new fire emblem spotted in Ninty PC!

shadowjam

With WTA and a Silver Lance, he still does not have 100% on this guy, and only has 3% crit (implying he either has 6 skill, or enemies have luck in this game, or the crit system got changed up). Also, if we go with silver lances being typically 13 mt, he has about 11 Str. If rank giving more Mt is to be believed, 10 Str. This enemy, again despite WTD and the fact he can't do any actual damage, has 70% on Fredrick. I'm also assuming this is like Normal Mode they're showing.

I believe that enemy is on a Forest and is wielding a sword, the former could explain why he doesn't have 100% hit assuming enemy stats aren't terrible (which they don't seem to be), and an early game Merc-esque guy with an Iron Sword presumably wouldn't be hurting what seems to be our Jeigan.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't gotten a chance to look at the videos and the art looks odd, but aside from that, I'm pumped! :D:

Having a mage from the start (Note for whoever said that: it's not the first time that's happened, Azel joined in FE4's Prologue) will be really cool too.

Has anyone had a guess as to whether they're having split anima (Like Jugdral and Tellius) this time? Just curious.

On a side note, I hope they make Fredrick a "Pure" Jeigan as opposed to an "Oifey", I'm tired of people being able to use the Jeigan past the early chapters, it's just so cheap. :-_-:

assuming enemy stats aren't terrible (which they don't seem to be)

Given you can tagteam enemies in this, enemies can only be so weak without completely trivializing the game. If enemies will also tagteam your units, too, then I'd expect to overall see higher defenses and worse offense in this game.

I went OHMIGOSHSOSHINY when I saw the Paladin in the trailer.

I'm kinda intrigued on the new lord and some of the characters, I must make my analysis on them when this gets translated in NA.

Edited by Frosty the Blizzardkitty

I love how everybody's discussing attack accuracies already.

This cracked me up so hard!

So far the game info's been interesting, but I'm more concerned about if it'll get over here or not. I'm definitely weirded out by the new art style though...

The gameplay videos just make me want this even more.

Also, is someone able to translate the stats that go up in the Level Up parts of the video? It's unlikely, but I'm just wondering if there any other stats to be involved in this game beyond what we normally get. (Especially with the new co-op mechanic)

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

Also, is someone able to translate the stats that go up in the Level Up parts of the video? It's unlikely, but I'm just wondering if there any other stats to be involved in this game beyond what we normally get. (Especially with the new co-op mechanic)

It just looks like the usual (so far).

Frederick gained HP, STR, SPD and DEF

Krom gained HP, SKL, SPD, LCK and DEF

I did notice a new command called "Double", although confusingly it wasn't necessary to select to initiate a team-up attack.

Edited by VincentASM

Maybe 'Double' is a skill, like Gamble in FE9?

(Especially with the new co-op mechanic)

I believe that was a misunderstanding. The dual-battles aren't co-op--there's multiplayer, but it's probably an extension of what we've seen before. No help-me-on-this-mission co-op.

Anyone considered that Freddie might be a Great Knight?

Edit - I should provide some reasoning shouldn't I?

Axe/Shield on Map Sprite.

Brown Horse

7 Movement instead of 8.

Flawless logic.

Edited by Hazekitty

highfivehighfivehighfive

WE DIDN'T DO THAT ON FESS2 GODDAMMIT

Some things are just unavoidable, man.

Looks like paladins can use axes. Check out the sprite:

Afs4N.png

In your party there's the main lord, the pigtail girl's unique class, two cavaliers, a mage, a thief, an archer and the paladin.

Everyone's got 5 move. Fredrick's got 7. Either he's a Great Knight, or they blessedly nerfed cavalier move. Also, I didn't notice the thief. Maybe it's that Ronk fellow.

Maybe 'Double' is a skill, like Gamble in FE9?

Maybe they brought Pursuit back...

I believe that was a misunderstanding. The dual-battles aren't co-op--there's multiplayer, but it's probably an extension of what we've seen before. No help-me-on-this-mission co-op.

Still would be interesting to see I guess.

I love how everybody's discussing attack accuracies already.

That's my Fire Emblem fandom!

I haven't seen anyone doubling anything in any of the videos; I'm slowly wondering if doubling hasn't been removed altogether in favor of the tag-team mechanic.