I really hope we get a female axe user this time...

deuxhero

As in IRL. FE and anime in general have plenty of characters with unnatural hair, but some of us, myself included, in the fanbase may be getting a little sick of that.

I mean, I'm not gonna complain if they have more vibrantly colored hair people, but it would be a nice change.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the topic of realism, have we seen any wild hair colors in this yet? Krom's has a blue tinge, but nothing Marth's or Lyn's.

Krom has blue hair (check the battle shots) and Riz has pink. Not many characters are shown, but it's pretty much your average Fire Emblem in terms of colors.

(I'd say the only errant FE would be FE4, but their "wild" use of hair colors is more illustrative of the bloodlines and countries, and thus, their increased variance is purposeful)

As in IRL. FE and anime in general have plenty of characters with unnatural hair, but some of us, myself included, in the fanbase may be getting a little sick of that.

I mean, I'm not gonna complain if they have more vibrantly colored hair people, but it would be a nice change.

Your original post was:

the hair colours shown all look relatively natural as far as FE goes.

So that's what I asked? What is "unnatural" for FE :P?

Huh. I thought Liz's pigtails looked pink, but the top of her head looked blonde. Might be eyes playing tricks on me.

you misunderstood me. What I meant is, with the very toned down hints that could be ambiguous to whether it's a stylisation of a natural tone or an otherwise unnatural color, it's still more natural than the very vibrantly colorful hair that many of the FE cast has. Apparently Liz does have pink hair, but it's not so brightly-Serra pink enough that it's possible to be mistaken as blonde at times. It's more natural-looking than the standard that FE set, basically, at least from the sample we have here. Of course, IS could throw rainbow hair at us for the rest of the cast not shown, but I'm only going by what I see.

If there is a femzerker she better get a romantic support and ending with the puniest, nerdiest male mage character ever invented in the history of FE.

Edited by skitarii

I'd love to see both male and female versions of units that we don't normally see. Though I'm all for female fighters :P

As for realism, I think we need to figure out what our suspensions of disbelief are. For me, within the FE universe, the wacky colored hair, magic, and even fighting dragons doesn't break too much in terms of realism for me, at least not for that universe. FE8 on the other hand kind of got out of control with how you fight so many different odd monsters, but perhaps that's just because it doesn't match the content of the rest of the games (that I've played)

I would actually like to see a buff female fighter, as long as it was done reasonably. I could see her even being as buff as say Ike or the main male character from FE3DS. (his arm looks has some muscle detail on it I'd say) And I don't think that's too much of a stretch.