Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made an account, being an occasional Fire Emblem hack player, to ask some questions. Having read a few pages of this thread, I will understand if you guys give me oblique answers (i.e: Won't tell me squat about anything at all).

Chapter everything with a turn-count limit that spawns nigh-invincible generic pre-promotes:

You said that you didn't like how you made those units give no EXP. How did you do it?

Chapter 14B:

Is there a use for the VIP card?

Including the side-quest, how many hidden items exist in the B route? (i.e: Not blatantly obvious to get).

How many of those are promotion items?

Is the Ancient Blade ever going to be usable for anything either than massive Wt and horrible Mt?

Who CAN'T promote in the hack? (Just the B route is fine)

Finally, I suggest giving warning that there aren't any shops after 12B. In the final chapter, I was fighting with my teeth and nails. And I had ditched all my healers on account of the fact that they couldn't heal.

My final note:

Amelia=speed screwed. Someone said that she doubled sel'Seir. For me, it was the other way around. 19 speed at 20/1.

This wonderful piece of work, overall, felt incomplete, because it was. I felt that the difficulty was largely based on the fact that nobody ever gets EXP, because the enemies are level 1, that your enemies have better gear (navigable through careful tactics), and that only a select few of your units ever promote. I understand that the latter was instituted as to prevent any one unit from gaining too large an advantage (mostly negated after I got the "Hero Crest").

It also felt, however, rather rushed and nonsensical in some bits. For example, after her escape to chapter 10B, the story claims that the group takes up mercenary jobs up until they meet se'Morr. Why don't I get money? Did we spend it all?

Also, it feels like the aftermath of chapter 4 needs a better transition, as Kolbane is "suddenly in command for one day".

And I like the way xin'Khen was just sitting in his room to the top left. Felt like he was playing the game and saying: Yes! Go, my hapless minions, go!

Sorry if this feels overbearing and presumptuous. Just wanted to throw in my feelings after having spent a couple of days save-state abusing the hell out of things after continuously failing to check if the enemies on the other side of the wall had ranged weapons.

I do believes priests and mages of any kind in route B cannot promote because of no promotional items for them nor the fliers for either route.

However you do have a chance to acquire a single Master Seal from either route to promote any unit freely. But I'm not at liberty to reveals its actual location, though i'm sure you can figure it out from the hints a couple of posts ago, mainly the assembled post I made at bottom of a page of all hints provided for free from the maker and playtesters / assistants.

Though I probably forced them to give up some hints. heh...

About xin'Hein. I heard he was recruitable, but I've yet to know if it's really a fact since Astra didn't really confirm it.

But I think you could just do... the warp rescue or something to have him moved around for whatever reasons? Unless it's a room with a door.

Edited by Ubel Engel

I do believes priests and mages of any kind in route B cannot promote because of no promotional items for them

wrong

Mage Promo exists in 14B Healer is 13B

Also 19 speed at 20/1 is pretty decent for most units, though, if not good. If she could double sel'Seir she must've been a very high level for chapter (think at least 20/6 and up) and very very blessed. Actually, if Seir doubles Amelia with 19 spd he shouldn't be able to be doubled by her at all ever, unless she was taking an AS penalty from something.

Sages have pretty bad offensive gains on promotion but hey +3 def

Ancient weapons will come into play later just hold on to it for now will not spoil details

Edited by Thor Odinson

IIRC you can set EXP gain to a degree for enemy units, I think in Nightmare you could... like how thieves gave more exp and such. But I'm not a hacker so don't take my word for it.

Pretty sure they'll eventually have a secret shop. I don't think the shop warning thing is a big deal, you should really stock up when you get the chance. I've run out of heal staves and Fire tomes in FE7 before.

I think the low level thing is mainly to slow exp gain while allowing more enemies in maps, which I sorta liked, but just my opinion. I believe the promotion item thing is just because the endgame will supposedly favour the late promotions and you'll need the stats - I'm assuming the reason the promotion level is now 15.

Don't forget you can check the averages and growths on the google spreadsheet in the first post - and note that no one should be able to double him at 20/1 on average (Kolbane has the most at 21 speed at 20/1) I got my Karen to double them just because between healing and beating people up with Shinebolt she got to 20/3.

[spoiler=Promotion Items]

Master Seal cannot promote Renair, Chester, Seymour or Arcus. and Garath.

Ch.15+ will supposedly have an influx of promotion items.

A:

8x - Knight Sigil (Stolen) (Seren/Marius/Feuilly)

10 - Master Seal (VERY well hidden)

12 - Bladed Crest (Dropped) (Driscoll/Kolbane)

13 - Rosary (Dropped) (Asher/Lia/Melissa)

14 - Inner Flame (Chest) (Amelia/Gabriel/Engie)

B:

11x - Phoenix Quill (Stolen) (Crowe/Chase)

13 - Rosary (Dropped) (Asher/Lia/Karen)

14 - Inner Flame (Chest) (Amelia/Gabriel)

I have no idea why xin'Khen is in Chapter 14B either. Nobody can talk to him, and he never moves.

Or at least, he never SHOULD. If you have a mounted unit rescue him and then use the stairs, you can drop him next to enemies and watch him murder them, although his weapon sometimes causes freezes if the animations are off. This also allows you to beat the the boss of the chapter with little hassle, as xin'Khen just effortlessly one-rounds him.

Chapter everything with a turn-count limit that spawns nigh-invincible generic pre-promotes:

You said that you didn't like how you made those units give no EXP. How did you do it?

Chapter 14B:

Is there a use for the VIP card?

Including the side-quest, how many hidden items exist in the B route? (i.e: Not blatantly obvious to get).

How many of those are promotion items?

Is the Ancient Blade ever going to be usable for anything either than massive Wt and horrible Mt?

Who CAN'T promote in the hack? (Just the B route is fine)

Finally, I suggest giving warning that there aren't any shops after 12B. In the final chapter, I was fighting with my teeth and nails. And I had ditched all my healers on account of the fact that they couldn't heal.

My final note:

Amelia=speed screwed. Someone said that she doubled sel'Seir. For me, it was the other way around. 19 speed at 20/1.

This wonderful piece of work, overall, felt incomplete, because it was. I felt that the difficulty was largely based on the fact that nobody ever gets EXP, because the enemies are level 1, that your enemies have better gear (navigable through careful tactics), and that only a select few of your units ever promote. I understand that the latter was instituted as to prevent any one unit from gaining too large an advantage (mostly negated after I got the "Hero Crest").

It also felt, however, rather rushed and nonsensical in some bits. For example, after her escape to chapter 10B, the story claims that the group takes up mercenary jobs up until they meet se'Morr. Why don't I get money? Did we spend it all?

Also, it feels like the aftermath of chapter 4 needs a better transition, as Kolbane is "suddenly in command for one day".

And I like the way xin'Khen was just sitting in his room to the top left. Felt like he was playing the game and saying: Yes! Go, my hapless minions, go!

Sorry if this feels overbearing and presumptuous. Just wanted to throw in my feelings after having spent a couple of days save-state abusing the hell out of things after continuously failing to check if the enemies on the other side of the wall had ranged weapons.

There's an option in nightmare.

Not yet, there are no secret shops.

2 secret items in Onduris and Musain. 1 is a Master Seal.

Yes.

Renair and Chester, that's all I think.

Huh, I thought I gave one, because I know I gave one for Musain, noted.

Her average speed at 20/1 is 16, you are not screwed.

Low EXP gain is intentional, because this rom hack will be fairly lengthly (32 chapters or so)

They will get money once Seymour regains the throne, that was the deal.

Kolbane is the only actual member of the border patrol. Renair is distraught, and Garath is near death, he is the only person with the rank.

He is supposed to have a talk conversation with Seymour and Vixenk, however I didn't have dialogue to insert there, in the next version, there will be talks.

Oh no, that's fine.

I do believes priests and mages of any kind in route B cannot promote because of no promotional items for them nor the fliers for either route.

However you do have a chance to acquire a single Master Seal from either route to promote any unit freely. But I'm not at liberty to reveals its actual location, though i'm sure you can figure it out from the hints a couple of posts ago, mainly the assembled post I made at bottom of a page of all hints provided for free from the maker and playtesters / assistants.

Though I probably forced them to give up some hints. heh...

About xin'Hein. I heard he was recruitable, but I've yet to know if it's really a fact since Astra didn't really confirm it.

But I think you could just do... the warp rescue or something to have him moved around for whatever reasons? Unless it's a room with a door.

Healers get a promotion item in 13B, Mages can promote with their promo item in 14B. Fliers can promote if you give them the master seal.

Why did you just contradict yourself with the fliers lol

He isn't, he's an NPC, that's all.

IIRC you can set EXP gain to a degree for enemy units, I think in Nightmare you could... like how thieves gave more exp and such. But I'm not a hacker so don't take my word for it.

Pretty sure they'll eventually have a secret shop. I don't think the shop warning thing is a big deal, you should really stock up when you get the chance. I've run out of heal staves and Fire tomes in FE7 before.

I think the low level thing is mainly to slow exp gain while allowing more enemies in maps, which I sorta liked, but just my opinion. I believe the promotion item thing is just because the endgame will supposedly favour the late promotions and you'll need the stats - I'm assuming the reason the promotion level is now 15.

Don't forget you can check the averages and growths on the google spreadsheet in the first post - and note that no one should be able to double him at 20/1 on average (Kolbane has the most at 21 speed at 20/1) I got my Karen to double them just because between healing and beating people up with Shinebolt she got to 20/3.

[spoiler=Promotion Items]

Master Seal cannot promote Renair, Chester, Seymour or Arcus. and Garath.

Ch.15+ will supposedly have an influx of promotion items.

A:

8x - Knight Sigil (Stolen) (Seren/Marius/Feuilly)

13 - Rosary (Dropped) (Asher/Lia/Melissa)

14 - Inner Flame (Chest) (Amelia/Gabriel/Enjo/River)

B:

11x - Phoenix Quill (Stolen) (Crowe/Chase)

12 - Bladed Crest (Dropped) (Driscoll/Kolbane/Inari/Vixenk)

13 - Rosary (Dropped) (Asher/Lia/Karen)

14 - Inner Flame (Chest) (Amelia/Gabriel)

It doesn't work that way exactly, you can change the class power of the classes, but when you do that it effects how much exp you gain/give. It's not a one way street unfortunately.

Correct, late promotion helps lategame, but earlier promotion will help you a lot in midgame.

Yes you can.

Fixed some stuff in the spoiler and I already have I think 3 promotion items in Ch15 planned.

So yes they'll be coming.

Or at least, he never SHOULD. If you have a mounted unit rescue him and then use the stairs, you can drop him next to enemies and watch him murder them, although his weapon sometimes causes freezes if the animations are off. This also allows you to beat the the boss of the chapter with little hassle, as xin'Khen just effortlessly one-rounds him.

Huh, really, if map animations are off?

Gotta test this.

If xin'Khen has a talk convo with two people, do we have to play the chapter twice to access it without sending Lia or Juan over to rescue him? Because the stairs only work once, so unless one rescues the other(which I don't think is possible), you'd have to play twice. That is, unless you change where he is on the map.

As for the freezing, it only seemed to happen when he fought mercenaries. Also, the Nihil Katti seems to be Ice on the map.

If xin'Khen has a talk convo with two people, do we have to play the chapter twice to access it without sending Lia or Juan over to rescue him? Because the stairs only work once, so unless one rescues the other(which I don't think is possible), you'd have to play twice. That is, unless you change where he is on the map.

FWIW, when I tried it, entering only worked once, as advertised, but exiting worked twice (I had Juan rescue Chester coming in, then Juan rescue xin'Khen coming out, and Chester successfully left by himself later but couldn't go back). Also I'm pretty sure Lia and Juan can both rescue each other.

Also I was really disappointed to find out that out of all those stairwells on the map, there's only that one pair of teleports

1. Can you make the description on Inner Flame a bit more clear?

2. I'm working on a stat calculator for you guys, but it's nowhere near finished.

Pretty mountains ... and Stolypin! I'll get to use you this time!

And I'm assuming this in the Musain route, but if you don't kill or recruit Kanus in his joining chapter , would he show up in the enemy army in the Onduris route, like Amelia in FE8 Eirika's route?

Stolypin is cheering because he finally gets some love.

This is also the nicest map palette I've seen out of a FE.

Didn't Feaw do a great job?

And I'm assuming this in the Musain route, but if you don't kill or recruit Kanus in his joining chapter , would he show up in the enemy army in the Onduris route, like Amelia in FE8 Eirika's route?

Yep, Musain Ch15.

No, he wouldn't. Kanus would probably just be lost in Onduris forever tbh.

Didn't Feaw do a great job?

He really did.