Sequel Maybe?

Agility

Well i am wondering if nintendo will make a sequel to fire emblem FE9 & FE10. At the end of radiant dawn they say ike and soren go away to that desert so idk. What do you guys think?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans are still on about this? I thought it was already inherently clear that there ISN'T gonna be another sequel to PoR. RD is enough, thank you.

I'd rather they localize FE12 first...

But since fans feel that a such localization is long overdue, they decided to handle the translation themselves. Edited by Elmer

idk tellius is only a peninsula.... maybe tellius is the distant future of some other fe game

i'd rather have a tellius prequel than sequel, dealing with greil and like the serenes massacre and whatnot. but an fe8 -quel or a new world would be nice.

I want a fe8 sequel for the wiiu. It would be cool. (Not that its my favorite fe or anything i just think it would be cool mainly because i want another fe where u choose ur route). The route split should last more than 6 chapters this time though and eirika should be an overpowered lord this time. Also, i liked the promotion choices.

Yea mercenary i agree with you. I would love to play as greil in his adulthood :D Pre-queal would be nice and they could redo PoR so that the laguz are better and the skills can be re-assigned. Also cooler graphics.

This, times a thousand. Although I do fear how awful NoA's gonna tear it up with the whole Alvis/Diadora thing...

lol... We can only wonder... I don't see it happening...

But I see it happening before there's another sequel to the horrid Tellius "thing".

This, times a thousand. Although I do fear how awful NoA's gonna tear it up with the whole Alvis/Diadora thing...

They're now just good friends, Julius was a result of bad parenting! All Alvis did was steal Sigurd's girlfriend!

[spoiler=FE3 Book 2 Ending Shenanigans ]I'd much rather find out what happens to Abel at the end of FE3 Book 2 (yeah, duh, looking for Est who somehow ended up in Gaiden-land, but where did he disappear to? D; ) and see where this whole whole finding Camus business led Nina to.

How often have they made significant story changes? Translation mistakes aside, I don't think I've heard of any. They even left things like the Priscilla/Raven supports as they are. There's also things like the ho yay with Legault and Heather in general. Maybe if FE4 had been localized back in the day on Super Nintendo they would have changed it, but if a remake happened I wouldn't find that nearly as likely.

As for the topic, as much as I love Tellius, I think/hope it's done. We haven't gotten a new Fire Emblem universe since PoR, so I'd really to get one soon. No more remakes or sequels for the time being.

How often have they made significant story changes? Translation mistakes aside, I don't think I've heard of any. They even left things like the Priscilla/Raven supports as they are. There's also things like the ho yay with Legault and Heather in general. Maybe if FE4 had been localized back in the day on Super Nintendo they would have changed it, but if a remake happened I wouldn't find that nearly as likely.

As for the topic, as much as I love Tellius, I think/hope it's done. We haven't gotten a new Fire Emblem universe since PoR, so I'd really to get one soon. No more remakes or sequels for the time being.

Yeah but there's also the varying reasons for why Ike beats the BK in FE9 and Linda being kidnapped rather than sold.

Ike beats the BK in FE9

What about it?

Linda being kidnapped rather than sold.

The only explanation I can think of for this is that SD is on a handheld and rated E10+. They probably wanted to keep it marketable to all ages as much as possible. If an FE4 remake were on handheld as well, I'd say the chances of such censorship would be higher. If it were to come on a home console such as Wii U, I don't think they'd censor it since the graphic violence would already lend the game to a T rating like PoR and RD.

In the Japanese one its warp powder, in the West he let Ike win.

Wait, how does that even make sense? Wasn't he supposedly buried in there? How would they have been led to believe he used Warp Powder to get out?

Either way, I can't think of a reason for a change like this, but I wouldn't even put it in the realm of censorship. Just like all the randomly altered names.

What about it?

The reasons the Black Knight gives for Ike's victory over him in FE9 differ in the Japanese and English versions. If I remember correctly, the Japanese version basically goes along the lines of "You won alright, but that Warp Powder I was using malfunctioned. It rendered me weak, and I couldn't use my full strength because of it." While the English version goes along the lines of "You won alright, but only because I let you win. If really I was giving my all, the result would have been much different."

EDIT: Ninja'd, but I'd say the Warp Powder malfunction does make some sense as to why the Black Knight survived the castle crumbling rather than just appearing out of the blue in FE10 somehow alive. He was actually skeptical on using the stuff in FE9 because it sapped his strength. It pretty much makes the reason given in the english a dub-induced plot-hole if you think about it.

Edited by Elmer

Wait, how does that even make sense? Wasn't he supposedly buried in there? How would they have been led to believe he used Warp Powder to get out?

Either way, I can't think of a reason for a change like this, but I wouldn't even put it in the realm of censorship. Just like all the randomly altered names.

The BK used warp powder to get to the castle in the Japanese version which weakened him enough for Ike to defeat him instead of him letting Ike win so he would become stronger.

I'm not trying to say its censorship just that change does happen with localisation.