Which characters do you dislike the most?

Anouleth

True, male healers tend to fall into similar personality types sometimes (Saul and Renault not as much).

And Dieck ugly? He's pretty rugged sure, but he's not ugly or else I would complain more about his lack of shirt.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dieck is ugly.

Legault gets away with his scar, he's like, legault, black fang assasinator, it suits him.

Dieck is still ugly. Ogma isn't, he was a gladiator. And scar himself isn't in fire emblem.

Bullshit. Dieck is sexy and I'd tap him.

True, male healers tend to fall into similar personality types sometimes (Saul and Renault not as much).

And yet you couldn't be bothered to say a word about that... I wonder why.

Good god, it's taking me whatever self-discipline I have to not just boil over on you. Do you live to put people down? Is that how it is?

I merely seek answers. I was almost content, if somewhat disappointed to let them go unanswered. It's not ME that keeps bringing this up, and it's not ME that's throwing the insults here.

I merely seek answers. I was almost content, if somewhat disappointed to let them go unanswered. It's not ME that keeps bringing this up, and it's not ME that's throwing the insults here.

What? You're the one who asked me if I couldn't answer a simple question and said that I needed to take some Seneca, whatever that is. Why can't you, y'know, leave me alone for once?

What? You're the one who asked me if I couldn't answer a simple question and said that I needed to take some Seneca, whatever that is. Why can't you, y'know, leave me alone for once?

Seneca is a Stoic philosopher, whose teachings might help you ease up...you didn't seem the hedonistic type. And if you want me to leave you alone, maybe don't ask me questions? Maybe drop it two posts ago? And yes, I think I'm fairly justified in saying 'It's because of who I am' is an inadequate reason. One I'm content to take, but am I such a villain for questioning?

Seneca is a Stoic philosopher, whose teachings might help you ease up...you didn't seem the hedonistic type. And if you want me to leave you alone, maybe don't ask me questions? Maybe drop it two posts ago? And yes, I think I'm fairly justified in saying 'It's because of who I am' is an inadequate reason. One I'm content to take, but am I such a villain for questioning?

You're not a villain for questioning, you're a villain for being intentionally rude and spiteful. You seem to want the last word even after people have said back off. I gave up a while ago (even when you intentionally changed someone else's quote to my name) because I figured this out, but I'm not going to stand by while you egg this guy on. So he doesn't like Vaida because he thinks she's ugly. So what? That's his perogative , he has a right to an opinion even if you think its flawed. You don't have to continue to poke holes in his theories just to prove you're smarter. This entire topic is based on opinions, and if you can't handle other peoples opinions being different than your own, then you are close-minded.

And the same goes for Tiki's fanboy person, if he believes differently than you, just accept it. Sometimes even parts of angry rants have some truth in them, and it may be not entirely fair to base your entire hatred of a character on an appearance (though I am guilty of doing this all the time). Maybe if you took the time to play with Vaida you might find she is not so bad, even with the less than perfect complexion (though honestly she is kind of a bossy lady who orders my man Canas around too much).

And back to topic, I kind of wonder who would win in a generic character competition, Wil or Lowen?

Except there are those female characters are judged on their appearances far more than the men. A man is not a bishie, okay. Is he super manly? is he badass? Is he good at fighting? Does he have a cool beard? Is he funny? A lot these criteria can bypass attractiveness. Female characters? Is she hot? If she's not... she's considered worthless and is hated. What kind of fucking double standard is this?

You're not a villain for questioning, you're a villain for being intentionally rude and spiteful. You seem to want the last word even after people have said back off. I gave up a while ago because I figured this out, but I'm not going to stand by while you egg this guy on. So he doesn't like Vaida because he thinks she's ugly. So what? That's his perogative , he has a right to an opinion even if you think its flawed. You don't have to continue to poke holes in his theories just to prove you're smarter. This entire topic is based on opinions, and if you can't handle other peoples opinions being different than your own, then you are close-minded.

If he wants to back off, then he can back the fuck off. Why does he continually ask me questions while claiming to end it there? Why does he goad me into answering? Do you hang up after you bellow questions down the phone-line? Fuck, I got all the time in the world. If the little bitch wants to play rough, let him go ahead. If he wants to flaunt his blatantly sexist opinion, okay, I feel justified in wanting some reason behind it. I can handle many things in the world, but wilful ignorance is not one of them.

(even when you intentionally changed someone else's quote to my name)
I hit reply on your post, then decided I wanted to reply to Lumi's. It's not like I threw a brick through your window or anything. Edited by Furetchen

I agree with Lumi. Double standards. :/ Im not a fan of how Boyd looks but i think hes cool anyway. Leo is total bishie but i dont like him very much and it has nothing to do with his looks. Mia is cute as a button but i really dont like her. But really what it all boils down to is, its just all opinion and one needs to just step back, take a deep breath, and fricking relax. Everyone around here argues at the drop of a hat over the silliest stuff.

If he wants to back off, then he can back the fuck off. Why does he continually ask me questions while claiming to end it there? Why does he goad me into answering? Do you hang up after you bellow questions down the phone-line? Fuck, I got all the time in the world. If the little bitch wants to play rough, let him go ahead. If he wants to flaunt his blatantly sexist opinion, okay, I feel justified in wanting some reason behind it. I can handle many things in the world, but wilful ignorance is not one of them.

I hit reply on your post, then decided I wanted to reply to Lumi's. It's not like I threw a brick through your window or anything.

Okay the reply thing was an honest mistake then, and thanks for clearing that up.

Sexism is really sucky, but it totally happens all the time in a patriarchal world. Ever noticed that every single laundry commercial has some mom cleaning her son's dirty sports clothes? Or how alcohol commercials always have the "bro's" out for a beer? Admittedly these are just seeds in the mind that cause sexism, and need to be dwelled on to become full blown sexism.

He does build a house of straw when his only opinion is based off of sexism, but its still a house. He can have all the blatantly sexist opinions in the world, and doesn't need a reason for justification. If he's not taking the time to find out why Vaida acts like a bitch, and rather wants to base his opinion on how she looks like a foot, so be it, we're not going to change it. Be as angry as you want, you aren't going to change him, he's too far gone, and all the kicking and screaming will only push him further away. Instead I would suggest going and teaching impressionable children that those commercials are biased, as they still have a chance of being taught what is right.

Also this took me a while to write and I really wish we could just talk about how we hate characters.

Let's not derail this topic with discussions of sexism; if you're really burning up to continue it, take it to PM or make a new topic for it elsewhere. And let's all calm down a bit and continue discussing normally.

Let's not derail this topic with discussions of sexism; if you're really burning up to continue it, take it to PM or make a new topic for it elsewhere. And let's all calm down a bit and continue discussing normally.

I don't have any objections. In fact, I think it's funny.

I hate Canas. Don't get me wrong, I like his character, and his design is lolawesome, but he's the only dark magic user you get in FE7 (other than Athos), and he's so damn mediocre, unless I'm playing normal mode, I don't want to use him D:

It kinda sucks.

Edited by seph1212

I hate Canas. Don't get me wrong, I like his character, and his design is lolawesome, but he's the only dark magic user you get in FE7 (other than Athos), and he's so damn mediocre, unless I'm playing normal mode, I don't want to use him D:

It kinda sucks.

:( I.... I love him...

On a related note (support wise), Bartre is a complete meat-head. I can't stand listening to his dumb speech. But Canas and his supports are hilarious.

Someone told me something funny, which I can't post. . .oh, well. I laugh.

Forgot someone:

Cath - You are too much effort for a mediocre, self-entitled unit.

It kinda sucks.

Awww. Canas is winnar. I can understand though. he can be an asspain to level but man does it pay off. I dont use him very often myself. I dont use a lot of magic users in that game unless their names are Serra and Priscilla.

Cath - You are too much effort for a mediocre, self-entitled unit.

You take that back! You shall die in the name of Cath!

Not really. Fanboyism talking.

Also Dieck is pretty schmexy.

I'm tempted to hate Lilina, partly because her personality is extremely generic like Lugh's but she's also the designated love interest and her slobbering fanboys ranting about how "LILINA IS PWN!" just gets on my nerves. I know it's unfair.

I apologize if I've offended you! We've all got different tastes!! :):

Also Dieck is pretty schmexy.

I'm tempted to hate Lilina, partly because her personality is extremely generic like Lugh's but she's also the designated love interest and her slobbering fanboys ranting about how "LILINA IS PWN!" just gets on my nerves. I know it's unfair.

LOL :lol:

And yet you couldn't be bothered to say a word about that... I wonder why.

Rhys is the only "generic" male healer I can think of at the moment (I've only played 6-10), and eh his supports are kind of funny at least.

Rhys is the only "generic" male healer I can think of at the moment (I've only played 6-10), and eh his supports are kind of funny at least.

Moulder is generic enough, no?

Well, on topic:

Nino - The designers worked too hard to make people feel sorry for her.

Serra - self explanatory.

Edward, Ross, and Boyd - Please just shut up, calm down, and use your brains.

Seth - He just lacks personality. People say Kent lacks personality, well, Seth acts just like Kent except for being even more generic.

Gatrie and Sain - I know you guys have personality besides just hitting on girls and following Kent/Shinon around, please show it.

Nyna - Spoiled, self-centered, immature, useless nuisance.

Est - Abel is too good for you.

Joshua - Because I hate cheaters.

Ike - He seems like a Gary Stu. And he's a moron. Otherwise, I don't even know why I dislike him.

Edited by Kay