Real World Mug Contest

Claude C Kenny

This contest is going to be a rather simple one using an idea that i've yet to really see in hacks or in general. The idea is to sprite any person from the real world, using whatever tools, methods, or references you may need. The contest will last 2 weeks unless you think it should be longer. The rules are as follows:

* You can use anything you need to make your mug.

* It must be someone that we can at least do a search for if we're not familiar with them.

* No 2 people can be working on the same mug. Decide amongst yourselves who will work on who. If you don't want to reveal it here yet, PM.

* No color limit.

* You do not need to make talking/blinking frames or chibis, as these won't earn any bonus of some sort.

* Full body portraits are allowed.

* Any and all accessories are allowed.

Um, I can't think of anything else, this is my first contest, after all. If you need anything explained, or think something should be added, feel free to post it. carry on!

Deadline: June 17th

Edited by Valmanway

This contest is going to be a rather simple one using an idea that i've yet to really see in hacks or in general.

You haven't been around much, have you? It's been done plenty of times before.

That being said, I don't have anyone in particular in mind, but if someone wants to throw me suggestions, I might try it.

...It's a pity we can't submit it, but

AlasNotJayson.png

JaysonWerth!General Guy is still worth posting. But yeah, both Lumi and myself worked on it, plus...lolarmour. So yeah. Can't submit.

I still say the resemblance is uncanny.

Edited by Furetchen

...It's a pity we can't submit it, but

AlasNotJayson.png

JaysonWerth!General Guy is still worth posting. But yeah, both Lumi and myself worked on it, plus...lolarmour. So yeah. Can't submit.

I still say the resemblance is uncanny.

You mean that guy who I said your ref looks like?

Aaaaaaaaaaannd I'm sick of working on this.

GeddyLee1.png

Well, there you go, Geddy Lee.

EDIT: Just realized the neck's all messed up. I'll fix that later

Edited by Maklo

Maybe I could try my avi... Not sure though I'll have to see how manageable that will be for me cause every time I try making a real world person they never really have the correct hairstyles for me. =/

I'm doing Geddy Lee.

@Jealousy: Do Jesus. Seriously, he'd fit right in FE.

Aaaaaaaaaaannd I'm sick of working on this.

GeddyLee1.png

Well, there you go, Geddy Lee.

EDIT: Just realized the neck's all messed up. I'll fix that later

Omg.

I made Neil Peart for someone like ages ago!

neilpeart1.gif

(no im not submitting that)

Ahahahahahahaha

Anyway. Not sure who ill do. I might do Lady Gaga or something. Who knows.

OMG Gaga. Her outfits are, like, the bitchiest things ever.

I could probably just edit one of my older mugs and make a nice Gaga out of it, actually, but that'd be cheating.

Righto, then. Will consider making Jesus. Any other suggestions?

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

OMG Gaga. Her outfits are, like, the bitchiest things ever.

I could probably just edit one of my older mugs and make a nice Gaga out of it, actually, but that'd be cheating.

Righto, then. Will consider making Jesus. Any other suggestions?

I know right? I may not do her. I dont know who to do yet. :B Her hair is also pretty assy to try to sprite because it changes so much and is so out there.

This actually sounds like a lot of fun. Is there a size limit?

As of right now, I might enter with Jon Stewart. Although now I'm tempted to do a fullbody Dr. Frank-N-Furter if there's no size limit...

I'm actually stumped as to whether or not I should allow full body portraits. I do know that I am changing one rule. A person can have armor and such if they have ever worn it in a movie or TV show. So if anyone does the guy from 300 (forgot his name), you can use armor.

Edited by Valmanway

I think you should allow fullbodies and the like. I mean, if someone's going to go through the trouble of doing all that work, they should be allowed to post it, no?

and I think that being a little lenient on the 16 color limit rule would be nice.