor Aran, I didn't have much use for him.

BTW Thank you Soul for the advice ^_^ I won't use any of the ams scrolls on her.

Yeah, 2 range forges are pretty sick to have. Though you gotta admit, tearing the living shit out of units with your claws, beak, or talons is pretty sick too.

I agree Edited by Queen_Elincia

howcome? and thank you ^_^

He can be inconsistent on doubling unless he gets blessed. (Not helping is the fact that Trueblades get my outright most hated mastery skill.) And you're welcome.

There isn't too much math that is really necessary. The only ones are probably Ranulf and Volug, and Volug's reason is because he lacks Reyson to buffer him a turn. By the easiest, I mean they require almost no real assistance to be "good". I guess I worded it poorly, so I apologize.

I think dondon means is specifically for players who "just want to play," Beorc are a lot easier to use effectively than Laguz, and I agree. If you know all the ropes like we do, Laguz are great and don't actually require much, but what's second nature for us isn't so obvious for your average player.

I think dondon means is specifically for players who "just want to play," Beorc are a lot easier to use effectively than Laguz, and I agree. If you know all the ropes like we do, Laguz are great and don't actually require much, but what's second nature for us isn't so obvious for your average player.

Yeah, exactly. Malik Maxwell here is incredibly irrational with his preferences (despite me telling him how he doesn't make sense). That's your average player.

Well, it's true, isn't it? I already pointed out the idiosyncrasy in thinking that laguz strike WEXP is a pain to raise when it is even more difficult to give CEXP to your average beorc unit.

You don't have to insult him for it though. Some of us aren't used to effiency arguments (I still don't understand it completely ^^'), it would be much better if you explain it to him rather than insulting him for not knowing it. Theres no need to create hostility.

sorry if I went overboard with you dondon.

Alot seem to understand that being forced on the map means being forced at battle. Yet, that case isn't true for anyone. You can easily have a base level Micaiah for Endgame.

Yeah, since she's a Mag sponge.

She'll never have the Spd to double them. She needs 28 AS to double most of them. And that would mean she would've needed to cap Spd at second tier (needs two previous Speedwings for that) and then, either take a third Spd wing once at 3rd tier, or, BEXP to 99 and await Blossom levels, expecting a Spd proc. Heck, this applies in NM, even she doesn't double most Generals there.

That is why I recommend Laura to use the Rexaura tome.

Not really. He has pretty reliable dodge on his own by 3rd tier. And he will likely be having a support with someone by then. I managed to pull Ike x Edward A support starting at 4-1 and ending at 4-E-5.

Well, better put him on some cover tiles then since two spoilerish bosses have like 100% accuracy with their mag.

Could you please stop basing yourself on personal preference on an arguement? There are alot of things most of us actually don't do despite tier lists assuming otherwise, yet, we don't go and say "OH HAY I HAET DEPLOYING UNIT X AT SAID CHAPTER". When we happen to be arguing about the game, we don't use our personal preference if we are referring to another person. We don't like taking 3643745865489567855967960986986986 turns Endgame abusing Kurthnaga or whatever you do. So I suggest you quit it with that. It's annoying, so full of bias and it makes it hard to make you understand a point, when in the first place, you refuse to admit it because "You don't play that way".

There us no arguing with a raciest. Doing so will dig things further into a hole of trouble if you know what I mean?

Also, you overrate 2-range at maps we are suppose to 1-2 turn anyway. And the laguz royals are your key to that.

Especialy on Hard, yes.

I think its a challenge enough to try to do low turncounts with someone like Fiona.

lol

Tibarn need no such levels.

It's possible to get Tibarn a level or two in Unforgivable Sin whic is partially why he is nicknamed Mc Jesus. :lol:

Play some FE:SD. You'll get more heartless after that.

qft

I hope Eddie gets lucky with his 35% def growth :lol: but I'm pretty sure he'll be more durable than Zihark by then.

If your going to use him, for god sake give him the Talisman, and use Ward/Pure Waters on him while he's on the cover tiles in the endgame chapters.

Except giving them cards will give them that opportunity.

Not worth it. Even by NM standards, you are just having her chip once for all of her career with Rexaura. There's really no point.

Indeed. When you actually have a better canidate for it who is guaranteed to cap Speed. And that's...Laura. ^_^

Poor Aran, I didn't have much use for him.

With his poor Speed and Luck. Better bench him before it's too late. He's already funneled kills that should have been fed to your more durable units, like Sothe.

thats mean to call him incredibly irrational.

Truth hurts.

Except giving them cards will give them that opportunity.

You mean those same magic cards that're pretty useless and are better off sold? Because until part 4, Reaper and Daemon Cards are only available through Bargains, and I highly doubt they're worth the 5000 gold that it takes to buy them.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

I feel bad though I feel like its my fault that he's been getting called out :facepalm:.

Ever since I asked for advice he said Ilyana and since then he's been getting called out. Which I understand why but I didn't find a need for him to be called incredibly irrational, or maybe I'm taking it too serious here.

I'll just forget about it and move on ^_^.

You probably should.

While you're doing this, I'm finishing up on my first RD playthrough on NM with no transfers and aiming for semi efficiency.

I might play along with you.

@Priscilla: Actually, Laura is pretty shitty as a combatant. Her growths are great, but her caps suck so even if you do funnel BEXP, Paragon and have her heal tons and tons every chapter, then she's still terrible. You're best off not bothering with Rexaura or Balberith sadly. Which is a shame. I like those tomes :(

Edited by Dark Sage

You mean those same magic cards that're pretty useless and are better off sold? Because until part 4, Reaper and Daemon Cards are only available through Bargains, and I highly doubt they're worth the 5000 gold that it takes to buy them.

Well, they mean no counter from the BK in 3-7, making that easier to do, and Ena is quite good with them.

But aside from that, even 12 mag (Ranulf + Lyre) doesn't get you good damage with the things.

Well, they mean no counter from the BK in 3-7, making that easier to do, and Ena is quite good with them.

But aside from that, even 12 mag (Ranulf + Lyre) doesn't get you good damage with the things.

They help to kill Ike in 3-13 as well, although even against a hax capped HP/strength/skill/speed/defense Ike I didn't need them.

That is why I recommend Laura to use the Rexaura tome.

Thing is, Laura won't even have the necessary Spd to double, even when capped. And her status as a combat unit is impossible at an effeciency playthrough. You'd have to waste tons of turns boss-abusing or healing EVERYONE for EACH scratch they get. And Micaiah is actually dealing more damage with Thani than Laura does while doubling. =P

There us no arguing with a raciest. Doing so will dig things further into a hole of trouble if you know what I mean?

I learned that by now. :) Thank you.

It's possible to get Tibarn a level or two in Unforgivable Sin whic is partially why he is nicknamed Mc Jesus.

In HM, against those laguz, he gains around 1-2 Exp. He won't even level up if you kill Izuka in 1-3 turns. =/

In fact, throwing him in there at low Bio is pretty dangerious. I actually got him killed once because I took one or two extra turns.

Edited by Soul

They help to kill Ike in 3-13 as well, although even against a hax capped HP/strength/skill/speed/defense Ike I didn't need them.

Tauroneo aside, I can't think of any Daein who could use them to much effect... And even so, I think they're still not worth wasting 5000 gold on.

Edited by Malik Maxwell