Fire Emblem 12 ~Heroes~ Translation Project

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would keep in mind that Banzai is not the sole authority on what qualifies as good writing or not. If you rewrite something and and most people think it's adequate, then go with it. The project should not revolve around one person's personal opinion.

Technically he did say it was adequate...it's just that I want to do something that's more than "adequate". Plus, he's the only one who has commented on it so far besides Luffy, who basically stated that he doesn't care at all.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Male-Chris supports. It sounds more like she's romanticizing an image of Marth. Not wanting to fuck him.

I think Arch was just exaggerating. Point is as we can see is Malicia fantasizing about Marth.

that says marisa

That it does. Some people are trying to read it as Malicia apparently >.>

Does it? I can see how Malicia fits actually (unless I'm wrong with it's pronunciation, English isn't my first language). It can't be Marisa due to 'リー' and 'シア'.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Technically he did say it was adequate...it's just that I want to do something that's more than "adequate". Plus, he's the only one who has commented on it so far besides Luffy, who basically stated that he doesn't care at all.

You act like General Banzai's opinion means something...

You act like General Banzai's opinion means something...

Has he done anything to make himself seem unworthy of critiquing someones dialouge? There was that one time he talked of all the "adverbs" in my second draft, even though I could only find two, but other than that, he seems to more or less know what he's talking about.

Edited by FionordeQuester

I think Arch was just exaggerating. Point is as we can see is Malicia fantasizing about Marth.

Romanticizing being whisked away into a grand war with a heroic leader does not equate to fantasizing about Marth. It's an entire scenario she's in love with, with Marth simply being the instigator. She doesn't pursue him, but an ideal which concentrates on his role, rather than person.

t can't be Marisa due to 'リー' and 'シア'.

Oh god, I love how Mariesa sounds now.

There's already a Marisa AND a Maris, neither of whom have anything to do with her.

Celice, you want to make those supports in that vein, you want Malliesia back, you want Lawrence to reign in Grust again, then you can go ahead and make your own patch. But I don't recall seeing you on the staff lists, as much as that appears to be the meat of your wet dreams of late.

Edited by Furekitty

It'd be nice if there wasn't needless exageration which makes-things-up.

I only just skimmed it very quickly, but from what I can tell she gets caught up romanticizing the idea of getting married, kissing, and then some playful hints at what lies beyond that. Nothing explicit or anything, though. She strikes me as a well-off but ditzy daydreamer. Maybe someone with more time can give you more details than that though, sorry I can't help much beyond that.

The lovely Tomato took a look and pretty much read the same thing I did. A couple others did as well. This makes Arch's interpretation of the character a bit contorted wonky, if he's the only one who's translated the conversation as being centered on Marth, not the ideality of it all.

Huh?

Ma-ree-si-a. I missed the 'ア' when you pointed out the emphasized 'シ'

There's already a Marisa AND a Maris, neither of whom have anything to do with her.

So?

as much as that appears to be the meat of your wet dreams of late.

ha haaaaaaa. You swoon me

Edited by Celice

Ma-ree-si-a. I missed the 'ア' when you pointed out the emphasized 'シ'

Um, okay, but what it had to with your statement of liking the sound of Mariesa?

Unless that was sarcasm, but that would still leave me wondering then of your agreeing on that Marisa comment.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Celice, you want to make those supports in that vein, you want Malliesia back, you want Lawrence to reign in Grust again, then you can go ahead and make your own patch. But I don't recall seeing you on the staff lists, as much as that appears to be the meat of your wet dreams of late.

What's wrong with Lawrence instead of Lorenz?

Okay, so...

You really don't think it's Malicia or similar-spelled?

As I said, bumped off the 'ア' when paid attention to the one before it. But I'd read it as Melissa then. Mais mon japonaise n'est pas très bien.

Ah, I get it now. Heh, mine isn't good either. I only know my way with reading it and Romanji stuff, with occasional understanding of words. :lol:

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh yeah that is a shi. Still, it's not Male or wtfe.

Also Maricia makes more sense than Malicia. FE makes up a lot of shit but sometimes I wonder if the weird ass names are only as weird as they are from shitty localization.

You could still say "Marisa" and sound pretty damn close; I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they meant.

but here's a better idea

FE is stupid so don't worry about it (unless you're going to type マリーシア as Male)

You could still say "Marisa" and sound pretty damn close; I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they meant.

Except that if they were meaning Marisa, the name would've been something like マリサ, rather than マリーシア.

There's been a couple wonky spellings of names in IS's book. It's not like it couldn't happen. It's a real mistake when it's a Japanese-based name that doesn't look spelled right. Foreign names, though, aren't always so simple to figure out a conversion for for some people. Overlapping qualities are neither endorsed nor avoided. If it seems good, it gets put in.

Unlikely. IS tries to avoid name duplication, even if at times it's a bit of a stretch (such as Aran/Arran).

No, they have no problem reusing similar-names. It's just not something they do all the time. Separately, even so, Marisa isn't a similar name originally--FE8 was Marica/Marika, which was localized into Marisa. FE9/10 Marcia wasn't quite Marcia (マーシャ) (ish). Just as a bit of info.

Mareesha

The 'shi' isn't a literal 'shi' at times when used in loan words, though. Malleisia pretty much pulled a proper pronunciation of it, for what its worth.

Edited by Celice