Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

Barring the Black Knight splice with its cape issues(among some color issues I can see at a glance), the rest of the splices are decent enough. Some errors here and there like some of the arms on the hips of the Ike and the other dude seem off, but not -bad- I guess.

Truth be told, one of the biggest reasons why this project ends up/will end up stalling for a long time are battle animations. I have a good chunk planned, they take a while, and I'm the only one I know that can do them both on call and of, well, respectable quality. After Chapter 6 I'll have to make two more animations and then another two for the chapter after that(granted 3/4 of those are magic users which are simple enough) and I don't need to tell you that those will take a lot of time.

I hate to impose on others, though, but I would need to see if you'd have what it takes to make an animation of respectable quality before I can ask for help. Kind of a serious prerequisite, I know, but it is what it is for this project. :c

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barring the Black Knight splice with its cape issues(among some color issues I can see at a glance), the rest of the splices are decent enough. Some errors here and there like some of the arms on the hips of the Ike and the other dude seem off, but not -bad- I guess.

Truth be told, one of the biggest reasons why this project ends up/will end up stalling for a long time are battle animations. I have a good chunk planned, they take a while, and I'm the only one I know that can do them both on call and of, well, respectable quality. After Chapter 6 I'll have to make two more animations and then another two for the chapter after that(granted 3/4 of those are magic users which are simple enough) and I don't need to tell you that those will take a lot of time.

I hate to impose on others, though, but I would need to see if you'd have what it takes to make an animation of respectable quality before I can ask for help. Kind of a serious prerequisite, I know, but it is what it is for this project. :c

i understand i just wanted to help but i could try to make some animation

I have to get better at spriting battle animations so that I can help Raymond! I must!!''

What about TBA?

But seriously, if you'll accept my help, I'll be happy to help! Oh please. As if Raymond would accept MY help. I'm nowhere NEAR good enough. XD

But seriously, if you'll accept my help, I'll be happy to help! Oh please. As if Raymond would accept MY help. I'm nowhere NEAR good enough. XD

You know Arim if you start talking like this he might think you're telling the truthtongue.gif. By the way you're a pretty good battle spriter why wouldn't he want you to help him?

Edited by Matt Snow

You know Arim if you start talking like this he might think you're telling the truthtongue.gif. By the way you're a pretty good battle why wouldn't he want you to help him?

Ray has seen Arim's animations and does not find them up to the standard of the ones that he wants for ASD.

• 2 weeks later...

Mageknight, Mai boy! YOU SHOULD MAKE A FIGHTER LIKE CLASS WITH SWORDS. (not lances, because you can throw them like you can shoot with arrows.)

Also love the hack. Ba-ba-ba-bai-ba....I'm lovin it. Basically.

You should do one of those things like they did in "Pale Flower of Darkness". You know. If you do one thing, you get one character, but if you don't, you get another. Sound good?

Mageknight, Mai boy! YOU SHOULD MAKE A FIGHTER LIKE CLASS WITH SWORDS. (not lances, because you can throw them like you can shoot with arrows.)

That already exists. It's called "Mercenary". :3

Unless you mean the bulky one...

You should do one of those things like they did in "Pale Flower of Darkness". You know. If you do one thing, you get one character, but if you don't, you get another. Sound good?

lolFE8 conditions. AFAIK, I'm limited to stuff like "if character x is alive/active, then y happens, if not, z happens" or "see if all houses are okay"(and to be honest I'm not even sure how that works with vanilla FE8 events), unless I use those above examples, I can't really do more intricate stuff because FE8 doesn't support it/I don't know how. Oh well, THE PRICE I HAVE TO PAY...

Also, for the curious, yes I'm working on Chapter 6. I'm working on enemy placement/reinforcements now and I probably would've gotten more progress in, but I decided to take a break to do other things.

but lucky me as soon as I do that everyone else puts out stuff for their projects. Hate all lyfe

That already exists. It's called "Mercenary". :3

Unless you mean the bulky one...

lolFE8 conditions. AFAIK, I'm limited to stuff like "if character x is alive/active, then y happens, if not, z happens" or "see if all houses are okay"(and to be honest I'm not even sure how that works with vanilla FE8 events), unless I use those above examples, I can't really do more intricate stuff because FE8 doesn't support it/I don't know how. Oh well, THE PRICE I HAVE TO PAY...

Also, for the curious, yes I'm working on Chapter 6. I'm working on enemy placement/reinforcements now and I probably would've gotten more progress in, but I decided to take a break to do other things.

but lucky me as soon as I do that everyone else puts out stuff for their projects. Hate all lyfe

All in all, still quite the progress, any idea on how to integrate the class evolutions for each character? It might save some time for when the battle animations come around. Especially when you have to make the character use multiple weapons or spells. Though, the spells can't really be that much more difficult, less made completely out of scratch for animation purposes, which would be COOL!!! Or even a person that uses both weapons AND spells, as overpowered as that may sound >_>

All in all, still quite the progress, any idea on how to integrate the class evolutions for each character? It might save some time for when the battle animations come around. Especially when you have to make the character use multiple weapons or spells. Though, the spells can't really be that much more difficult, less made completely out of scratch for animation purposes, which would be COOL!!! Or even a person that uses both weapons AND spells, as overpowered as that may sound >_>

I actually plan to have a Mage Knight join later and planned to have them use Swords and Falconknights use staves, but the current FE8 Str/Mag split patch has one glaring aesthetic problem for me, that magic swords always use their ranged animation even at melee range(which defeats the purpose of Julie's Thunderblade animation) as well as clerics displaying Str instead of Mag on the stat screen as staves can't be equipped.

clerics displaying Str instead of Mag on the stat screen as staves can't be equipped.

Would it be possible to actually make them equip-able, a la FE10? I'm not saying to try and implement the counter-attack system, just if they could actually be made equip-able due to already existing staff ranks.

Would it be possible to actually make them equip-able, a la FE10? I'm not saying to try and implement the counter-attack system, just if they could actually be made equip-able due to already existing staff ranks.

That would be up to Cam, if he wants to take on another ASM project.

*flashes money*

I actually plan to have a Mage Knight join later and planned to have them use Swords and Falconknights use staves, but the current FE8 Str/Mag split patch has one glaring aesthetic problem for me, that magic swords always use their ranged animation even at melee range(which defeats the purpose of Julie's Thunderblade animation) as well as clerics displaying Str instead of Mag on the stat screen as staves can't be equipped.

I think you might have explained that one earlier in making the game, cause you were trying to make Julie do that before. This might come up as a similar problem if you ever bring Ike and The Black Knight (Dumdumdum!!) Into the story. Cause of how their swords are both magic at the distance, but melee up close. And if you can't give the Falconknights staves, then maybe try a different approach? Possibly give them bows or something, the idea actually sounds pretty awesome, an air unit that can use bows (If you don't make Paladins use them or just bring back the Ranger class) Or heck, make like some kind of Necromancer Horsemen class, now THAT would be unique too. And though it would all be rather time consuming, just figured I'd at least spit out a few unconventional Classes to see if it would bring up an interest, though not as unique as a mageknight with a sword, but I digress. Good work on EVERYTHING thus far!

Just to point out a few things:

Ike and the BK aren't in ASD

Ike and the BK's swords both use their strength stat when used at range in PoR and RD

a mageknight with a sword isn't unique at all because the class was originally introduced in FE4 and 5.

just some FYIs o 3 o

and don't get your hopes up for paladin or falco with a bow, MK already has his hands full with his planned animations.

Edited by seph1212

Aww maaaaaaan! I was so excited for the Wyvern riding thieves that makes no sense why would a theif have a wyvern , laguz units complete with beast meters there is no practical way to add this other than paying cam, and the Axe cleric.that would be pointless clerics are healers this is not D&D as much as i love D&D this is fe :C

responses in bold

that makes no sense why would a theif have a wyvern

duh he stole it

there is no practical way to add this other than paying cam,

cam is paid :3

that would be pointless clerics are healers this is not D&D as much as i love D&D this is fe :C

fe13 did it O 3o

Just to point out a few things:

Ike and the BK aren't in ASD

Ike and the BK's swords both use their strength stat when used at range in PoR and RD

a mageknight with a sword isn't unique at all because the class was originally introduced in FE4 and 5.

just some FYIs o 3 o

and don't get your hopes up for paladin or falco with a bow, MK already has his hands full with his planned animations.

It was if and only if Ike and The BK were to be. Two of the most tanked fighters in RD btw.

If a mageknight with a sword wasn't so unique, then why is it only featured in a few games and not the rest?

And no hopes, just ideas and healthy suggestions, however, a thief on a wyvern...sounds cool, but not very practical...

Less you wanna go along with maybe a wyvern scout...or a friggin wyvern knight with spellcasting capabilities! Since Falconknights have already gone down that route

If a mageknight with a sword wasn't so unique, then why is it only featured in a few games and not the rest?

Because it was sorta pointless and they removed the strength magic split for a while because of console restraints and a lack of necessity for it?

I mean the mageknight showed back up in FE8 just without a sword. And it could pretty much just be called the valkyrie except it uses anima magic, but the valkyrie in FE7 even did that.

I sorta don't get what you're getting at with trying to still call it unique, it was pretty average. If you want unique, like, Commando was pretty unique.