Playing efficient with my Team PT

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jill is a pretty good Crown candidate anyway since she'll have the Canto to retreat from the enemy. Don't put Tauroneo over there unless he's doing it to weaken stuff. If he's left there on the Enemy Phase, Ike will whip out Ragnell and then... well say your prayers.

Don't forget: Women are magical.

Jill is a pretty good Crown candidate anyway since she'll have the Canto to retreat from the enemy. Don't put Tauroneo over there unless he's doing it to weaken stuff. If he's left there on the Enemy Phase, Ike will whip out Ragnell and then... well say your prayers.

Don't forget: Women are magical.

Bold: ...Ehhh?

The rest: I understand... Then again, it's not as though I ever buy any of those magic cards.

Why isn't Brolan usually early-Crowned? Is it because they want more stats to cap?

Kind of. Technically Jill is better to crown because she can get more chances to snipe at Ike with the Card, then retreat. The problem is that if you're two spots within Ike, he's going to pull out Ragnell. And chances are your Ike is pretty close to Spd cap and definite on the Str cap. I don't think anyone wants to take 45 Atk with near-30 AS. Taur already gets wiped off the map. Then you have +5 Def to deal with. In other words: bad.

If you didn't train Jill, then Nolan (assuming you went for him) is probably the best to crown then. You're going to have shaky situations, though. It might even be better just to crown Tauroneo right then and there and try for a Luna proc. Dunno, the only other alternative is Volug after that really.

Bold: ...Ehhh?

Don't make me pull more jokes. I'm out of them.

The rest: I understand... Then again, it's not as though I ever buy any of those magic cards.

Now we're playing the "poor excuse" card? You can buy the Daemon Card in 3-13. AFTER you get another Gold dump. Don't tell me you can't afford it.

Edited by Tyranel M

Now we're playing the "poor excuse" card? You can buy the Daemon Card in 3-13. AFTER you get another Gold dump. Don't tell me you can't afford it.

Not so much "can't afford it" as "I've got better options for the 5000 Gold that it takes to buy one of those". :mellow:

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Not so much "can't afford it" as "I've got better options for the 5000 Gold that it takes to buy one of those". :mellow:

What are you going to buy with that 5,000 Gold? Hookers? No I'm being serious with this question...

What are you going to buy with that 5,000 Gold? Hookers? No I'm being serious with this question...

I'd consider a magic card low priority compared to most of anything else, really... :mellow: I'd consider ranged weaponry a better investment than a magic card.

I'd consider a magic card low priority compared to most of anything else, really... :mellow: I'd consider ranged weaponry a better investment than a magic card.

The ranged weaponry also sucks in comparison to a forge, which you're going to get immediately after the Dawn Brigade is finished. You probably have a Short Axe lying around, a Tomahawk is given in 3-12, and a Storm Sword is pretty damn inaccurate. Lances are pretty much the least of your worries too unless you're using Aran. You can't seriously tell me that a magic card is not a good investment when it probably does more than the Short Spear / Storm Sword / Short Axe would period.

The ranged weaponry also sucks in comparison to a forge, which you're going to get immediately after the Dawn Brigade is finished. You probably have a Short Axe lying around, a Tomahawk is given in 3-12, and a Storm Sword is pretty damn inaccurate. Lances are pretty much the least of your worries too unless you're using Aran. You can't seriously tell me that a magic card is not a good investment when it probably does more than the Short Spear / Storm Sword / Short Axe would period.

At any rate, I really never saw much purpose to those cards... In addition, while Storm Swords may be inaccurate, the only other ranged options for swords ae Wind Edges (can't be forged) and Tempest Blades (you only get two of these). Also, to be honest, I think that the "card Ike to death" strategy is still somewhat dicey, since most of the laguz have S strike, and I'll pass on being on the business end of tiger fangs in that case.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

At any rate, I really never saw much purpose to those cards... In addition, while Storm Swords may be inaccurate, the only other ranged options for swords ae Wind Edges (can't be forged) and Tempest Blades (you only get two of these).

They have a purpose, even if it's situational and not that worthwhile even in the appropriate situation. And you can sell it off again later to recoup some of the money. Certainly the existence of a Storm Sword probably isn't going to save you a turn earlier on.

At any rate, I really never saw much purpose to those cards...

;facepalm:

We went over, what, 3 different ways to use the cards effectively? We have;

- Black Knight in 3-7

- Ike in 3-13

- Ena in Endgame, though the last isn't as noticeable.

The most cards you have to even buy is the Daemon Card in 3-12 and maybe another for Ena. Yes their impact is small within the entire game's process, but they help make some of the impossible possible.

In addition, while Storm Swords may be inaccurate, the only other ranged options for swords ae Wind Edges (can't be forged) and Tempest Blades (you only get two of these).

Any units using Storm Swords is a pretty dicey idea anyway; more dicey than your next statement. 2 range was barely used with Mia in Part 4 barring some instances. With Zihark... You can still buy a freaking Storm Sword in 3-6. DB being broke is difficult. They can afford both.

Also, to be honest, I think that the "card Ike to death" strategy is still somewhat dicey, since most of the laguz have S strike, and I'll pass on being on the business end of tiger fangs in that case.

Here's a fun fact about those 3 Tigers near Ike: they don't move. Furthermore, you have Beastfoe on your side as well as Taur. It shouldn't be terribly difficult to survive the southern laguz. All it takes is a little planning and a crown.

Hahaha. Will it take long before you guys come to realize Ritcher is like a broken record and stop? :awesome:

You forgot I debated with people like MaxKnight, who was nothing more than a broken record. My entire hobby relies on beating myself in the head with arguments. I think I should've wrote Glenn Beck's book to be honest.

Wouldn't vantage turn out better with wrath resolve?

If Ike attacks and switches to Ragnell, the jig is up. Edward can't go around taking hits that powerful and doesn't do good enough damage with Ragnell's defense bonus even if Vantage does proc. Cancel is better because if he's weak enough to activate Wrath, Ike probably OHKOes him even with Bronze, and Cancel reduces the probability of death by about half. Plus, Vantage is best place on Nolan with Beastfoe.

Crowned Jill w/brave axe + Taur w/magic cards could probably finish him off fairly easy. Ike moves first, I think, too.

I doubt it'd work unless Jill activaes Stun...

Jill leaves a maxed out Ike at very low HP for Tauroneo to finish up.

I assume we're talking a max health and near, if not max, defense Ike here. A crowned Jill might not be that effective on him. Unless you're assuming Jill doubles Ike... 'Course, I can't judge when Jill gets her crowning... Or am I missing something here?

Edited by Malik Maxwell

I assume we're talking a max health and near, if not max, defense Ike here. A crowned Jill might not be that effective on him. Unless you're assuming Jill doubles Ike... 'Course, I can't judge when Jill gets her crowning... Or am I missing something here?

If I mean a 'maxed out', I mean maxed out to the point where everything except Res & Luck are capped. Jill is usually trained at 3-6 & 3-12 with Paragon to be given the Crown. It's very much possible. Or have you not seen the RD runs going around SF? Check the lastest. Anoulethe's run.