Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...Where are your manners?"

To be fair Saskia, your character description does include the words 'urchin' and 'unrepentant looter'. If you aren't willing to mend your ways, then take a leaf out of Crowe's book and just don't care what people think of you.

...She's not even officially in a public release yet, and she's still had a major portrait revamp? I do prefer the new one, but I can't help but look at it and think 'Amelia'.

You only get 1 playable trickster anyway.

...Chester had better promote to Rogue then, because Assassins can't steal and Saskia would automatically become the sole steal capable unit. Assuming Tricksters can steal.

This one is actually on Astra

the old one had hair that made no sense and Trickster anim has a ponytail so we gave her one

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Yeah that's what we're trying to avoid

The whole buggy rank display thing

But I'm just echoing what Astra said a while ago lol

Well, if you're using the justification of:

...and Trickster anim has a ponytail so we gave her one

...I immediately think of Karen. Same battle sprite as Melissa with highly obvious ponytail... and yet her portrait completely lacks one. Considering there's the unique 'Amelia female mage sprite' with its ridiculously long hair, and the generic short haired 'Nino female enemy mage sprite' both in play, that strikes me as a little... odd. Something to think about? (As the bottom most item on the priority list?)

Probably not even

Animations are like

Whoever wants to make edits/customs can make one and I think Amelia got the long haired one because one of our friends had a long hair magegirl lying around to start with but if there's no real need for a separate animation and nobody has an urge to make one it's not happening ever

This is not to say that Karen 100% won't get a different animation but we've no plans for it unless someone wants to donate an animation of high enough quality

Isn't there the "less religious cleric" in the FEditor animations topic? Although that one actually has clothes, so maybe that's even worse.

also

saskia.png

you can now have your second lockpicker

and all the chapters have been updated with the not level 1 enemies

oh also did i mention they're harder now too

better than my renair already, this bitch is MIIINE

Edited by Agro

i need some help with chapter 14A, are there any ways that i can kill the dragons easily

Wasn't there a certain sword that's effective against them? I think I heard it in the FEE3 video.

Also, they're hard for a reason. Why not use strategy? After all, it is fire emblem, and isn't fire emblem about strategy?

Edited by PixelmanFE

he probably wants enough damage output

then again eclipse was able to do the chapter even with shitty units

dragonpike/veritas

Veritas was the one that caused extra damage for berserk units, right? For example, the brigand?

Gabriel da bess

Also, holy fuck I can't get into this hack gameplay-wise. I feel like, after Chapter 3, the difficulty of the game just went tits up and I lost interest a few chapters later. I like the story and most of the characters, even if Renair seems a bit... eh... bitchy. Chester's a god damn beast if you feed him some kills (and considering he's, like, the only one who can double usually, it's highly recommended) and Amelia has OP magic.

visually DOF does pretty well a little iffy at times but generally alright.. game play wise its a pretty big mess. story wise id say that the first draft had unused potential.

[you better do better on this new draft eclipse or i will kill you....]

theirs defiantly potential in DOF to be a stunning knockout but... its unrefined at the moment and needs more polish.

you may now flame me to death.

get good at fire emblem games

that's all i have to say for the gameplay

it's a strategy game

a turn based one, so you have time to plan

it gets harder, don't expect it to get any easier unless the rng loves you

if someone can beat ch14 in what, 7 turns with a mediocre to screwed team, people can figure out how to not die with a good team

story, i don't see what you mean by unused potential

at all

i don't even need to address visuals

Edited by AstraLunaSol

the tough part about this game is that oftentimes you just don't have the numbers to do things the way one would in a mainline game

i honestly didn't find this hack that difficult at all; you need to learn how to manage your firepower properly

I found that the enemies were easy enough after a certain point; it helps that you kinda figure out who's good (Amelia, Chester and to an extent Ilanice & Crowe) and who sucks (everyone else, basically).

incorrect

everyone is good, the rng is the determining factor whether a unit is good or bad

you said everyone else other than those 4 suck

that is incorrect according to averages, kolbane is great, garath stays great until half of the routes, gabriel is actually better than amelia, driscoll is raven in axe mode

it is entirely rng

Well we did release a growth sheet it's in the OP lol I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally do anything to it in my dropbox

Really anyone can be used, and it's impossible to have everyone be the same level of good, and rng does apply always

ok

if i can clear 14A in 7 turns with severely-underleveled units (the control playthrough had level 20/5 units, i did it with my highest at 15/1)

this should be doable normally