Video game music

Reider

I just finished the first god awful Super Robot Wars (which I solo'd with Hyaku Shiki, and OHKO'd the final boss with Hotblood!99STR), and am started on the NES one. While Super Robot Wars 2 is a significant step upwards in terms of both map design (most importantly), and gameplay, I am finding the first one to have a better OST. Unfortunately, SRW's OST isn't on Youtube, nor is the Gundam Attack theme from either, so I'll leave this here.

Edited by Maji

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is not unrelated to Fire Emblem, but there's no FE music thread elsewhere. So I put it here.

I've beaten FE9 after a quite while again. Ashnard is probably the most memorable villain in this franchise and his theme is really badass to me. However (Beserk) Ashnard ridiculous easy to beat in only turn, if Ike has the skill combination wrath/resolve. However this theme is really intense.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

A remix of the title theme. Plays when the last boss is down to 1/3 health, at which point he summons more clones of some of the game's bosses, assuming you KOed any of them beforehand. Overrides character themes, too.

By the end of it, I was relying on the Methuss WAAAAAY more than I probably should have. In my defence, being able to double everything in her way, and having the Gundam as support, the two made a deadly pair of dodgetanks and 100% accuracy. I didn't bother with Shuu, because that guy had over 200 DEF, and the Methuss's attacks couldn't touch him.

That, and the Methuss is my second favourite MS.

EDIT: found it~ this version is like a million times better than the NES one, but SRW2 is forever better than SRW as a game.

Edited by Maji

SRW for the GB still is my favourite OST-wise, but I am really digging the spacey, ambience of the outer space missions. Reminds of Super Metroid a little bit.

So many choices to make in this game, I feel that if I make one wrong choice, everything will come crashing down on me. I already had to restart twice because I favoured Ryu, who left at chapter 10, and second because I didn't use Luck enough. :S

So now it's sort of a Fa and Kamille power couple, with the Super Robots gradually taking over.

EDIT: I'm also playing blind, which makes things a million times more annoying, RYU JOSE, AND VARIOUS MS'S THAT UPGRADE RANDOMLY.

Edited by Maji