Priscilla or Serra?

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

A late reply into the topic, but I have always picked troubadours over clerics/healers if I had a choice between the two. That horse is so darn handy to have. Not only can you heal, but you can rescue/drop, and having that can be a lifesaver.

I think on most GBA FE7 runs/fan-hack runs I have had, I have almost always picked Priscilla over Serra. Even though in the end I may bench her for better units since on most hacks where the two are available, there are usually a select few characters that will shine out and be too awesome not to use. Actually, now that I think back, I don't think I have ever really used Serra outside of Lyn mode in vanilla FE7.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a lot of the people here DO have poor taste in healers.

Crash, everyone has been giving every single reason as to why Priscilla > Serra while all you're doing is deciding not to read the said reasons. The key reasons being that they have so very much similar averages all around that the only differences are support lists and support speed (which I'm not gonna count because they're supports), different offensive magic types upon promotion, and the fact that Priscilla has a horse, which allows her to do several things Serra can't do such as rescuing, keeping up with the group, and using leftover movement to at least try to get out of harm's way if she is in harm's way. The fact that people have been giving all these reasons while you continue to ignore every single reason given, is just baffling if you ask me.

Edited by Cybernetic Ghost

I like Priscilla the be-*shot*

Anyways, Priscilla is good... Honestly!

Who would shoot you for that?

Anyway, I'm going to give Crash the benefit of the doubt and guess his last post was sarcasm.

I drafted Serra in my last FE7 draft and:

1) Promoted her at level 12 in CoD.

2) Gave her Afa Drop and she still sucked.

3) Did chip damage and needed care.

4) Got to lv. 16 in Final, and she still sucked.

Level 12 in CoD? Sounds like you weren't using Serra nearly as often as you could have; it's easy to get her to level 6 by the end of chapter 10, and to level 12 by chapter 20 or so.

Serra and Priscilla are both at their most effective if you let them level up to 20 before promoting them, and if you don't want to do that (or at the very least get them up to level 15), you might be better off not promoting them at all. (Lucius, Canas, Nino, or even Erk could use the extra Guiding Ring.)

Edited by Paper Jam

Level 12 in CoD? Sounds like you weren't using Serra nearly as often as you could have; it's easy to get her to level 6 by the end of chapter 10, and to level 12 by chapter 20 or so.

Drafts don't include Lyndis' mode.

I drafted Serra in my last FE7 draft and:

1) Promoted her at level 12 in CoD.

2) Gave her Afa Drop and she still sucked.

3) Did chip damage and needed care.

4) Got to lv. 16 in Final, and she still sucked.

PEMN, man. Not the reason why Priscilla>Serra.

PEMN, man. Not the reason why Priscilla>Serra.

Besides bases, movement, more chance of rescuing/dropping due to her useful movement, anima magic weights less than light magic. Serra has at least a -1 in her AS (lolightning), and if you want to give her a body ring or two, you could also give it to Prissy.

Serra, because she's not vulnerable to Halberds, Longswords, and Horseslayers!

I prefer Priscilla. She does everything she needs to, and has the advantage of being able to rescue-drop or simply be used as a carrier as necessary.

Serra can´t rescue anyone :(:

She can rescue. . .wait for it. . .NILS AND NINO! OMG!!!!

(in other words, that's not useful unless you're drafting in Lyn Mode, and you left Nils in the way of things that can make him go squish)

Be honest; if you promoted Priscilla at level 12, she would probably suck too.

I still stand by my claim that it's best to get them to level 15 at the very least before promoting them, or not promote them at all.

Not that there's anything wrong with not promoting them at all, because you have no shortage of magic users.

Suck at combat, probably, but fuck using them for combat anyway. They're too busy staffspamming in any given Lumi run to ever see combat.

Prissy, anyway. CBF to use Serra because I'd rather just use Lucius. Can't stand pink-haired females unless they are good at fighting.

If promoted at a reasonable time and level, Priscilla and Serra should be very good combat units. And by that time staff experience is cut in half and they have a combat experience bonus, so why wouldn't you have them fight?

Because the only other physic guy is Pent, plus Prissy is my only healer until Lucius promotes (always on the desert chapter), so who else will do the healing?

IDK, she doesn't ever get enough exp for me to promote at said reasonable time and level.

Sure, I'll let her hit something if she has nothing better to do, but if there's healing to be done, she be healing.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

Because the only other physic guy is Pent, plus Prissy is my only healer until Lucius promotes (always on the desert chapter), so who else will do the healing?

IDK, she doesn't ever get much exp for me.

How much healing do you need <_<?

if you're not playing ranked?

I meant it to be all-inclusive except for higher levels of efficiency.