Pokemon SoulSilver Draft

Bluedoom

Very well. Also, as far as I know, I did get rid of the Kanto only ones. Point them out if I missed any. Several, like Hondour, Murkrow and Misdreavus used to be Kanto only, but are now available in the Safari Zone.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well. Also, as far as I know, I did get rid of the Kanto only ones. Point them out if I missed any. Several, like Hondour, Murkrow and Misdreavus used to be Kanto only, but are now available in the Safari Zone.

Shows how much i've been playing them.dry.gif

In that case, I don't remember any others, except maybe Pikachu and Cubone, possibly others. I guess it comes down to the pokewalker too. I never used it enough to know what you can really get.

Larvitar though, I doubt anyone would be able to use him without grinding 30-40 some levels in silver cave.

Pikachu you are correct about and I've removed it, but both Larvitar and Cubone are available in the safari zone now, well before the Elite Four. Whether Larvitar is viable is another question, but it is obtainable.

Pikachu you are correct about and I've removed it, but both Larvitar and Cubone are available in the safari zone now, well before the Elite Four. Whether Larvitar is viable is another question, but it is obtainable.

I'm sorry dude. I've only played SS once (blew through with Feraligatr). Barely used the pokewalker. Alot of what I remember is back with the original.

It's no problem lol. I was excited when I saw larvitar was actually obtainable in the main game playing HG, so I remembered that one for sure.

Edited by Overlord Zetta

Thanks a lot overlord for the help. Really!

Also, since I don't know anything about the Safari Zone in SS, is it accessible before the pokemon league? If so, what about the Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon that show up in the Safari Zone? Do we get those after the pokeleague, as usual?

Ok, I'm taking Nidoran M/Nidorino/Nidoking. :3

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/safarizone.shtml

As usual, Serebii is the gospel of pokemon. The Safari Zone is assessable after the Cianwood badge. On the page, you'll see 2 sets of pokemon for each zone. The first set of pokemon, around level 15-17, can be obtained pre-elite 4. The second set, with 3rd/4th gen pokemon in the 40s is post-elite 4. It seems, upon further inspection that Houndour cannot in fact be obtained pre-elite 4, though Cubone, Larvitar, Murkrow and Misdreavus all can. That would I believe make it the only non-legendary Johto pokemon that cannot be obtained in the first half of the game. Gamefreak sure loves to troll.

http://www.serebii.n...afarizone.shtml

As usual, Serebii is the gospel of pokemon. The Safari Zone is assessable after the Cianwood badge. On the page, you'll see 2 sets of pokemon for each zone. The first set of pokemon, around level 15-17, can be obtained pre-elite 4. The second set, with 3rd/4th gen pokemon in the 40s is post-elite 4. It seems, upon further inspection that Houndour cannot in fact be obtained pre-elite 4, though Cubone, Larvitar, Murkrow and Misdreavus all can. That would I believe make it the only non-legendary Johto pokemon that cannot be obtained in the first half of the game. Gamefreak sure loves to troll.

Ah, I got it.

This actually makes it reasonable to go after the hoenn safari pokemon(and sinnoh) later on, pretty cool. Of course, I'm allowing that in the kanto round.

Also, Larvitar can be captured at a higher level after E4, which isn't so bad when you're getting it at level 42. Still, 55 is a long way to go and I'm not exactly keen on going after such a pokemon, when its variety seems to be pretty mediocre unless you teach it TM's( really, the fangs are mediocre at best)

Snf crap@ houndour. Its such a useful pokemon but can be got after the E4.

Edited by blues

I don't understand how Bolting and Dr. Will have drafted 3 Pokemon when General Horace still has only 2 Pokemon.

Let's see:

Horace drafted Spearow/Fearow, not Dr Will. Dr Will drafted Rattata/Raticate. (Note this: it needs to be changed in the OP)

Blues has drafted Nidoran Male, so I believe it is your pick, V-Raven.

Edit: Assuming it's OK to change because blues hasn't picked his yet, I want:

Entei and Yanma/Yanmega.

Sorry for the messaround. I was in a rush when I was picking earlier and I didn't evaluate my options as I'd have liked. But now I'm satisfied.

Edited by V-Raven

Edit: Assuming it's OK to change because blues hasn't picked his yet, I want:

Entei and Yanma/Yanmega.

Sorry for the messaround. I was in a rush when I was picking earlier and I didn't evaluate my options as I'd have liked. But now I'm satisfied.

Its ok man. I'm still pretty mind-boggled with your selection though. xD

Sorry for my late pick everyone. A festival/family and friends kept me away from my comp.

I pick Vulpix/Ninetales.

Its ok man. I'm still pretty mind-boggled with your selection though. xD

Sorry for my late pick everyone. A festival/family and friends kept me away from my comp.

I pick Vulpix/Ninetales.

*facepalm* I logged in as guest. :|

Me again? Murkrow I guess but wher can you get him before the elite four ?

You get Murkrow in the Safari Zone- Swamp Area.( Basically sometime after Cianwood and you have to complete Baoba's two tasks.)

It comes at lvl 17.

Rhyhorn.

Incidentally, are there any rules about catching 2 of a drafted Pokemon?

No there aren't but now that you've póinted it out, I'm at a neutral stance here. Having two of one drafted pokemon seems a little overwhelming, but at the same time, you don't have diversity.

No there aren't but now that you've póinted it out, I'm at a neutral stance here. Having two of one drafted pokemon seems a little overwhelming, but at the same time, you don't have diversity.

My idea was to catch Rhyhorn at the Safari Zone and use it as a tank for a little while, then drop it and later catch another one at Victory Road to use in the E4.

My idea was to catch Rhyhorn at the Safari Zone and use it as a tank for a little while, then drop it and later catch another one at Victory Road to use in the E4.

In this case I'm gonna have to decline. You either catch one at the E4 or catch at the Safari Zone. Maybe I should put a rule for this.

EDIT: 2 new rules added.

Edited by blues

I personally think we should all just agree to raise a team of 6, and they need to be roughly within 5 levels of each other when you beat the E4/Blue. As for the team you mentioned General Horace, while it wouldn't happen, Entei and Raikou are basically pre-leveled, so you would just need to grind 3 pokemon up to par by the end of the elite 4. If your starter is a little overleveled, that could be an exception as long as the rest of the team is well-leveled and it's clear it's not just a starter solo.

This is something I want to address (before I forget). Considering there is no grinding currently (which I think is stupid, as grinding takes time, which you don't want to waste), raising a team of 6 is pretty much impossible. In a recent playthrough, I took a team of four through the game (Typhlosion, Ambipom, Heracross and Vaporeon), and got to the E4 at ~L44/45. And considering I took on most trainers, and didn't really grind, this shows that a team of 4 can struggle to get levels enough for the E4 anyway without grinding levels. Also, having considered that you may not want to fight some trainers to save time, this would impact your levels more.

In essence, one of three things needs to happen:

1) Keep the no grinding rule, and not be required to train 6 by the E4 (I'd estimate and average level of ~35-38 with 6, depending on team comp)

2) Strike the grinding rule and force training 6 by the E4 (probably not the best idea)

3) Strike grinding rule and allow whatever people want to do (Grinding takes time, so it's a disadvantage)

However, it should be noted that I'm not advocating a starter solo in the slightest. Maybe consider a minimum core team of 3 or 4, possibly within level restrictions as well (but not 5).

This is something I want to address (before I forget). Considering there is no grinding currently (which I think is stupid, as grinding takes time, which you don't want to waste), raising a team of 6 is pretty much impossible. In a recent playthrough, I took a team of four through the game (Typhlosion, Ambipom, Heracross and Vaporeon), and got to the E4 at ~L44/45. And considering I took on most trainers, and didn't really grind, this shows that a team of 4 can struggle to get levels enough for the E4 anyway without grinding levels. Also, having considered that you may not want to fight some trainers to save time, this would impact your levels more.

In essence, one of three things needs to happen:

1) Keep the no grinding rule, and not be required to train 6 by the E4 (I'd estimate and average level of ~35-38 with 6, depending on team comp)

2) Strike the grinding rule and force training 6 by the E4 (probably not the best idea)

3) Strike grinding rule and allow whatever people want to do (Grinding takes time, so it's a disadvantage)

However, it should be noted that I'm not advocating a starter solo in the slightest. Maybe consider a minimum core team of 3 or 4, possibly within level restrictions as well (but not 5).

I've used the team of six and still managed to get a range of 40-45( I dont, ever, remember grinding though)

I think this lvl is pretty good considering its E4 and the highest lvl is something around 52.

I think rule 3 seems to be the best, however. I'll just try to get thrugh without grinding I guess.

What if I catch and raise a Magikarp and get Gyarados, but then I want to swap it for the Red Gyarados later because its stats and nature are better?

What if I catch and raise a Magikarp and get Gyarados, but then I want to swap it for the Red Gyarados later because its stats and nature are better?

I don't know why you'd catch a magikarp in the first place, But honestly I'm not so sure about this. :/ I'll let others decide.