Pokemon SoulSilver Draft

Bluedoom

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He removed it. I might put one together in half an hour or so, because it's hard to make picks.

I thought seeing who has what pokemon on he OP helps and I noticed some errors with the orginal list.

I didn't find Mareep/Flaaffy on the list either, so I thought maybe other pokemon were not on the list. Or maybe I'm just not very good at reading a wall of text. xD

Also @ Overlord: So you're planning on going through the pokethon for the metal coat?

Oh wow, the metal coat really does appear pre-national dex in the pokeathlon! I had just assumed it was post-national dex only like the dawn/shiny/dusk stones. Would have been nice if they had offered us the razor claw/fang pre-elite four too, as opposed to having to rack up 48 points in the battle frontier just to evolve sneasel/gligar. Anyway, I was honestly just planning to snag the free one on the way to kanto and evolve when needed. With technician, wing attack is a 90 power move before STAB, so I don't think holding off evolution will be a problem. At some point however, I may want to switch over to swords dance + bullet punch. Blue comes to mind, as does Red if I ever get a chance to set up on him.

Thinking about it, this also makes Onix a much more viable choice then I had initially given it credit for. The benefit of an early steel type with base 200 defense, along with almost doubling onix's surprisingly poor attack stat, and a slightly better learned movepool (well, crunch, and the elemental fangs via heart scale) is definitely significant. I'm no longer surprised to see it go alongside geodude.

Edited by Overlord Zetta

How long does it take to get to Cinnabar island when you enter Kanto again?( like, which is the most logical order of gyms in Kanto and will Cinnabar be late?)

The kanto gyms are completely non-linear, and you could battle Blaine first if you wanted to. However, you need to repair the power plant before accessing Brock and Blaine, so following a logical progression he would probably be last before Blue. At minimum, you would probably fight Lt. Surge and Sabrina first, as they are directly on the way, but a more logical order is to explore all of east Kanto and then go to west Kanto. Blaine's levels are also second only to Blue IIRC.

Hm.. that leads pssibilities to one of my draftees I plan on... :/

Second last though, would seem real bad. :(

Also what does everyone think of using the same number of pokemon as the gym leader uses in every battle? Would seem more challenging, if you ask me.

Also what does everyone think of using the same number of pokemon as the gym leader uses in every battle? Would seem more challenging, if you ask me.

Honestly don't mind, as my drafting path puts me within that restriction no matter what for Johto.

I'm now gonna take Raikou (haha, you'll see why) and Tentacool/Tentacruel. My picks are starting to not make sense, are they?

Honestly don't mind, as my drafting path puts me within that restriction no matter what for Johto.

I'm now gonna take Raikou (haha, you'll see why) and Tentacool/Tentacruel. My picks are starting to not make sense, are they?

Tentacruel makes sense since you're using Typhlosion.

Seems you have a plan with Raikou, however.

Yeah, it's kinda what I want clarification on. Theorectically, I could have drafted a team of Dratini, Swinub, Jynx, Ursaring, Rhyhorn,Entei, and Raikou and I could go through the first 7 gyms without catching a draftable one.

I personally think we should all just agree to raise a team of 6, and they need to be roughly within 5 levels of each other when you beat the E4/Blue. As for the team you mentioned General Horace, while it wouldn't happen, Entei and Raikou are basically pre-leveled, so you would just need to grind 3 pokemon up to par by the end of the elite 4. If your starter is a little overleveled, that could be an exception as long as the rest of the team is well-leveled and it's clear it's not just a starter solo.

Finally, pokewalker Y/N? I'm guessing no since some people are emulating, but I want to ask because it makes pokemon like Kangaskhan, Murkrow and Elekid obtainable at a reasonable point in the game. Would it be so different from version exclusives?

Edit: List of remaining pokemon. Should be accurate, but there may be a mistake or two. Edit2: Added the rest of the version exclusives, because I'm so nice.

Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree

Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot

Ekans/Arbok

Sandshrew/Sandslash

Nidoran (f)/Nidorina/Nidoqueen

Nidoran (m)/Nidorino/Nidoking

Clefairy/Clefable

Vulpix/Ninetales (SS Exclusive)

Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff

Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume

Oddish/Gloom/Bellossom

Paras/Parasect

Venonat/Venomoth

Diglett/Dugtrio

Meowth/Persian (SS Exclusive)

Psyduck/Golduck

Mankey/Primeape (HG Exclusive)

Growlithe/Arcanine (HG Exclusive)

Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath

Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Politoed

Ponyta/Rapidash

Slowpoke/Slowbro

Slowpoke/Slowking

Magnemite/Magneton

Farfetch'd

Doduo/Dodrio

Seel/Dewgong

Grimer/Muk

Shellder/Cloyster

Drowzee/Hypno

Krabby/Kingler

Voltorb/Electrode

Exeggcute/Exeggutor

Cubone/Marowak

Tyrogue/Hitmonlee

Tyrogue/Hitmonchan

Tyrogue/Hitmontop

Lickitung

Koffing/Weezing

Rhyhorn/Rhydon

Chansey/Blissey

Tangela/Tangrowth

Kangaskhan

Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra

Goldeen/Seaking

Staryu/Starmie

Mr. Mime

Jynx

Magmar

Pinsir

Tauros

Ditto

Eevee/Vaporeon

Eevee/Jolteon

Eevee/Flareon

Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite

Ledyba/Ledian (SS Exclusive)

Spinarak/Ariados (HG Exclusive)

Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss

Natu/Xatu

Marill/Azumarill

Sudowoodo

Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff

Aipom/Ambipom

Sunkern/Sunflora

Yanma/Yanmega

Wooper/Quagsire

Murkrow/Honchkrow

Misdreavus/Mismagius

Unown

Wobbuffet

Pineco/Forretress

Dunsparce

Gligar/Gliscor (HG Exclusive)

Snubbull/Granbull

Qwilfish

Shuckle

Sneasel/Weavile

Teddiursa/Ursaring (SS Exclusive)

Slugma/Magcargo

Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine

Corsola

Remoraid/Octillery

Delibird (SS Exclusive)

Mantine (HG Exclusive)

Skarmory (SS Exclusive)

Houndour/Houndoom

Phanpy/Donphan (HG Exclusive)

Stantler

Smeargle

Miltank

Entei

Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar

Edited by Overlord Zetta

@ Overlord: Dude, don't cross through the names, just delete them to make things easier.

Also, i don't think anything that can only be found in Kanto should be listed, most are a way lower level than you're current team, and unlikely to be usable in time for Blue or Red without some grinding.