Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

Women with muscle that aren't sticks? Not in Nayr's anime!

but he is right about the trim, dat bit near the middle is real blocky Dan. What up mang.

btw, this is "dat bit":

d04b5eb1f88fe113968d0baf562df51f.png?1348452028

ahhh fuck he already fixed it on skype :C

man I can't even enjoy pointin' this shit out anymore.

Hey, if you don't point it out, there's always the chance that they might not fix it completely and stuffz.

...Oh right, need something on topic: A dancer? WOO DANCER. Question: Is she gonna have a new animation, or are we gonna have Ninian!Dancer and/or Tethys!Dancer animation?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, if you don't point it out, there's always the chance that they might not fix it completely and stuffz.

...Oh right, need something on topic: A dancer? WOO DANCER. Question: Is she gonna have a new animation, or are we gonna have Ninian!Dancer and/or Tethys!Dancer animation?

Ninian's sadly because she has long hair, and graceful, and stuff like that.

dailynewroundup_zps89f3b5ad.png

whoops 6 days without an update? impossible

I go like weeks without update... :x

I can go months, maybe years without updating stuff. It's crazy but pretty cool in a way

actually no it's not don't follow my example please

Stuff is good as per the norm, Dan.

Ooooooh, a dancer. But can she use swords?

On a more serious note, things look like they're coming along pretty smoothly. My only problem with things right now, is with the trim on Nikita's (I'm assuming that's a revamped Nikita) left side (OPV). Not only the collar, but the trim next to the cleavage. But I hear that's already been taken care of, sooooooooooooooooooooooo NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Ninian's sadly because she has long hair, and graceful, and stuff like that.

Okay, just checking. Ninian does have good animation though. The question is, how will it hold up to a different palette?

Make a sword dancer guuuuiiiiiiiiiise

I totally would, but I can't sprite for crap, and even if I could, my complete and utter incompetence with Wine prevents me from getting FEditor or whatever to work on my Mac(which also prevents me from really trying anything with hacking until I can get stuff to work).

Ninian does have good animation though. The question is, how will it hold up to a different palette?

It works pretty well.

lololololololdcopydesu.

Thisishowoldmycopyis.pnglololololdcopydancerpalettedesu.png

Long hair and hair decorations. NO ONE WILL EVER NOTICE.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I really don't see how it makes any difference at all. There has never been a dancer or bard with meaningful combat potential and even if they did you would want them to dance almost all the time anyway. And if you're going to give them incredibly shitty combat, why give them combat at all?

Edited by Anouleth

I really don't see how it makes any difference at all. There has never been a dancer or bard with meaningful combat potential and even if they did you would want them to dance almost all the time anyway. And if you're going to give them incredibly shitty combat, why give them combat at all?

Well, in FE 12, Feena was good enough by level 20 to take down a dracoknight with a bamboo sword... But Staves could be a good alternative if there are no rings.

Are the Dancer/Bard getting rings orrrr.....?

Eventually.

Well, in FE 12, Feena was good enough by level 20 to take down a dracoknight with a bamboo sword... But Staves could be a good alternative if there are no rings.

Thing is, what is the point of giving dancers weapons if they can just refresh another unit that will deal more damage?

That is the key flaw with giving dancers(refreshers) weapons. And if you make them too good, what is the point of even giving them the dancing option?

instead of arguing theory why don't we pay attention to the games that did it

fe3 i can't actually think of a time that i cared

fe4 it was pointless

fe5 i forgot that lara even had swords until dan reminded me on skype

fe12 iirc she may as well not have had them

That is the key flaw with giving dancers(refreshers) weapons. And if you make them too good, what is the point of even giving them the dancing option?

the key flaw is more that the weapons will rarely come into play

even playing sub-optimally i can think of very few situations that would want the dancer to be actively fighting, and all of those i can think of some alternative

the whole point of a dancer is to move the frontline forward faster, to this end it's difficult to actually keep your dancer close to the front

ie weapons are pointless

Edited by CT075

13 also did it, and 4 did it because otherwise they couldn't use the Arena at all ever.

If you want to increase the usefulness of dancers/bards, and I'm not saying they aren't useful here, you could increase their movement to like 6 or something. That helps them keep up and move around more rather than just having to wait for boots or something.

also it gives 8 move once you get them so please and thankyou

hahaha

dancers that can attack

you guys are silly

that is just too hard to balance

Level 30 Olivia with A rank in swords.

Both of us have Kill Sword Katanas. S Support 85% chance of Dual Attack.

So balanced. You totally need to implement it in DoF.