I really hope we get a female axe user this time...

deuxhero

I think he's saying that tvtropes is generally an unreliable source of info altogether?

Right, the overblown Wiki phobia thing, thanks for the explanation.

That sort of attitude really grinds my gears, yes it's gonna have some flaws when written by multiple people, but so does everything else on the web.

Also, I still don't get Soluna's complaint.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That defeats the whole purpose of berserker.

A berserk fighter doesn't come wielding unwieldy swashes of metal. They fight brazenly and dangerously--which can be accomplished with the smaller tools as well as large. The size of the body is not part of the defining feature of the Norse 'zerker.

A berserk fighter doesn't come wielding unwieldy swashes of metal. They fight brazenly and dangerously--which can be accomplished with the smaller tools as well as large. The size of the body is not part of the defining feature of the Norse 'zerker.

Well yeah, a Norse 'zerker tends to be more a mental thing (self-psyching discipline to the point they phase the idea of pain from existing in their own head so they won't feel it, thus the whole brazenly and dangerously thing), but why can't we have a woman who is a beast that takes a giant weapon and breaks people with them? Would be unique.

Smaller axe and smaller person, we'd just end up with Echidna except crazy. Cool as she was, still would like a notable difference here.

Right, the overblown Wiki phobia thing, thanks for the explanation.

That sort of attitude really grinds my gears, yes it's gonna have some flaws when written by multiple people, but so does everything else on the web.

I meant as in 'I think Celice is saying that TVTropes is unreliable'. My main problem with TVTropes is that it uses itself to explain itself, kind of like if you wanted to know what "adumbrated" meant and a dictionary told you it meant "something that has been adumbrated".

I want a female that will throw axes from the kitchen to attack.

</troll>

I'd rather have more female swordmasters, because they are guaranteed to be badass.

Ah, this is the reason why I did not suggest this myself.

She can still have a big axe, just not as big. It works out proportionally, in my opinion.

Why does the woman need a smaller axe? Why do they need to be smaller than the men at all?

I guess a small amount of sense is made in that a big strong lady is usually still not as big as a big strong dude (the strength is a separate issue), simply because female members of the human species are on average shorter than male members. Axe users in FE are usually pretty tall dudes (I'd guess over 6'), it might be unusual for a lady to be exactly as tall. If they give a shorter female berserker a smaller axe in proportion to the height difference between her and a male berserker I would not see a problem with it, because that still achieves the purpose of a big damn axe. If they give her a significantly smaller axe, to the point of being disproportional, then there's a problem.

Keepin' it classy with the kitchen jokes, I see. :dry:

WHAT THE HELL CHROME SPELLCHECK WHY DO YOU THINK AXE IS NOT A WORD.

Personally, I think the size average divide is better accomplished with simply having fewer female berserkers. If you were out looking for really big motherfuckers, and you had an option between a pretty beefy chick and an even beefier guy, you'd probably pick the guy. While the chick may be in a higher percentile, she's still smaller. So yeah, female berserkers should exist, but I feel they should be the same size (or like marginally smaller) compared to their counterparts.

WHAT THE HELL CHROME SPELLCHECK WHY DO YOU THINK AXE IS NOT A WORD.

Because "axe" is apparently the British spelling. "Ax" is American. Someone I know who's getting a book published got his manuscript back and had all of his axes changed to ax and he figured out that was why. He then changed it back to "axe."

IMO, the axe being too big is just as bad as it being too small. I wouldn't want a freakishly large axe on her, myself.

Just make female berserkers! Keep the axes as they are big and heavy, put a somewhat built woman and give her big heavy axes. She would still be able to swing that axe. If you want to give her some "help" let the Hatchet make a comeback or make a "Lady Axe" kinda like the Prayer Sword or Lady Sword.

Personally, I think the size average divide is better accomplished with simply having fewer female berserkers. If you were out looking for really big motherfuckers, and you had an option between a pretty beefy chick and an even beefier guy, you'd probably pick the guy. While the chick may be in a higher percentile, she's still smaller. So yeah, female berserkers should exist, but I feel they should be the same size (or like marginally smaller) compared to their counterparts.

Does anyone play using only "giants"? If the girl was a better Berserker, I'd choose her. If the guy was, I'd use both. :D

He said, "If you were out looking for really big motherfuckers" with the implications of "If per chance the army recruitment guy was out looking for really big people sheerly for their size and no other factors" in which case, Furet's argument stands.

He said, "If you were out looking for really big motherfuckers" with the implications of "If per chance the army recruitment guy was out looking for really big people sheerly for their size and no other factors" in which case, Furet's argument stands.

Men are statistically larger, and on average stronger. I'm not sure about the difference in athleticism, but of course a recruiter would go for a man.

His argument doesn't stand because it's irrelevant. Who cares if the female Berserker's axe is a little bit smaller to fit more proportionally to her slightly smaller stature? It'll still be a giant fucking axe, still boasting the same ridiculousness as the males. The female Berserker will most likely be getting a cut in strength, too, and it'll be put into resistance.

Anyway, it's made entirely irrelevant in the Fire Emblem universe due to: Neimi, Rebecca, Florina, Tana, et cetera. Size does not matter in this game.

To go with the girl FE hack, the sprite could use some work, in that it needs a little more refining, but the overall idea of it is pretty spot on in my opinion.

Except Neimi and Rebecca suck and Florina and Tana are good only because of ferrying.

But your argument make it sound like that chicks can't get as big as guys, which isn't true since there are some really big fucking chicks out there. If they can handle the same size axe, why shouldn't they get the same size axe? If they can't handle the same size axe, why are they even a berserker?

That's only if they put the gender-differentiated caps back, which, TBH, they shouldn't. I find that caps should exist to differentiate classes, but between units of each class, it should be the bases and growths that do the differentiation and even further differentiated caps. If a chick has a high str growth, she should not be hindered from hitting the same cap as her male counterpart. I like how they took out gender-differentiation caps in FEDS. That was nice.

Are the biggest guys in the world in an FE army?

It's possible to achieve it, just unlikely. Like Furet said, 's why the reasons there aren't as many chicks in [class], but if the chick can achieve a certain size, or strength, or whatever attributes necessary pertaining to a class or whatever else, why should they be barred from doing so?

Edited by Luminescent Kitty