The Road to Ruin [Complete] [v3.0.3 Released!]

Primefusion

FEE3 begins today and so does the next installment of TRTR.

Here's v0.3. I hope you all enjoy. Remember to check out the README and the Release Info since I've added a number of things to both files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while since I last updated since I've been slowly working on some stuff. I've decided to give this project a huge revamp and hopefully make it that much better. For now here's this little teaser screen:

BuckInAction.png

There's a couple things to notice in this screenshot.

1) New weapon icons. I've spent a lot of time over the last few days making new icons for weapons and spells. Here's the entire sheet in a spoiler:

zCustomIcons.png

I really hate that hammer icon =/ Time to redo it.

As you can see I've got it all organized and what not. But there's room for more weapons. This is where you come in! I'd like to hear your suggestions about any new weapons you'd like to see implemented. I'm specifically looking for a few suggestions.

1. New "gimmick" lance and bow weapons. Currently the Wo Dao and the Devil Axe are the gimmick weapons for swords and axes.

2. New slayer lance and bow weapons. Currently the Wyrmslayer and the Swordslayer are the slayer weapons for swords and axes.

3. Anything else.

2) The other thing to notice in the screenshot is a new playable character. Buck is your new starting archer and has an excellent portrait made by my friend Yoshirider to go with him. But Yoshi doesn't sprite too much anymore and I don't want to prod him too much.

This is where my selfish request comes in. I am in need of a completely new cast of characters for TRTR as part of my "beautification project." Now I'm not a very good spriter so I can't do this alone and would really appreciate the help. I'm looking for some well-made portraits to take this hack to the next level. If you'd like to help I would love you long time :3

I'm not too picky about quality but I also don't want portraits to hold this project back. So, if you're a pretty solid spriter let's talk!

Put up a Defense Sword, have it grant something like +8 defense while equipped, make it a tad weak. It can be fun for some players to use it as a good lure.

And don't wait on mugshots to continue work, just use placeholders or wait it out. Project usually stall when their authors feel like waiting out something or some feature.

Put up a Defense Sword, have it grant something like +8 defense while equipped, make it a tad weak. It can be fun for some players to use it as a good lure.

And don't wait on mugshots to continue work, just use placeholders or wait it out. Project usually stall when their authors feel like waiting out something or some feature.

Defense Sword, I like it. Though no more swords after this. They always get all the love. =/

Don't worry I'm not "waiting" for mugs. I'm still going to progress on this project. Mugs will be added as they come in (If any =( ).

Edited by Primefusion

Maybe you should make some generic modifiers then, like artifacts which don't raise stats, but raise a stat while it's in inventory. These can also give effectivity bonuses of various sorts too.

And turn Nini's Grace into a Party Hat

Maybe you should make some generic modifiers then, like artifacts which don't raise stats, but raise a stat while it's in inventory. These can also give effectivity bonuses of various sorts too.

As far as I know, there's no way to implement this in a GBAFE game without some ASM. inb4hehassomeJapanesedoconit

That being said, it would totally be fucking awesome.

Flametounge has these attributes, and I don't remember it being classified as a weapon in FE7 :E At least, I don't remember a Fire Dragon having it equipped.

make them like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. artifacts goddamn please

Yes, the dragonstone is an equip-able item. Some codebreaker codes revealed that pretty quick. I did get a funny out of it though:

255cd9bfb640e398fa435578fcf62f96.png

Looks like we've got some Ingrish :3

SRkck.png

Eliwood mode activate!

KpXJB.png

Supports, I choose you!

Though is there some special trick to getting the support convos to display? Right now the text gets skipped and the characters just go up in support rank.

Well, this goes without saying but check the support modules and the text ID mentioned in said modules using FEditor Adv. XP I'm guessing it's something obvious... :O

What's with the Eliwood Mode screen background? Looks kinda weird.

Oh, just realized that some other people mentioned checking the modules. Whoops.

Well, everything in general looks good, so keep up the work, and good luck with your revamp. Almost everyone tends to have a revamp at some point... that's why no one ever finishes their hacks, just make incomplete ones

d76139ff82ed67384891ecb3c9130fc3.png

I think I was just spacing off when I did the Nightmare stuff *Shrugs*

You folks also get to see Buck smile.gif

Edit: Lol typo in placeholder text.

Edited by Primefusion

• 2 weeks later...

What's this? An update? Ya, it's been a while. Anyway, I've been revamping the Prologue, as seen by this screen:

Hwe6p.png

But that's not all! Generic enemies also get new battle palettes!

Kznhd.png

wa5ZX.png

oxhB6.png

D1nxL.png

Unfortunately, this poor bloke still dies within the first 10 seconds of the chapter =/

Isn't every enemy? Or does it say in the original FE7 text somewhere that Laus's color is red? (I'm asking a genuine question, not trying to be an ass. Sorry if it came off that way.)