[FE9] Core's FE9 Draft

Deliriyum

Rules:

Hard mode

Fixed mode

Undrafted units may: Recruit people. Reyson and one of Janaff/Ulki can be deployed to talk with Naesalea as long as they do not enter combat, Rescue Undrafted Units, Trade, Shove Undrafted units

4 turn penalty per character per chapter if you do something against rules

Ike, Titania, and Laguz royals are free.

No more than 50 BEXP per unit per chapter, unless noted below.

Participants:

1. Scott Pilgrim: Reyson, Zihark, Nephenee, Tormod, Brom, Rhys, Geoffrey, Stefan

2. Core: Oscar, Mist, Gatrie, Mia, Calill, Ulki, Devdan, Ena

3. Kirsche: Jill, Mordecai, Lethe, Makalov, Muarim, Janaff, Tauroneo, Bastian

4. PegKnightLover: Marcia, Kieran, Soren, Astrid, Sothe, Rolf, Lucia, Largo

5. Xanderdog:Boyd, Tanith, Ilyana, Volke, Shinon, Haar, Ranulf, Elincia

[spoiler=BEXP Base levels]

Chapter Character 	BEXP
8   	Ike 					+0.X
       Boyd            +0.X
       Oscar   				+1.X
       Rhys            +4.X
       Soren   				+3.X
       Mia 					+3.X

9   	Ilyana          +3.X
       Mist        	+6.X
       Rolf        	+7.X

10      Lethe   				+0
       Mordecai        +0
       Marcia          +2.X
       Volke   				12/-

11      Kieran          14/-
       Brom            13/-
       Nephenee        12/-

12      Zihark      	+2.X
       Sothe   				9/-

13      Jill            +2.X

14      Astrid          +6.X
       Gatrie          +2.X

15      Makalov 				+5.X

16      Muarim          +0
       Tormod          14/-
       Stefan          +0

17      Danved          +2.X

18      Tanith          +0
       Janaff          11/-
       Ulki        	10/-
       Reyson          +0

19      Shinon          -/8
       Calill      	+0

22      Tauroneo        +1.X

23      Ranulf          -/10

24      Haar            +1.X

25      Lucia   				+2.X
       Bastian 				+2.X
       Geoffrey        -/13
       Largo   				-/11

26      Elincia 				-/9

28      Ena 					14/-

Edited by Core

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can undrafted units rescue/shove NPCs?

Also, making Ena draftable leaves an even amount of units for each team. Psych's draft messed up in this regard.

Yes, although meatshielding isn't allowed

Draftable Ena doesn't make sense because Nasir is better and free if you beat the BK.

You should make better rules, like implimenting the bonus exp restrictions. I think lack of those is turning people off from joining since right now whoever has Marcia will win.

Except Integ's BEXP restrictions seemed too harsh IMO. It went from "who can draft marcia first" to "who can draft Oscar first". Which is why I didn't join.

Although I admit it wasn't very well tested, what with only RFoF finishing. I can't say I'm very good at finishing draft, but the involvement was rather lacking, so I don't know what it'll be like in practice.

That's still much more than enough for Marcia to trivialize the game after, like, 4 chapters.

Should I put a specific restriction on Marcia(And a lesser one on Oscar, if necessary)?

crucially though, it reduces the gap between her and Jill and reduces her effects on chapter 15, 12 and 11, which are aguably her most useful chapters.

Though 3 levels may be extreme. 2 levels should be OK. That means a level ~20 marcia coming inot chapter 15, which is what would happen in a normal playthrough.

Edit: also, by two levels, if you round off a unit, I think that should count as one level.

Edited by kirsche

crucially though, it reduces the gap between her and Jill and reduces her effects on chapter 15, 12 and 11, which are aguably her most useful chapters.

Though 3 levels may be extreme. 2 levels should be OK. That means a level ~20 marcia coming inot chapter 15, which is what would happen in a normal playthrough.

Edit: also, by two levels, if you round off a unit, I think that should count as one level.

That sounds fine.

Also, I got last, see kirsche? :awesome:

The only problem I have with this, is that it limits other units who would really like some BEXP, if drafted. For example, Mia would love several BEXP levels if you have her.

Except Integ's BEXP restrictions seemed too harsh IMO. It went from "who can draft marcia first" to "who can draft Oscar first". Which is why I didn't join.

Although I admit it wasn't very well tested, what with only RFoF finishing. I can't say I'm very good at finishing draft, but the involvement was rather lacking, so I don't know what it'll be like in practice.

The ones used in that draft have not come back (not exactly, at least). The newer ones have a starting level you can bring units to at their first time in the base and after that you can give them 50 experience every base session. In my opinion, this works quite well. Marcia and Jill are still pretty powerful, but it's hard to avoid that.

I like that starting level idea. We can keep the 2 levels per character per chapter(50 exp seems a bit restrictive). Then I'll draw up appropriate starting level.

Sorry, I haven't played FE9 HM in a long time so I forgot how fast people level up.

Edited by Core

I like that starting level idea. We can keep the 2 levels per character per chapter(50 exp seems a bit restrictive). Then I'll draw up appropriate starting levels

It's pointless to have the starting level with 2 levels per chapter. You may as well have unrestricted BEXP. As far as this game is concerned, 50 exp really isn't very restrictive, especially with the appropriate starting levels (since those are supposed to allow units to get going).

It's pointless to have the starting level with 2 levels per chapter. You may as well have unrestricted BEXP. As far as this game is concerned, 50 exp really isn't very restrictive, especially with the appropriate starting levels (since those are supposed to allow units to get going).

I see your point, but with 50 exp limit, you aren't even guaranteed a level up, which is really my only concern. Maybe we could make it a 1lvl restriction, or 100 exp.

I'd like to hear from other people in this draft, to see what they think, as well.

Edited by Core

What are these base levels, RFoF?

I thought they were in Integrity's topic but they aren't. Here are the most recent ones (from Tellius Draft #2):

Chapter Character     BEXP
8       Ike                     +0.X
       Boyd            +0.X
       Oscar                   +0.X
       Rhys            +4.X
       Soren                   +3.X
       Mia                     +3.X

9       Ilyana          +3.X
       Mist            7/-
       Rolf            8/-

10      Lethe                   +0
       Mordecai        +0
       Marcia          +2.X
       Volke                   12/-

11      Kieran          15/-
       Brom            13/-
       Nephenee        12/-

12      Zihark          13/-
       Sothe                   9/-

13      Jill            +2.X

14      Astrid          +5.X
       Gatrie          +2.X

15      Makalov                 +4.X

16      Muarim          +0
       Tormod          14/-
       Stefan          +0

17      Danved          +3.X

18      Tanith          +0
       Janaff          10/-
       Ulki            9/-
       Reyson          +0

19      Shinon          -/8
       Calill          -/8

22      Tauroneo        +1.X

23      Ranulf          -/10

24      Haar            +1.X

25      Lucia                   +2.X
       Bastian                 +2.X
       Geoffrey        -/13
       Largo                   -/11

26      Elincia                 -/9

28      Ena                     14/-
       Nasir                   18/-

The X means the unit can get that many levels + cap off the next. So in Ike's first base session he can cap off his level from wherever he is. In Marcia's she can cap hers off and get two more levels.