Pokemon SoulSilver Draft

Bluedoom

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Cyndaquil, I set out. 5% encounter rate for Rattata is annoying. The good thing is, Cyndaquil gets beefed up a lot. Eventually I come across one at lv. 2. sad.gif Needs a little grinding looking for Ledyba in order to be ready to fight. Sprout Tower is mostly dealt with by Ledyba (4x resistance!), but Rattata also gets some fed exp. Rattata soloes the gym trainers and Falk's pidgey, Cyndaquil handles Pidgeotto (gets a whole level-up from it too). Got the egg from the aide.

Time: 1.09

POKEMON      NATURE    LEVEL 	HP  ATK  DEF  SpA  SpD  SPE  
Cyndaquil    Bold   	13   	36  19   20   22   21   25
Rattata      Bold   	11   	30  17   14   11   15   23
Ledyba  Adamant 	9   	28   9   12   11   19   15

Edited by Dr. Will

Session 5:

So I get the water thing then head off to kill some people in the bug contest park place. Then I kill Sudowoodo and head for the tower.

Beating some trainers on the way, I get to Ecruteak. Beat the rocket in the dance hall. Beat Rival Kai. Beat the fire breathers. Freed the dogs... Entei will be mine, in more or less the same fashion as Manix caught his Raikou.

Just spoke to my Yanma. Apparently she nearly stumbled and fell. How the fuck I don't even know.

God damn it's taken like 5 encounters to get Entei to under 50% HP, using Yanma's Sonicboom. And recently both dogs were in the same area. I did not want to encounter Raikou.

And there, Entei must be down to his last 10 or so HP. Another Sonicboom will kill him. Saved. Time is 4:55.

I need something that will inflict a status problem on him. I should've kept Bayleef's Poisonpowder.

Oh well, quitting for now.

Bayleef Lv24
- Headbutt
- Synthesis
- Razor Leaf
= Magical Leaf

Golbat Lv24
- Wing Attack
- Confuse Ray
- Astonish
- Bite

Yanma Lv20
- U-turn
- SonicBoom
- Quick Attack
- Double Team

So time to save the Radio Tower! I use Quilly and Inky to beat my way to Petrel, with Inky beating Petrel. I rush through the Underground, beating Dennis really easily. I blast through the remaining Rockets, and get the Card Key. I take a small detour to grab 6 Calciums for Eevee (I want it to evolve, dammit). I save and check for evolvution using the Rare Candy I picked up at the Lighthouse. It's going to evolve on level up (L35). So I then proceed to take the remainder of the Radio Tower out. Eevee gets enough experience to evolve after I beat Ariana. I give it the Rare Candy to give it Psybeam. I lead Inky against Archer, dealing with Houndour and Houndoom with Surf, and Ez OHKO's Koffing with Psybeam. I saved the Radio Tower!

I fly to Mahogony Town after grabbing a Thunder and Bllizard TM, giving them to Blaster and Inky, respectively. Blaster also gets Strength for Ice Path. I rush through Ice Path, and immediately go to the Gym. Ez OHKO's Horsea's, Dratini's and a Seadra, and 2HKO's Dragonair's. I save before fighting Clair. Blaster kills Gyarados with Thunder. I set Inky up with an X Accuracy and an X Special. He still misses the KO on the first Dragonair with Blizzard. Manages to beat the second one with a OHKO. Kingdra required me to have Inky Bllizard Kingdra until he fell, Ez Psybeam to weaken, and bring in Blaster to finish it off. I clean up Dragon Den's single required trainer, deal with the test, and leave. I fly to Ecruteak City, and heal.

I begin fighting the Kimono Girls, Blaster managing to faint twice (crits don't help), and using my other Pokemon to support Blaster. I deal with them pretty easily. I go to heal after that, then save.

Name       Species    Nature   Lvl HP  Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
Quilly     Typhlosion Jolly    38  123 82  71  87  75  104
Ez         Espeon     Mild     39  111 63  60  138 83  102
Blaster    Raikou     Lonely   42  127 94  72  105 99  104
Inky       Tentacruel Timid    37  107 54  63  70  102 91

Total time so far: 5:14

I'm really liking how Espeon is turning out. :)

Edited by Manix

Ok, so i restarted cause I hated my timing. I didn't use frameskipping, and I did fast this time. Beat Falkners gym easily with the help of my Mareep( its a male this time, named it Charget) I'm gonna catch a hoothoot later.

Time: 0:57

Oh yeah, Charget solo'd sprout tower form his base level( wouldve kicked the last guy too if it wasn't for a crit from bellsprout.)

Leviathan(yes, continuing with the name) fainted against Falk's pidgeotto. *shakes head in disappointment* oh well

Oh, and I totally didn't know it was my pick. I'm going for Pinsir.

Edited by blues

Session 3

Managed to beat Morty. Heracross took out the first two Pokemon and Quilava burned Gengar with Flame Wheel which meant Heracross could 2KO with Aerial Ace. Worked my way to Olivine, reached the top of the Lighthouse, then went to Cinawood, catching a Chinchou along the way. I beat Chuck on my second attempt. On the first his Primape flinched me twice with Rock Slide, and then when I should have been able to KO his Poliwrath it Critikilled me. Got Fly, but don't have anything that can use it. Weepinbell is pretty much ditched as it's useless. Caught a Hoothoot, I could get Murkrow now but I'll wait till later. Jasmine's first Magnemite haxes Quilava to death, but Heracross almost sweeps, but is critikilled AGAIN. Chinchou does a decent chunk on Steelix, would've killed if not for Jasmine's healing.Revive Heracross on Weepinbell, and kill Steelix. Caught a Hoothoot.

Current Time: 4:14

Quilava (Level 27)
-Quick Attack
-Flame Wheel
-Headbutt
-Ember

Weepinbell (Level 21)
-Vine Whip
-Cut
-Stun Spore
-Sleep Powder

Heracross (Level 30)
-Brick Break
-Counter
-Horn Attack
-Aerial Ace

Chinchou (Level 20)
-Flail
-Surf
-Confuse Ray
-Spark 

All right, I'm spoilt for choice here. Not really.

I'm going for Drowzee/Hypno and Nidoran (F)/Nidorina/Nidoqueen.

Drowzees were available back on R34. I'm also very disatisfied with my time. Most of that was built up from my inability to breeze through the Bellsprout Tower and the first gym.

When I find the time outside of my University work, I'll be restarting with Cyndaquil, and I will be catching Entei when I get the Master Ball instead of trying to get him early and wasting time trying to bring his HP down.

Progress may be somewhat delayed, as I was just lent a copy of Final Fantasy XIII... or not, depending how long the game manages to hold my interest. So far, gameplay seems to be "walk down linear paths and mash A button," so it may not be long.

Okay, a bit of a change: I gave Flash to Ez instead, and Inky still gets Waterfall. I grab 2 Escape Ropes, and beeline for the northeast Whirl Island. Rushing through, using Flash to make sure I don't bump into stuff, and I trigger the dance cutscene, and initiate the fight with Lugia. My response? Run away like a little bitch. I actually fail the first run command, but make it out on the 2nd attempt. I don't need that experience. I Escape Rope out, and fly to New Bark Town, and proceed to bash my way through Route 26/27. Victory Road I run through, and I beat Dennis easily. Ez got 3 OHKO's, and also burned from my trip in. I leave, and immediately save. I go back in to retrieve the Earthquake TM. I go into Indigo Plateau, heal, and fly to Goldenrod to get X Items. I save before buying them.

Quilly     Typhlosion Jolly    39  126 84  72  90  77  107
Ez         Espeon     Mild     41  116 67  63  146 87  108
Blaster    Raikou     Lonely   43  130 96  74  108 101 106
Inky       Tentacruel Timid    38  109 56  65  72  105 93

Total time so far: 5:43

Beat up the dudes on my way to Azalea, Cyndaquil evolved. Beat up Union Cave, Rattata loved the Onix and Slowpoke exp. Beat up Rockets, Koffing's exp was also sweet. Beat up Gym trainers. Beat up Bugsy with Quilava after I managed to kill Scyther on the second attempt. Beat up Rival (luckily he had a Scary Face fetish). Beat up Kurt in order to get Heavy Balls. Beat up Farfetch'd for the HM. Beat up an Oddish and captured it. Beat up a tree. Beat up a Kimono girl. Beat up daycare peeps. Beat up more trainers. Beat up into Goldenrod.

Time: 2.35

POKEMON NATURE LEVEL HP ATK DEF SpA SpD SPE  
Quilava  Bold	19   56  31  35  38  34 41
Rattata  Bold	17   41  25  19  14  20 33
Ledyba Adamant  16   42  14  18  17  31 24

Edited by Dr. Will

Farfetch'd.

Just wondering, it says draft 7 pokemon. Does that include the starter, or do we pick another from Johto?

excludes starter.

but if you guys think these six are enough, I think we'll move to Kanto round once Manix finishes his 6th pick.

Session 2:

Ok, so long time since I updated. Here goes:

Leviathan sweeped through the Union cave quite easily. Evolved Charget against the rockets, and Leviathan evolved in the gym. Gyme was pretty easy to take down, with charget paralyzing Scyther and Leviathan sweeping afterwards. What a cool croconaw.

Then, Ilex forest time!... or not! I need a cutter, and it was around this time a drafted slowpoke. Got myself a slowpoke and HM slave rattata. Started training slowpoke through the forest. It learned water gun eventually, bu eh. It was hard trying to get it confusion.

THen we reached goldenrod and I made haste and caught Nidoran M. Waited for today and caught Pinsir, named Cuttress(female). Trained it to make it learn revenge, Nidoran evolved to Nidorino. Used both in the gym and Cuttess kicked butt. xD Also trained in the underground. Nidorino kicked Clefairy and Cuttress kicked miltank with easy.

Then Ecruteak city. I had trouble with my last rival fight, but this time I handled bayleef with Nidorino. THe pokemon to sit out of this battle was Charget. xP

The gym gave lots of training for Psy(slowpoke). It however, didn't do much against morty. It kicked the gastly, then came the first haunter and Leviathan finished it with bite. Then was Gengar. I had to paralyze it with Charget before taking it down with Levi. Levi also took down the last haunter. xD

Time: 4:46

My team looks pretty good so far, especially Psy and Levi.

Edited by blues

Edit: I think the Kanto drafting should start from the bottom. Not fair that the top gets first pick twice in a row.

Edited by V-Raven

Actually, I have a set plan for the rest of the game, drafting anything else would be superfluous. But if you really want me to draft something, I'll take Chansey/Blissey. For the Kanto round, you either randomly draft for me or skip me completely. I'm in a really good position right now, and I don't need any additional draft picks. (If I really need something else, I'll grab a Miltank from Route 47 (L37!))

Unless you're going to force me to use six Pokemon. Which wouldn't be cool.

V-Raven, I understand. I had exactly that in mind.

Manix, I guess I'll take you out of the round then, if you don't wanna draft anymore.

Session 3:

I accidentally go into Mahogany Town, how wonderful. Well, now that I'm here, let's get things done.

Psy really kicked a lot of pokemon here thanks to confusion. I pay 1000 to the rockets since I'm not interested in battling right now. Fight red gyarados, my my, it took down Charget! Oh well, Levi still finished it off.

Talked with Lance. Went to the hideout and kicked butt with Psy. Unfortunately he got poisoned and I lost Charget AND Nidorino to Petrel and Psy fainted too. Now I was stuck with Cuttress(Pinsir) and Leviathan.

Boss battle alongside Lance!

Cuttress got a level up, learnt brick break, and then fainted because of Murkrow. Leviathan stood there but I hjad to use a super potion and a potion to keep him standing....Dammit. He was paralyzed a few battles prior to this as well. >.<

With Leviathan as my last pokemon standing, I somehow have to take down those pesky electrodes. I do so with the first two, save before the third one, and my luck! I fainted! Restarted and this time it was much easier because of bad AI.

Surf my way back to ecruteak and I caught a female Vulpix. Lv 14 is bad with current team standards, but I think it'll be somewhat easier.

Time- 6:05

Edited by blues

So yeah, I'm now League Champion. How did I do it? Well, lets find out. Firstly, I bought 5 X Attacks, 25 X Specials, 15 X Defends, 15 X Sp.Defs, 15 X Speeds and 2 X Accuracies.

Will: I lead Ez and set up 1 X Defend (U-Turn on lead Xatu), 2 X Sp.Def and 3 X Specials (healing as HP gets low, occurs in all the following fights as well. Assume it.). Ez OHKO's everything with Shadow Ball once set up.

Koga: Lead Quilly, set up 2 X Defends, 3 X Specials and 1 X Speed. I OHKO Ariados, Forretress and Venomoth. I miss the KO on Muk and Crobat, but don't suffer much for it.

Bruno: Probably the easiest to fight. I lead Ez, set up 3 X Defend and 2 X Specials. I OHKO everything with Psybeam.

Karen: This took a bit of fiddling. I lead Quilly and spam Lava Plume against Umbreon. I force a healing item on it, and Quilly eventually falls, but Blaster comes in the revenge KO Umbreon with Thunder. Karen sends in Murkrow, just to be OHKO'ed by Spark. I swap into Inky for Houndoom, and fail to 2HKO with Surf, getting hit by a +2 Dark Pulse (2 HP left from max, no crit) and then a Crunch once a fail the KO. I swap Blaster in, use a Max Revive on Inky, Blaster falls very quickly, and Inky pulls off the revenge KO with 1 HP left from a Dark Pulse. I swap Ez in for Vileplume, and 2HKO it with Psybeam, copping a paralysis during. Against Gengar, I revive Blaster, Ez falls easily. And Blaster Crunches Gengar to death. Ugh, that was long.

Lance: If I said his Gyarados was the main problem, would you believe me? Well, it was. I set up Inky to sweep his entire team. I take 3 X Defends, 2 X Specials, 4 X Speeds and 2 X Accuaries. I find that Blizzard is a 4HKO on Gyarados. Can't have that. I manage to freeze it for a few turns while a chip at it using Poison Jab. I land another Blizzard to KO it after that. From there, I OHKO all 3 Dragonite's, his Aerodactyl as well. I just miss the OHKO on Charizard with Surf, so I cop an Air Slash to the face, reaching 11 HP, and forcing Lance to continually heal until he runs out of healing, and I KO Charizard. I'm now League Champ!

Quilly     Typhlosion Jolly    41  132 88  76  94  81  113
Ez         Espeon     Mild     44  123 72  67  158 93  116
Blaster    Raikou     Lonely   44  133 99  76  110 103 109
Inky       Tentacruel Timid    40  115 60  68  75  110 99

Total time so far: 6:11

Now for some opinions on how they went in Johto:

Quilly: Pretty much integral to the plan. Powerleveling it early made catching Raikou take less time, and also assisted me in being able to head east first to Mahogany instead to Olivine, and hence getting an earlier Exp. Share to get Ez up to scratch quicker. Being L36 when I went to get Inky was really good as well.

Ez: Pretty much dead weight early on, but is pretty much carrying my team now. I specifically chose it first pick for its ridiculously good lategame. I would have liked to had it at L36 with Psybeam at the start of Radio Tower, not the end of it. Oh well, it worked out anyway.

Blaster: My other strange pick. I needed to get it as early as possible to trivialize midgame. Its great base stats and high level allowed it to be useful until this point. From here, it will probably be the least used. (In a way, kinda like a Jeigan/Jagen/whatever you use.)

Inky: I choose Inky for its high base level and decent stats. I put those to decent use in some specific fights. Other than that, its fairly weak, but hitting common weaknesses is quite useful.

Magnemite: You forgot I used this, didn't you? I probably didn't need it for Rival #3, but I didn't want to use X Items at that point.

So, I have a really good plan for Kanto which will probably allow me to finish really quickly. If I'm feeling stupid after that, I'll take on Red with my drastically underleveled team. Yay!

*sigh* how do you guys get good timing? Is it because you raise less pokemon? >.<

Crap I wasted too much time at goldenrod. >.<

Anyways, Session 4:

After reaching Olvine and doing lighthouse stuff( crap that vulpix is so annoying >.<) I surf my way to cianwood, charget getting his training. Cuttress is real awesome even though she's low levelled. She has stats which can only match my croconaw's stats. xD

Battled Eusine and LOST. That electrode sweeped my team completely....( well, my flaafy had fainted in the gym and I didn't expect an encounter with him).

In the gym: Vulpix got a kill here, but most of the training went to flaay and nidorino. Or perhaps the exp was just spread out overall.

VS Chuck: Psy the slowpoke led here. Curse spammed and then took out primeape, but Poliwrath used up all my potions. Slowpoke STILL fainted but that was ok as charget was there to take poliwrath down with thunder.

surfed my way back to Olivine with superpotion in hand. My mother finally decided to by me a moonstone. How wonderful. Perfect timing.

Now with a Nidoking, I go to battle Jasmine. Nidoking deals with the first magnemite with minimal damage. It then takes to combined effort of Psy(with Surf) and Torrented- Leviathan( he had water gun now!) to deak with Steelix. Levi ten does residual damage before magnemite kicks his ass, but who cares? Nidoking just wipes the magnemite outta the place.

My timing's pretty bad: 8:10 >.<

Pokemon overwies:

Leviathan: He was carrying my team for a while, but is slowly declining. Maybe it awaits an evolution, but its almost there! Lv 29

Psy: Lol this dude here is carrying my team. He basically is a less offensive but more tankier Leviathan. Confusion is cool in tight spots, but I'll replace it with zen headbutt since my slowpoke has an attack boosing nature.- Lvl 26

Charget: The guy's pretty cool, but is currently one dimensional. Evolution will definetly make him a lot better, so here's hoping he gets there soon!- lvl 26

Nidoking: Well, he hasn't seen lots of action, but I can say with his new evolution, he's seriously gonna see a lot now. Low levelled, however.- lvl 23

Vulpix: Blast this thing. It basically took loads of my time, money and potions. Its ok now, but gosh. Probably the worst pick after hoothoot. Cool if you can train it, but horrible start- lvl 22

Cuttress: She is one tough pinsir, I tell ya. Even though she's only vl 23, her stats seem otherwise. Ok, so the Sp.def is low, but everything else is above average. Does serious damage to stuff. If she could have just OHKO'd those magnemites for me....

Wait, what the hell just happened?huh.gif I have more picks I need from Johto, don't restrict me now!

I'd imagine you can draft anyone you like, but Kanto Pokemon become unlocked for your 7th pick.

Beat Whitney. My original plan was for Ledian to sweep with Focus Blast, but I forgot about Rollout. So Quilava swept with Fire Blast instead. Passed Ecruteak, and went to get a Girafarig from Lake of Rage. I don't like my chances against RG, so going back to Ecruteak.

Time: 3.18

*sigh* how do you guys get good timing? Is it because you raise less pokemon? >.<

Hey, I've got 5 with a 6th coming up. I did think that the original intent of the draft was for everyone to raise a full team of 6, but since not everyone seems to have gone with that, I guess point is moot. I can't be assed to restart at this point, even if skipping Geodude and Jolteon completely would probably be faster and result in a stronger team. At this point, I kind of want to prove that raising a full team of 6 in a speedrun setting with 0 grinding is very possible.

And V-Raven, I really think that we should finish the current round of drafts instead of switching over to Kanto pokemon in the middle. Now everyone else (or at least Blues, not sure who else has gone) needs a chance to change their picks, and I'm not even sure who's turn it is any more. If Manix wants to opt out, that's fine, but we don't really need any more confusion. And The Smithy Gang! at least, seems to want more Johto pokes.

I should really update at some point... hopefully tonight, but it could have to wait until the weekend.