eclipse will make your eyes bleed

eclipse

After several games of FETO, I have come to the conclusion that I can splice better than most of their defaults. Therefore, I'll put my random team in here, and you guys can tell me just how bad it is. If you feel like pointing out something that's wrong, please try to be specific. There's still a lot of things I can't see.

Araimo the Lunar Knight:

DJAQp.png

Bell Pepper the weathered Scout Lord:

O3m9M.png

Burdock the Work in Progress (Wyvern Rider):

1opaB.pngXHI4a.png

Carrot the Adept Mage Knight:

37a5Z.png

Cauliflower the Bishop:

N4OIJ.png

Chestnut the Curate Protector:

JPvY1.png

Dill the Missionary:

YlYcP.png

Mint the Mage Sage:

I1WMa.png

String Bean the Wraith:

Bzlb1.png

Edited by eclipse

...wow.

These are a lot nicer than a lot of the ones I have sitting on my computer right now.

That's not to say they can't be made better, but I'll leave the critiquing to the more experienced spriters.

Well, you don't suck.

The first and third are decent splices, but the hair shading on the second... Well, it kinda makes no sense at all. It looks like you used Sain's hair and edited it, but I think you should just put Sain's hair back there o ~ o

But Mekkah, your sprites at FETO are AWESOME! Better than any sprites that I have seen before!

cool.gif

After several games of FETO, I have come to the conclusion that I can splice better than most of their defaults.

Yes, that is sad... especially when there's pretty much good mugs that SaS didn't ever put into game <_ <

Two sprites. One is Burdock the Second (which should be tons better). There's something horribly wrong with the second one, but I don't know how to fix it.

Burdock the Second:

XHI4a.png

HALP!!!

k48Zq.png

EDIT: Forgot someone. Introducing Chestnut the Curate:

JPvY1.png

Last one, I swear! Bell Pepper the weathered Scout Lord:

O3m9M.png

Edited by eclipse

• 4 weeks later...

For Mint, the hair that falls over the cloak should be behind it. The cloak shading is also screwy. The contrast is too much between the lightest shade and the darker shades.

For the Vanessa/Amelia splice, the only real issue is that the neck is too long. You can afford to move the body up a pixel or two.

For Bell Pepper there's no hair shading where the hair meets the head on his right. The forehead near the hairline is also awkwardly shaded and doesn't need that much of the second shade.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks and thanks! Now, a couple of questions. . .

1. Given that Amelia/Vanessa splice, I have no idea how to move the body without completely wrecking the thing. Any ideas?

2. I got Bell Pepper's head, but I'm not sure what you mean by lack of shading on the right.

So, fixes~!

1. Mint - I think I got the hair, made the cloak a tad darker.

ME5xg.png

2. Bell Pepper - Did something about his forehead, and a random stray pixel.

hnbx5.png

I need to get around to splicing some of my ladies.

• 3 months later...

How not to shade on the right side:

N4OIJ.png

That's Cauliflower, my Bishop. I'm still trying to decide if it's male or female.

EDIT: POLL TIME!

Edited by Clipseykitty

Eclipse I think you've managed to make to most androgynous mug ever. I'll say female, mainly because of the neck, but it's nigh impossible to call.

I have no idea how I wound up with, uh, this, seeing as all the parts came from ladies.

If they look like a girl, they're probably a guy. So male.

If I was a really good artist, I'd totally draw a chick that looks like a bishie. :P:

EDIT: THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO'S VOTED SO FAR~!

Edited by Clipseykitty

I think Couliflower looks like a guy mainly because of where the eyes are on his face/how small the eyes are/how long the jaw is. Also, I think his neck looks insanely skinny (like he's been starved or something) but still masculine (probably because of its length in proportion ot his head.) So yeah, dude trying to pass off as a chick and get some food for once. It worked (mostly) for Illyana, after all!

Almost reminds me of when I mistook Ribbons Almark for a short haired girl.

By the way, there's this area(chin) on the left side of Cauliflower's face(our left, their right). It looks like the hair is supposed to come out further than the jaw down but still running parallel to it, but the way it's colored, it just looks like more jaw. I don't know if that's supposed to be skin or hair but right now it doesn't look quite right.

I like em' all. Well Cauliflower is my personal favorite, since I love how the people find it so trap-tastic!

Nice splices, I must say; right from the start! And definitely way better than what I usually end up with.