Characters to level for Final Chapters

I was wondering what are some of the characters i should be leveling for the end game. Should i plan all my characters ahead?

I let my file accumulate some dust, and i picked it up again today and did one mission. River Crossing.

I remember i went through a character guide i did some picking of characters.

The list went -

Ike - Volke - Reyson - Nephenee - Nolan - Mist - Soren - Shinon - Jill - Edward - Titania

Already Titania seems like a bad choice. But anyway, then i did a search and came up with a list that a had a charcter for each SS weapon.

Now that seems like a good idea.

It has

2 x Lance wielders, 3 x axe, 2 x Sword, 1 Bow, 1 x Wind, 1 x Fire, 1 x Thunder, and 2 x staff.

1 for each tome seems kinda unnecessary i would imagine. At least scrapping 1 so you could have either dark or light magic.

So is that former list any good, or is doing one catered to SS weapons better?

Are any characters on the list i provided not worthy of endgame & any must have suggestions?

Appreciate any advice people may offer.

Ike and Reyson are "free", they don't take up slots. So you can bring another character.

Already Titania seems like a bad choice.

Titania is actually a pretty good Endgame character.

I would recommend using Royals, Dragonlords, Reavers, or Seraph Knights. Elincia is also a good choice. But you shouldn't feel pressured to cover every SS weapon, since some of the SS weapons just don't have anyone good who can use them.

Edited by Anouleth

I'd say it all depends on which difficulty, and what your plans are.

Titania and Jill both seem like good choices overall, and Ike is an obvious one. But someone like Edward? Again, it all depends on which difficulty. You might want to replace him with someone like Zihark on Hard mode for instance. Reyson's not a bad choice either, but you're either gonna have to refresh one person per chapter or wait one turn to refresh four people. Soren, isn't a choice I'd pick unless if I haven't unlocked every Base Conversation. I would probably replace him with someone like Elincia if you have unlocked all of those conversations if I were you. Volke isn't needed much, so you could fill his spot with another Trueblade. You would want to drop Mist from the list unless if really want more than two healers. With her dropped, that would leave two spots open for anyone else including Laguz royals and Giffca.

Anything else, I might have to come up with later.

Edited by Cybernetic Ghost

This is my first playthrough. Its on Normal/Medium difficulty.

So i have 2 more chars i can factor in from that list. Oscar & Mia pop into mind.

Then again i dont know what dragon lords, reavers or seraph knights are. Unless Haar is a dragonlord.

Replacing Soren with Elincia seems fair. Or Elincia in the place of Ike or Reyson since they're mandatory.

Also are Volke or Shinon solid choices?

Looking at the stats it seems as if Rolf may end up being better than Shinon.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Dragonlord is promoted Dragonmaster, Reaver is promoted Warrior, Seraph Knight is promoted Falcon Knight.

You have ten slots to work with. Royals are always a great idea, but you need others as well. Try focusing on classes with a 36+ speed cap, but don't worry about dipping below for a few units, since White Pool exists.

Haar is an outstanding unit who kind of just ends up overlevelled all on his own. He's just as usable in endgame, just watch his speed. Well-timed speedwings and bonus experience should cover it if it misbehaves.

You might enjoy taking either Shinon or Rolf to endgame and watching their Double Bow shenanigans. In the end, they're not much different because you have enough BEXP to sink a ship, but Shinon wins because Rolf joins sadly underlevelled.

For a unit that doesn't need help with speed, pick a Trueblade. Mia is the most common choice, but Edward works too if he's been levelled enough, which on NM is no problem.

Other units you might be pleased with are Elincia, Marcia, Nolan, Boyd, Titania and Tanith, but really, it's normal mode. You can take just about whoever you like.

You might enjoy taking either Shinon or Rolf to endgame and watching their Double Bow shenanigans. In the end, they're not much different because you have enough BEXP to sink a ship, but Shinon wins because Rolf joins sadly underlevelled.

But Rolf is cuter...

Anyway, the Double bow is freaking awesome. It's so much fun to attach to a marksman. 1~3 range anyone?

the royals plus giffca are always a safe pick. having elincia makes it easier since shes a flying healer and is already in her 3rd tier. i always found shinon to be helpful and i always bring someone who can use a wyrmslayer. nolan and boyd are also awesome.

My teams are always pretty different but i usually do bring Soren. (since i use him like, all the times ever.) Shinon does rock some socks in endgame. Jill is gr9 too. If you want a Paladin type character, Titania doesnt do badly. (I prefer Astrid but im a masochist that way.) Really, i say go with who you want and/or who youve been training.

My teams are always pretty different but i usually do bring Soren. (since i use him like, all the times ever.) Shinon does rock some socks in endgame. Jill is gr9 too. If you want a Paladin type character, Titania doesnt do badly. (I prefer Astrid but im a masochist that way.) Really, i say go with who you want and/or who youve been training.

Astrid is amazing with Blossom, I don't care if you have to sacrifice a Paragon for it.

Astrid has inate paragon so it doesn't matter.

Ilyana, Oliver, Tormod, Pelleas, Lyre, Fiona, Astrid, Bastian, Meg, Mist

Edited by SlayerX

From a pure efficiency perspective, dragonlords, gold knights, and laguz royals are the absolute best options for endgame. But really, you shouldn't be overly concerned about making the "wrong" decision; most any character does decently well, although if you're not bringing any laguz royals, at least try to make sure there are enough SS or brave weapons to go around because beorc damage output is otherwise noticeably lacking in some endgame maps.

Edited by dondon151

Astrid is amazing with Blossom, I don't care if you have to sacrifice a Paragon for it.

Well you dont. Paragon is free on her. Blossom/Paragon combo makes a Tranfer Astrid cap all the things like at level 15 third tier. So yeah. I like using her sometimes.

I usually only bring one Royal. Its usually either Nailah or Naesala. Naesala is my favorite of the royals cuz hes just not as broken as the others.

Actually, Paragon isn't free on her. Since you can always remove it and put on someone else, there's always an associated opportunity cost.

Itsd free in the sense she doesn't have to take it off to get blossom, like other units would.

Oh, yes, technically silver knight (F) is also a good endgame class because of their high spd cap and mount. Probably on par with Seraph Knights. The problem is, obviously, that both of the available silver knights in this game are terrible, but if you don't care about having to baby them, they can serve you well in 4-E.

Oh, yes, technically silver knight (F) is also a good endgame class because of their high spd cap and mount. Probably on par with Seraph Knights. The problem is, obviously, that both of the available silver knights in this game are terrible, but if you don't care about having to baby them, they can serve you well in 4-E.

What's wrong with Oscar? There's four (potential) Silver Knights btw...

[spoiler=Endgame Spoilers]Oscar is a pretty poor endgame unit, all-around. The female Silver Knights aren't a whole lot better (assuming you can even get them to a decent level). I'd certainly prefer a trained Seraph Knight, who can wield a Wyrmslayer (and even deal good damage to Dheginsea), double Sephiran and Ashera without Nasir, and, of course, fly.

Edit: Yeah, spoiler tags make sense in a topic like this. Sorry.

Edited by aku chi

The female Silver Knights aren't a whole lot better (assuming you can even get them to a decent level). I'd certainly prefer a trained Seraph Knight, who can wield a Wyrmslayer (and even deal good damage to Dheginsea), double Sephiran and Ashera without Nasir, and, of course, fly.

I agree somewhat with your first statement, but silver knight (F) is strictly better than silver knight (M) because they can double auras with Nasir. Seraph knight can do that as well, but dragonlord (M) and gold knight (M, F) can't.

And, to be completely honest, I'd rather bring silver knight (F) over any infantry. But I'd also bring seraph knight over silver knight (F) and dragonlord (M, F) and gold knight (M, F) over either of them assuming I fill out the rest of my unit slots with laguz royals.

Edited by dondon151

I agree somewhat with your first statement, but silver knight (F) is strictly better than silver knight (M) because they can double auras with Nasir. Seraph knight can do that as well, but dragonlord (M) and gold knight (M, F) can't.

And, to be completely honest, I'd rather bring silver knight (F) over any infantry. But I'd also bring seraph knight over silver knight (F) and dragonlord (M, F) and gold knight (M, F) over either of them assuming I fill out the rest of my unit slots with laguz royals.

Reavers and Marksman are good endgame classes. They have more damage potential than any of the mounted beorc (well, maxed Jill with a Brave Axe is slightly better than a maxed Marksman with the Brave Bow). And Marksman have the occasionally useful 3-range. If I were to make an endgame class tier list (assuming max stats), it might look something like this:

[spoiler=Endgame Class Tier List]

Herons

Rafiel

Reyson

Leanne

Caineghis

Tibarn

Giffca

Ike

Jill

Reavers

High