whase

just finished the test, my IQ is 117.

the average IQ is between 90 and 110

IQ between 110 and 120 means you're just above average

everything over 120 means you are very smart

some random facts:

the IQ of the smartest chimp in Holland is 75

the lowest IQ measured here in Holland by this test is 41

IQ tests don't measure intelligence, they measure acculturation and relativity, if anything.

The "right" answer is usually biased. If there's a garden hose, a mask, a blanket, and a glove, there's a number of ways to justify what doesn't belong--two simple ones being the blanket because it's not rubber, or the hose because it's not made to adorn the body. Stuff like this seeps all throughout IQ tests of any sort.

Like Celice said, IQ tests do not actually measure how smart you are.

All they do for sure is tell you how good you were at taking that specific test.

IQ tests definitely aren't perfect, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think they indicate intelligence to a pretty accurate degree. There's a reason it's the standard.

IQ tests definitely aren't perfect, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think they indicate intelligence to a pretty accurate degree. There's a reason it's the standard.

Actually, there's a reason why they aren't taken seriously anymore.

If you think questions like "who was the President of US in 1957" measure your intelligence... I'm sorry, but you're the one kidding yourself.

If you think questions like "who was the President of US in 1957" measure your intelligence... I'm sorry, but you're the one kidding yourself.

Haha, you think they ask those kinds of questions on actual IQ tests? To be clear, I meant "ones you don't get for free online."

Are we talking about the same IQ tests, here? :V

Quoting this IQ test available on Facebook:

Based on the first 31 questions, your estimated IQ is: 133

You have 449 more questions to answer... answer one now

You got 26 questions right and 5 wrong... more details

Because your IQ is over 110 in this test you might get a more accurate IQ score from our Advanced Level IQ Test - click here to take it. The advanced test includes harder questions to give more accurate results and a higher maximum score for the most intelligent people.

So I don't know or care how accurate it is, but I think 133 is pretty high. I basically have my head screwed on.

Edit: Because I'm not paying, I can only answer one question per 24 hours. So it would take me well over a year to answer all their questions.

Edited by VanguardRaven

IQ tests definitely aren't perfect, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think they indicate intelligence to a pretty accurate degree.

The term 'intelligence' is pretty broad. A popular theory has intelligence as "multiple intelligences" like musical intelligence and natural intelligence. And then there's stuff like "emotional intelligence" and intelligence in creativity. Are you saying that the IQ test actually measures all those and accurately measures them too?

Are we talking about the same IQ tests, here? :V

I'm talking about internet tests, which most definitely have questions like that (the ones I've seen usually have half logic/maths, half general knowledge bs). Jaffar claims that real IQ tests are quite different from those; I never had the chance of taking an "actual" IQ test because its result wouldn't be useful enough. Or so I was told.

IQ tests aren't a standard... they're advertised and marketed to be. And very loosely. I'm still surprised it's gobbled up. But then again, humans are gullible in nature, so...

IQ tests being standard is like saying Rorschach tests are standards for psychological observation because of their great ways of measuring perspective. Less than a minute in any sort of scholastic setting and you'll see how wrong that could ever be--but it's a popular concept because it's easy to market around. It's pandered, nothing more. And people pick it up without thinking about it, and assume it must be great.

Quoting this IQ test available on Facebook:

So I don't know or care how accurate it is, but I think 133 is pretty high. I basically have my head screwed on.

Edit: Because I'm not paying, I can only answer one question per 24 hours. So it would take me well over a year to answer all their questions.

One standard deviation is 15 points, and represents 68% of the population, while 2 represents 95%. The fewer standard deviations, the more you represent the mean. Being over two standard deviations away would mean you are one of the remaining 5% with an IQ above 130. Which is utterly unlikely. Internet tests are basically just there for people to feel good.

I'm talking about internet tests, which most definitely have questions like that (the ones I've seen usually have half logic/maths, half general knowledge bs). Jaffar claims that real IQ tests are quite different from those; I never had the chance of taking an "actual" IQ test because its result wouldn't be useful enough. Or so I was told.

The result wouldn't be useful enough, so you were told fairly right. :V

Edited by Esau of Isaac

One standard deviation is 15 points, and represents 68% of the population, while 2 represents 95%. The fewer standard deviations, the more you represent the mean. Being over two standard deviations away would mean you are one of the remaining 5% with an IQ above 130. Which is utterly unlikely. Internet tests are basically just there for people to feel good.

I'm willing to roll with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I wouldn't put much thought into your IQ result. It's pretty debatable how accurate it, and it definitely is a poor estimator of happiness or success. One of my friends got a 4.0 at Caltech and scored absurdly high on the IQ test, but after going to Grad School for a year, dropped out due to alcoholism. He's now bumming around drinking fourties and vodka all day...