So I went to hang out with some friends yesterday...

Proof. I requires it.

When you are first conceived in the womb, I'm pretty sure you start as a guy so to speak, and then lose your penis if the genetics code you for a girl. This might be an argument for age = gender.

Or one could argue that, on a species level, humanity is, evolutionarily, moving towards the point of having only women (how incredibly stupid, evolutionarily, to decrease versatility btw, even if women are superior) due to the deterioration of the Y chromosome. I have no idea if further research has been done regarding this. Therefore, as a whole, as humanity ages - not as individuals age - they become women. Perhaps.

Of course, questions about gender are more complex than this...I never really studied gender in college, hopefully some people with a background in it will chime in. Not to mention whining like bitches about how gender isn't sex or something like that.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are first conceived in the womb, I'm pretty sure you start as a guy so to speak, and then lose your penis if the genetics code you for a girl. This might be an argument for age = gender.

False, you start as a woman. Thats the reason why we have nipples.

Or one could argue that, on a species level, humanity is, evolutionarily, moving towards the point of having only women (how incredibly stupid, evolutionarily, to decrease versatility btw, even if women are superior) due to the deterioration of the Y chromosome. I have no idea if further research has been done regarding this. Therefore, as a whole, as humanity ages - not as individuals age - they become women. Perhaps.

Is that truly happening :o: How would they have kids though -_-... Nature fail.

which is why feminism FAILS!

MALE POWER! MAKE US SANDWICHES!

That post makes no sense whatsoever as a reply to my post.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

So I went to hang out with some friends

If you're from Bridgend why didn't you post in the Wales thread a few weeks ago.

Which they aren't, they're precisely equal. Saying one gender's better is sexism, whichever way it goes.

Of course, questions about gender are more complex than this...I never really studied gender in college, hopefully some people with a background in it will chime in. Not to mention whining like bitches about how gender isn't sex or something like that.

Nah, they're pretty simple really, people just make it really complicated for imcomprehensible reasons sometimes.

How did we get onto this anyway? First it was beards, then gayness, then crossdressing, now it's gender issues?!

False, you start as a woman. Thats the reason why we have nipples.

Oh then nipples, regardless of their lactation or surrounding by breasts, mark a woman?

Which they aren't, they're precisely equal. Saying one gender's better is sexism, whichever way it goes.

Is it not true that women have different proportions to better suit themselves for childbirth?

Now, if we are divorcing our arguments from biological differences, THEN I would potentially agree with you, but I don't really know to what extent those arguments do range.

Nah, they're pretty simple really, people just make it really complicated for imcomprehensible reasons sometimes.

How did we get onto this anyway? First it was beards, then gayness, then crossdressing, now it's gender issues?!

You do realize we are in far from the forest, right?

Severian, your logic sucks.

mUsT BE DoiNGZ an imprezzzzens of ur mum PMSL!!111

lollercoaster1.gif

Edited by mikethfc

Oh then nipples, regardless of their lactation or surrounding by breasts, mark a woman?

Never did say that. But tell me, what use do males have for nipples, if a fetus does indeed start out as a male? None.

The answer is that as embryos men and women have similar tissues and body parts. If anything the embryo follows a 'female template'. That is why nipples are present in both sexes. It is the effect of the genes, the Y chromosome and the hormone testosterone that brings about the changes and masculinises the embryo. Testosterone promotes the growth of the penis and testicles. Because nipples are there before this process begins the nipples stay!

Taken from: http://menshealth.about.com/od/conditions/a/Nipples_Men.htm

Maybe my AP bio class info was wrong. It totally is possible, it's just that it's a conflict between sources, both of which I find reasonably trustworthy.

The answer is that as embryos men and women have similar tissues and body parts. If anything the embryo follows a 'female template'. That is why nipples are present in both sexes. It is the effect of the genes, the Y chromosome and the hormone testosterone that brings about the changes and masculinises the embryo. Testosterone promotes the growth of the penis and testicles. Because nipples are there before this process begins the nipples stay!

I would consider the lower genitals, which stimulate reproduction, more "essential" to determining gender than the upper ones. (for example, flat chest girl is still girl)

I remember discussing this in my Anatomy and Physiology class too. Jhen is right.

Right, because since biology you and Jhen learned privileges gender as being determined by the upper and not lower genitalia, that means I should listen to you? I don't understand your reasoning!

It is like the old jewish tale. 4 guys, probably rabbis are in an argument. Skip part of the story. It's 3v1. The guy who is 1 asks god to give a sign he is right. The heavens part, a booming voice yells "he's right". Then one of the guys says, "now it is 3v2".

And I don't believe in majorities.

Right, because since biology you and Jhen learned privileges gender as being determined by the upper and not lower genitalia, that means I should listen to you? I don't understand your reasoning!

Hey, hey, I'm not saying that i'm right and neither am i saying that everyone is female simply because they have nipples >:[. I'm merely stating that we start out as following a female format, util testosteron kicks in. Sheesh, did you even read the quote?

So it's not female following male?....... Are we superior? =o

I'm not sure anyone suggested that in this situaiton, the one who comes first would be the one that is superior, though I did suggest women might be superior without any argument (simply airing that viewpoint to see if any would aruge one way or another).