Which characters do you dislike the most?

Anouleth

Staves are useful as hell, yeah.

Just wouldn't work for me unless there's 30 mt attached to it and I can whack people in the face player phase.

I mean, can you honestly see me, out of all people, as a staffchick (for someone other than Furet and Sakusa)? XD

Staffchicks can't make an army though.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staffchicks can't make an army though.

GBA Sages.

Enemy Phase they eat everyone. Player Phase they hea- that is to say, eat everyone.

AWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I'm talking about a hypothetical army here. Wyvern Knights (FE8 variety), Berserkers and Sages alone.

Yes.

Buuuuut I digress, so I'll just end my post as such

That's just the way I am, so deal with it.

The way I am is to question blatant, sexist stupidity. Deal with it.

Edited by Furetchen

Uh didn't complain about Micaiah, Eirika, Elincia, and other main female leads, who definitely fall under that same category of leadership.

Have you not played the games that these characters appear in, or did you just skip through their dialogue? Lyn, maybe, but Elincia...

Or are you making assumptions about their personalities based on their appearance?

Well I am~ I'd make s crap support unit. I'd probably break a healing staff over some mook's head if I'm forced to staffchick.

And that would do CRITICAL DAMAGE. And they'd die of a concussion unless they wear helmets or something.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I was talking about Nailah, but Lucia is a whole different ball game.

She is super womanly, and I like the symbolism that FE got across with the whole cutting hair, fall from classic beauty into the reality of war type thing, but god damn do I hate that bitch. Admittedly that is mostly because she sucks in-game, but also I feel like the cinematic could have taken FE to a new level. It would have been a real shocker for her to actually die (not from Rolf's bad shooting... that was a joke). I feel like they could have gone a different route there with the passion that Lucia's death could have evoked from Elincia. We could have simultaneously shown Elincia rise and actually take real command of her country ( I see armies running and screaming LUCIA at the top of their lungs), and gotten rid of a fairly useless character. But instead they went with the traditional route of heroes save the day and no one dies except the bad guys.

Admittedly, that is unrealistic and may have made the game overly-dramatic, but I feel like Elincia got the short end of the stick story-wise in RD. What was it like 5 chapters for part 2 and only 3 had Elincia or something like that?

I'd like to direct you to this wonderful story right here. The GMs arrive late so Lucia dies, and everything changes from that. There's also quite a bit of deaths, I suggest that you read this.

Edited by Origin

That's...kinda sexist.

You don't see us chicks hatin' on Gonzo because he ain't attractive. Feck, 'm a sucker for bishies and I find Gonzo quite likeable as a character, discounting my footaxe bias.

Hell, a quarter of the dudes ain't attractive in the series and nobody is bothered by that, but no, a woman has to be attractive to be worth something. I see how that is.

/rant

Eh. It's not just that I find Vaida ugly, but I really don't like her personality either, or her as a unit =/

I actually liked Vaida as a character. Shes a bit confused be realizes that its all for Bern. Her loyalty is Bern and she joins the heroes to save Bern. I kinda like that. Sure she may not be like really girly but who cares?

I think i would have been pretty angry if they actually killed off Lucia. Shes another one i like for her character.

Have you not played the games that these characters appear in, or did you just skip through their dialogue? Lyn, maybe, but Elincia...

Or are you making assumptions about their personalities based on their appearance?

First three names that popped into head when I thought of "woman commander."

Looking back it might have been better to think of characters who weren't necessarily commanders, but were assertive and strong willed, like Marisa or Tanith.

I just don't find really short hair, dark red lipstick and a scar on half of the face attractive. But that's just me.

Short hair and lipstick are down to preferenced, but next you'll be saying Legault is ugly because he has a scar, or Deick is ugly because of all his scars.

Edited by Haze

Short hair and lipstick are down to preferenced, but next you'll be saying Legault is ugly because he has a scar, or Deick is ugly because of all his scars.

Dieck is ugly.

Legault gets away with his scar, he's like, legault, black fang assasinator, it suits him.

Dieck is still ugly. Ogma isn't, he was a gladiator. And scar himself isn't in fire emblem.

FE6:

Ellen: So bland

Lugh: Sickeningly sweet, Ray's reaction seems more realistic.

Lalum: She does exotic dances for guys even though she's like engaged to Elphin what the shit

FE7:

Nino: The sickening sweetness again bleck

Lowen: Just really dull, too many cooking talks

FE8:

Neimi: No crybabies on the battlefield

Natasha: Boring healer strikes again

Ewan: Stuck up hyperactive prick

FE 9/10:

Aran: So boring

Laura: Man, IS sure loves to make bland healer chicks

Giffca: Never really does anything

FE6:

Ellen: So bland

Lugh: Sickeningly sweet, Ray's reaction seems more realistic.

Lalum: She does exotic dances for guys even though she's like engaged to Elphin what the shit

FE7:

Nino: The sickening sweetness again bleck

Lowen: Just really dull, too many cooking talks

FE8:

Neimi: No crybabies on the battlefield

Natasha: Boring healer strikes again

Ewan: Stuck up hyperactive prick

FE 9/10:

Aran: So boring

Laura: Man, IS sure loves to make bland healer chicks

Giffca: Never really does anything

Personally, I think the male healers are no better in terms of NOT being bland... And Ray's personality makes me sick.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Honestly? I shouldn't have to explain myself to you especially since I'm hardly in the mood to argue right now. It's just that Vaida's scar in combination with her short hair and lipstick make her... less than pleasing to the eye to me.

Edited by Tiki's Pet Pikachu

Dieck is still ugly. Ogma isn't, he was a gladiator. And scar himself isn't in fire emblem.

... ... ... what?

Personally, I think the male healers are no better in terms of NOT being bland... And Ray's personality makes me sick.

Saul. Renault. In terms of prepromoted Sages...the sages. Literally all of 'em, 'cept maybe Wendell. Etzel's interesting.

Honestly? I shouldn't have to explain myself to you especially since I'm hardly in the mood to argue right now. It's just that Vaida's scar in combination with her short hair and lipstick make her... less than pleasing to the eye to me.

Okay. Sure, she's no beauty queen. This matters why, exactly?

Saul. Renault. In terms of prepromoted Sages...the sages. Literally all of 'em, 'cept maybe Wendell. Etzel's interesting.

Bold: I'm mainly thinking of characters in healing classes.

At any rate, I don't see either Renault or Saul as that interesting.

Okay. Sure, she's no beauty queen. This matters why, exactly?

Seriously what do you hope to achieve by being contrarian? I've explained everything in a previous post anyway and I sure as hell am not obliged to... y'know what, just screw it. I've already got a verbal under my belt, I'm stuck going to a college that's at best my second choice and I'm struggling to pass a course and I'm about ready to explode right now. Just, for the love of god, drop it.

Bold: I'm mainly thinking of characters in healing classes.

At any rate, I don't see either Renault or Saul as that interesting.

That's why I classified those with healing as a secondary function seperately~

Well, that's fair enough. And guys like Rhys, Wrys and Wendell...

Seriously what do you hope to achieve by being contrarian? I've explained everything in a previous post anyway and I sure as hell am not obliged to... y'know what, just screw it. I've already got a verbal under my belt, I'm stuck going to a college that's at best my second choice and I'm struggling to pass a course and I'm about ready to explode right now. Just, for the love of god, drop it.

Your aggression isn't helping here. You sound like you need some Seneca. Anyway, whatever. If you can't give a satisfactory answer to ever-so-simple questions...

That's why I classified those with healing as a secondary function seperately~

Well, that's fair enough. And guys like Rhys, Wrys and Wendell...

EDIT: ...Nevermind.

Edited by Metal King Slime