Its too bad there's still no archer lord

thanibomb

Just another sword user, and a blue haired one at that. :/

Not that I'm that frustrated about it, but it would be nice to have some more variety in an FE lord's primary weapons. There needs to be a lord who uses bows as a primary weapon dammit! >:[

Still super excited about this game, though! Maybe there'll be more than one lord, too, so I can't lose hope yet. And I can't wait to see non-lord bow users, too.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bow-wielding lord would be okay, but then you would actually never get to put your lord anywhere near the front and that'd just be boring. Oh wait, I forgot about Micaiah.

Even better...make the staff lord being your only staff user for more than half the game...leave the warping to the Lord. That should make the Lord top tier material for Staff availability... :P:

If they made staves super useful like they did in FE4 (besides the standard healing staves and warp), it could work. It'd be very interesting, that's for sure.

Just another sword user, and a blue haired one at that. :/

Not that I'm that frustrated about it, but it would be nice to have some more variety in an FE lord's primary weapons. There needs to be a lord who uses bows as a primary weapon dammit! >:[

Still super excited about this game, though! Maybe there'll be more than one lord, too, so I can't lose hope yet. And I can't wait to see non-lord bow users, too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in TearRing Saga isn't one of the Lords a bow user? I know it's not really the same but I think it's still worth a mention.

FE3DS seems to be taking some cues from Gaiden and Sacred Stones (overworld roaming and, I believe, monsters) so I think it's fairly likely there will be more than one Lord.

Holmes from TearRing Saga was one. Though the only thing that made him decent was that there were ridiculous bows in the game(4x attack gatling bows, a powerful long bow that he starts with and one that has 4-7 range if I remember correctly).

No, because there's nothing stopping IS from making a 1-2 range bow.

So what you want is a bow using lord, without the defining characteristic of bow users, that is, attacking at 2 range only. I would go so far as to say that you merely want a lord that looks like he is using a bow.

Edited by Anouleth

Holmes from TearRing Saga was one. Though the only thing that made him decent was that there were ridiculous bows in the game(4x attack gatling bows, a powerful long bow that he starts with and one that has 4-7 range if I remember correctly).

He cannot use the weapons Quick Rain and Stone Hedge (both of them have 3~7 range), only Wood Shooters can use them.

Holmes gets swords as a secondary weapon after promotion. I think that's a far better way of addressing the issue. Archers are pretty good anyway whenever enemies are tough enough that not taking counters actually matters and Hand Axes and Javelins are either unavailable or not viable.

Edited by Othin

no one cares about Micaiah

No. They really don't.

Personally, I think a bow lord would be a bad idea. lolbows suck enough as it is, I don't want them on my main character.