SF Mafia Info Dump & Resources

Kaoz

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of namekilling I'm just going to point out that you were all way too harsh on the SFMM2 mafia.

There was absolutely no namekilling.

Stop namekilling

It kind of sucks to see one/two of Eclipse/Bizz/Paperblade/Kaoz/Raymond dying N1 every single game. Hell, when I'm mafia I usually prefer to shoot a player whom isn't as prominent, because it actually makes the people who're always namekilled, y'know, want to continue playing.

Stop namekilling

It kind of sucks to see one/two of Eclipse/Bizz/Paperblade/Kaoz/Raymond dying N1 every single game. Hell, when I'm mafia I usually prefer to shoot a player whom isn't as prominent, because it actually makes the people who're always namekilled, y'know, want to continue playing.

Can't remember eclipse/kaoz getting shot all the time but w/e

Namekilling might just have to do with the large skill gap in players here. For a team of not-so-great mafia players it makes a lot more sense to kill the better ones in the town first to try and level the playing field.

Can't remember eclipse/kaoz getting shot all the time but w/e

I also haven't been town in quite a while (not counting Training OC, the last time was FE4M iirc). In total, when I was town and the game went on longer than one night after I started playing, I got killed within two nights 66% of the time I believe.

That being said, I don't mind namekilling or being namekilled, it's part of non anonymous games. Whether it's a good strategy highly depends on your opinion of whether player or role ability are more important at the time, and I guess game specific details can be a factor as well.

I also haven't been town in quite a while (not counting Training OC, the last time was FE4M iirc). In total, when I was town and the game went on longer than one night after I started playing, I got killed within two nights 66% of the time I believe.

That being said, I don't mind namekilling or being namekilled, it's part of non anonymous games. Whether it's a good strategy highly depends on your opinion of whether player or role ability are more important at the time, and I guess game specific details can be a factor as well.

I am 90% sure you only think this because you are rarely town and don't get killed N1 a bunch of times. It is actually really annoying.

one/two of Eclipse/Bizz/Paperblade/Kaoz/Raymond

you forgot Prims

unless that was intentional since apparently he likes dying n1

My personal take is that if shooting somebody known for being a good player is the best possible kill scum could make that phase, I'll do it. You're not actually causing physical or psychological harm by namekilling and if somebody's a quality kill target then shooting them is playing to win. I pretty much agree with Kaoz because even if I wanted to survive dying N1 never really gets more than an "oh well" out of me. Or a "wow the doc is retarded" (especially if he was lynched the day before).

The only problem is when people shoot a good player over players who would actually make better targets just because the good player has a reputation, because that's bad play. However, I don't actually see people do that here very often.

I don't know if it's because of my ego or only being scum twice, but I always thought namekilling alone would be dumb because I've always wanted to win over the people considered good mafia players. The win would feel that much better I think.

it's also called ~challenging yourself~ and becoming a more experienced player that way

If people want to forfeit playing to win for shit like that, shrug. I'm still not going to dance around going for the best possible kill just because the dude in question already dies a lot. If it results in N1 namekills then the protective role should be bitched at, not me.

Edited by Prims

Because scum doesn't -actually- shoot you N1 every time you sign up for a game? This goes for everybody else who's bitching, too.

not counting games where I subbed out early (which is just FE4 I think), my town NOC deaths

TF2: N2 death

Schoolboy: N1 death

PoT: C3 death (effectively N2 of kills)

Sugar: N1 death

NotSFMM2: N2 death

That leaves CP and DT2 as exceptions, and I was modsubbed out of both of those (although I did live to like N2 and D3 before being subbed so yeah).

Which means that something like 70% of the times I was town in NOC here, I died within the first 2 mafia nightkills. That is actually ridiculous.

I was bored, so here's my point of death in all games I was in because I wanted hard numbers on how ridiculous my town death rate is:

--- Town ---

D/N1: IIII

D/N2: III

N3: II

N5: I

N8: I

Survived: III

That makes 50% N2 or earlier

[spoiler=Detailed]Mafia Round 5: N5 (Nurse)

JB25's Mafia game: N3 (Vanilla)

Choral Mafia II: N1 (Tracker)

Mini Mafia Round 7: SURVIVED (Watcher)

Train Mafia II: N8 (Martyr)

A Mostly Harmless Mafia: N1 (Cop)

Screw The Rules Mafia: N2 (Vig variant)

Fire Emblem Sacred Stones Mafia: N1 (Reviver)

The Assassins Guild: D2 (Vanilla)

Disgaea Mafia: SURVIVED (JoaT)

Duel Terminal: N2 (Coroner?)

SFMafia Mafia: SURVIVED (Cop)

Tales of Vesperia Mafia: D1 (Bodyguard)

SFMafia Mafia 2: N3 (Tracker)

--- Mafia ---

D2: II

D3: I

D4: I

D5: I

Survived: IIIII

[spoiler=Detailed]Ether's mafia: D5

Black Fang mafia: SURVIVED (Doppelgänger)

JB25/Sync's Mini Mafia 1: SURVIVED (Yakuza, ironically enough)

Ether's Mini Mafia: D3 (Vanilla)

Reverse Mafia: SURVIVED (Mason) (I count this as a scum win because that's essentially what masons are in reverse mafia)

Pokémon Tactical Game: D4 (Stalker)

Psych's Mini Mafia: D2 (Redirector)

Death Note Mafia: SURVIVED

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mafia: D2 (Stalker)

Sugar Mini Mafia: SURVIVED (Janitor)

--- Independent ---

D1: I

N3: I

N4: I

Survived: I

[spoiler=Detailed]Corruption mafia: N4 (Cupid)

Advance Wars Mafia: N3 (Cultist)

Lightning's Mindscrew Mafia: SURVIVED (Amnesiac -> Cop)

FE10 Mafia: D1

Not counting multifaction because screw multifaction.

Edited by Shade of Shadow

on the forum I first started playing mafia on, I have pretty much exclusively died as town on a phase that ended in the number 1 or 3 or on one that resulted in the game ending

I've only been a N2 kill twice and one of those times was very recent (and I've only been mislynched once to my knowledge). also I was meant to be the N1 kill in both of the games where I died on N2

Edited by Prims