[OUTDATED] Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

your Jet Force Gemini multiplayer hack makes a pretty awesome example

What, the one no one ever plays?

;_;

My fellow Rareware fanboys are really letting me down.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ilanice is a mad murdering maiden, Kolbane don't got shit on her (other than having the Con to use Axes)

...And there I was thinking Annelise was the go-to Peg. Knight. I mean, she can actually damage things, and doesn't come crashing to the ground if someone looks at her funny. Clearly I'm missing something here...

Edit: No, wait, don't tell me; respective joining times, Ilanice's better res (Musain!), and the Ch. 10 Master Seal. Should have thought of the speedrun players. Personally though, I prefer a nice even slew of levels and characters who don't lose half of their health in one battle. Ilanice is still level 19 (Mus.) and 17 (Ond.) for me, but Annelise generally has better survivability, and in Do5, that's what really matters.

(And I know Eclipse posted below me, but I'm not constantly bumping the thread just to comment.)

Edited by Wayward Winds

rebalancing EXP gains is fun

also Ilanice is a mad murdering maiden, Kolbane don't got shit on her (other than having the Con to use Axes)

My Ilanice never gained Speed. YMMV. The RNG is quite trollish in this game.

My Ilanice never gained Speed. YMMV. The RNG is quite trollish in this game.

my illanice never gains defense, yet my gareth keeps getting +str/spd/def and kolbane keeps getting +str/def and little speed.

...And there I was thinking Annelise was the go-to Peg. Knight. I mean, she can actually damage things, and doesn't come crashing to the ground if someone looks at her funny. Clearly I'm missing something here...

596b2d56a1a7ca11d0a11e72ff490ec9.png

Ilanice owns

Edited by Paperblade

this should show roughly where all the important things are (yes i broke the chapter but this was an extremely old build [like check the date on that vid build])

it actually isn't that bad

(for that matter this hack isn't that bad either)

Hahahahahaha.

That may be the best ROMhack ever if you don't care about gameplay.

Ilanice to Paperblade is Kolbane to me

they get pretty damn insane

I prefer Annelise personally because out of my 6 files I have only 1 good Ilanice but if RNG gets on the good side of Ilanice she has a lot more availability

and also character reasons but that's dev bias

Edit: No, wait, don't tell me; respective joining times, Ilanice's better res (Musain!), and the Ch. 10 Master Seal. Should have thought of the speedrun players. Personally though, I prefer a nice even slew of levels and characters who don't lose half of their health in one battle. Ilanice is still level 19 (Mus.) and 17 (Ond.) for me, but Annelise generally has better survivability, and in Do5, that's what really matters.

(And I know Eclipse posted below me, but I'm not constantly bumping the thread just to comment.)

She has access to the motherfucking Wing Spear.

Annelise has like... a Killing Edge.

Wait, they can both use it, can't they?

Uh...

BETTER AVAILABILITY!!!!

Edited by Agro

Dagnamit! Who let the ninjas out!? Fine, I've got the screenshots, I'll post them anyway. Why has this debate suddenly sent the thread mad with activity..?

AnneliseRanseur_zps24d8540e.png

Just to clear things up once and for all, here's Annelise using the Ranseur. That's against enemies in 'Glitch Mode' (Dragon's Gate); she normally does more damage than that.

Pegcomparison_zps92cb1cf8.png

And this is how my Peg. Knights match up. Nothing like Paperblade's Ilanice on either front, but I don't generally engage in RNG abuse (not that I'm saying he did, but I'm reasonably sure my characters are following the stat calculator fairly closely).

Seren_zps26530511.png

...Except for Seren. I think it's pretty obvious who the RNG thief is in my game...

Edited by Wayward Winds

RNG is RNG

Availability matters, but as early units go, as they have more room to let their growths kick in, they have chances of doing really fucking well or completely suck or anything in between

later units are not likely to get as screwed in stats since they have a higher baseline, but also not as likely to get blessed until much later (if at all also depending on availability)

It's basic statistics more room for randomness means more variation

Both are good units just depends on your preference really

Ilanice to Paperblade is Kolbane to me

Which is what Chester is to me. Sometimes, I wonder if they're in their own world, peeking in to ours, and playing favorites.

Writing postponed until at least the weekend, 'cause I have to draft finals for my class

...Or discussing who they'd most like to spear. I reckon that'd be one list I'm near the top of...

Seren: For the last time, I don't like dragons! Why do you keep insisting I fight them?

Bellona: As much as I appreciate the attention and the Master Seal, I am not arrow fodder!

Asher: Wait, you dropped me for Lia?

Chester: Go here, steal this, open that, get ambushed by that Swordmaster! When I find out where you live...

Ilanice and Annelise: You know, we don't appreciate this favouritism... (readies twin Ranseurs)

Wayward Winds: Eep...

Edited by Wayward Winds

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, but there's progress anyway. Just from that image we can see character portraits have been resized - Illanice is no longer a midget compared to Amelia... in fact, the only abnormal height is Annelise, who's still the tallest (which was intentional).

Just keep going at whatever pace you feel like. Quality shouldn't be rushed anyway.

saskia.png

you can now have your second lockpicker

and all the chapters have been updated with the not level 1 enemies

oh also did i mention they're harder now too

in what sense do you mean that sir? d*ck joke swing and a miss...

also are the tricksters going to work with a sword and staff dual use or are they just going to be really fast and stuff?

in what sense do you mean that sir? d*ck joke swing and a miss...

also are the tricksters going to work with a sword and staff dual use or are they just going to be really fast and stuff?

If someone gets us a proper non-buggy str/mag split we'll do sword/staff

But as is they're just fast

saskia.png

you can now have your second lockpicker

and all the chapters have been updated with the not level 1 enemies

oh also did i mention they're harder now too

That's a nice looking Trickster you got thar.

May I ask: will Saskia be treated as a prepromote, like the cataphract? Heck, does anything even promote to the Cataphract class? Just wondering.

Edited by PixelmanFE