Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

How do I recruit the wyvern with the tomahawk?

You can't.

He is the body of the internet, the face of all that is chaos.

He breeds disaster, and give birth to madness.

He is...

Anonymous.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway guys, we now have a much more user-friendly stat calculator you can use, courtesy of eclipse!

CLICK HERE

Oooh, nifty! Good job, Eclipse. :)

It'd be nice if there was a |Level - - - - - - Res| bar separating the level 20 unpromoted stats and the level 1 promoted stats (or something else to separate the two), but it is cool nontheless!

Oooh, nifty! Good job, Eclipse. :)

It'd be nice if there was a |Level - - - - - - Res| bar separating the level 20 unpromoted stats and the level 1 promoted stats (or something else to separate the two), but it is cool nontheless!

Hmmm. . .I'll see if I can work that in somehow.

Would also like to know if anyone's forced to use IE8 or lower. There's issues with IE8, and I'm pretty sure this won't work on 6/7.

Did a quick check with Renair since I know she caps speed, and the leveling system doesn't take into account their caps.

That's or it's my web browser, but I have the most recent Firefox. I think it's like 18 or something now?

It looks really useful so far too.

post-5682-035617100 1358489688_thumb.png

Huh. I'll give it a try in Firefox. Thanks!

EDIT: Figured it out. I'll need to update a few things.

EDIT2: Revised copy sent. All issues (unpromoted caps and divider thingy) addressed. Hope it helps~!

Edited by eclipse

It also felt, however, rather rushed and nonsensical in some bits. For example, after her escape to chapter 10B, the story claims that the group takes up mercenary jobs up until they meet se'Morr. Why don't I get money? Did we spend it all?

Presumably it goes to general upkeep.

Also, it feels like the aftermath of chapter 4 needs a better transition, as Kolbane is "suddenly in command for one day".

... He's ever in command? At all? I strongly doubt that, as Garath's second-in-command.

The tactician from Gral Sethes is so amazingly useless.

Also, I just love how everyone joins Renair's army on a whim.

Examples: Gabriel (traveling medicine show scammer), Chase (who is this guy anyways), Kanus (he's confused), Bellona (what is this I don't even), Karen (ditto), Asher (the earliest example of why is this guy with us), Inari (random sailor recruited by Balder).

Everyone else has almost paper-thin reasons to join.

My suggestion: If your writers-errant can spare the effort, perhaps include "Talk" options between units for extra development (Not Supports, which I understand are hard to do)?

It seems like you tried to fit what you could between chapters, but I feel like a lot of characters are left hanging.

Granted, the same was often done in actual Fire Emblem games, but their characters weren't as blunt or as interesting as Crowe.

The tactician from Gral Sethes is so amazingly useless.

Also, I just love how everyone joins Renair's army on a whim.

Examples: Gabriel (traveling medicine show scammer), Chase (who is this guy anyways), Kanus (he's confused), Bellona (what is this I don't even), Karen (ditto), Asher (the earliest example of why is this guy with us), Inari (random sailor recruited by Balder).

Everyone else has almost paper-thin reasons to join.

My suggestion: If your writers-errant can spare the effort, perhaps include "Talk" options between units for extra development (Not Supports, which I understand are hard to do)?

It seems like you tried to fit what you could between chapters, but I feel like a lot of characters are left hanging.

Granted, the same was often done in actual Fire Emblem games, but their characters weren't as blunt or as interesting as Crowe.

He has his uses.

No, they have their reasons.

Gab: if you were paying attention to his joining convo, you'll understand why he joins.

Chase: One of those, want to adventure, but can't because he'll get murdered by himself, kind of guys.

Kanus: He joins another Aukeman leader after being separated from his, I don't see a problem with this.

Bellona: Opposing the current government.

Karen: VIllage is surrounded by unruly mercenaries.

Asher: That is intended.

Inari: It's like following your pirate leader is a bad thing.

That is going to happen at the end. Getting the story dialogue done is priority.

I have (basically) one writer.

Crowe is one of Furet's favorite characters

After playing A route: Respect to Varkade. His insight and paranoia has proven impressive. For example, he doesn't trust her (Guillame's successor), and neither do I.

I mean, that blatant talk of "so close to power graaagrh" is a dead giveaway.

Also, Everild greets Renair differently than the soul of the dead dragon as to not reveal her 'noble' last name. Is this a deliberate story choice? (lolokay, writing is sekrit)

Things I've discovered:

Killing Uther or any of his other corner pals causes cutscene (freezing) problems in Chapter 11A. This isn't possible in the regular game, of course. (Breaking the game is not good for you)

Renair's advanced palette is a horrible green vomit mess. (Renair's going to be story-promoted)

Using the Ramrivus as a "Praetorian" freezes my game. But that's understandable, because you haven't done the sprite or the palette..

Questions I have:

Will current data carry over into updated patches? Specific situation: I've already saved both of my save files (from both paths) onto the glitched Ch.19. (Yes, it will)

Are any of the recruitable units going to be path specific? (Refreshers only)

How are all of the "new" items inserted into the hack? I understand that for some items, things are just renamed and values are changed (Titanium is Silver, Bloody is Killer, Hero is Brave).

But for all those bizarre additions with effects unseen in Fire Emblems (Psn, Stl Longbow, Greatbow, Training Lnc, Nihil Katti, Venom, Gladius, Partisan, Maythunder), how are those added?

(Table expansion)

Edited by reallylongname