Sothe vs Heather

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In efficiency terms, Sothe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Heather. Try beating part 1 efficiently without Sothe, its impossible.

In cool terms, Heather>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sothe. Cause shes a lesbian and totally wants with neph and elincia. <3

I prefer Heather. Sothe seems to always have crappy speed which he kind of needs to be able to kill anyone. Also sothe is a lot more boring and not as cool looking.

In efficiency terms, Sothe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Heather. Try beating part 1 efficiently without Sothe, its impossible.

In cool terms, Heather>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sothe. Cause shes a lesbian and totally wants with neph and elincia. <3

How is Heather "cool"? I think you mean hot. :awesome: Also, what the hell is this shit about Sothe's Spd sucking.

How is Heather "cool"? I think you mean hot. :awesome: Also, what the hell is this shit about Sothe's Spd sucking.

Probably PEMN but I can sort of get on to that... after part 3, Sothe's speed just sucks :/ specially since he seems to despise his speed when he's being trained by me.

It's true that Sothe may have difficulty doubling in part 3 (Cats have 20-22 AS), but he doubles all the way from 1-2 to 1-E (barring, if you're unlucky, the very fastest of enemies in 1-E)

Yes, I know he has some trouble doubling Part 3 enemies, but it's nowhere close to being "crappy" Spd. Besides, he 1RKO's all Tigers with Beastkiller, so I only consider 3-12.

Sothe's Spd actually is somewhat low for his class. 45% growth doesn't even get him capping on average. Him sucking in part 4 is partially due to his inability to consistently double, not just his poor Str.

I'd rather have mediocre speed that is easily fixable through BEXP than Heather's abysmal strength that is less easily fixable. Sothe can start BEXPing at level 9. Heather can't until level 15. Guess who wins?

And moreover, Sothe has 40% more strength growth against Heather's 25% more speed growth. Another victory for Sothe, I think. And his base stats don't help. Overall, Sothe has more HP, STR, SKL, LUK, and DEF against Heather's er, MAG, SPD, RES and having to wait longer to BEXP them.

Edited by Anouleth

But Heather's Str isn't easy to fix at all. You need to get her to cap Spd, Skill and Res before getting any lucky later on...there's Def in the way. You'd really want to give Heather a Secret Book and a Talisman to BEXP slowplay her bad Str/Def up.

And Sothe has 35% Str growth over Heather.

Edited by Bedivere

But Heather's Str isn't easy to fix at all. You need to get her to cap Spd, Skill and Res before getting any lucky later on...there's Def in the way. You'd really want to give Heather a Secret Book and a Talisman to BEXP slowplay her bad Str/Def up.

You know what people are like. If you ever say something isn't "easy", they go off on "OMG I DO IT ALL TIME IS SO EASY LOOK AT MY CAPPED HEATHER".

Trust me, I've been doing this forever.

And Sothe has 35% Str growth over Heather.

I stand corrected.

Heather is more pleasing to my eyes (and not just because she's female), but Sothe wins in everything else. Even his characterization is better.

SOTHE

With Caineghis, Micaiah, Volke, Gareth and Ena close and a Stilletto...

Accuracy- 251

Critical- 51

Avoid- 165-185

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 42

Dodge- 45

Skill Activation- 53

Gamble activated with Caineghis, Micaiah, Volke, Gareth and Ena close by and Stilletto...

Accuracy- 126

Critical- 102

Avoid- 165-185

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 42

Dodge- 45

Skill Activation- 53

With Caineghis, Micaiah, Volke, Gareth and Ena close and a Baselard...

Accuracy- 271

Critical- 46

Avoid- 165-185

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 51

Dodge- 45

Skill Activation- 53

Gamble activated with Caineghis, Micaiah, Volke, Gareth and Ena close by and a Baselard...

Accuracy- 136

Critical- 92

Avoid- 165-185

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 51

Dodge- 45

Skill Activation- 53

VOLKE

With Caineghis, Bastian, Sothe, Gareth and Ena close and a Stilletto...

Accuracy- 245

Critical- 78

Avoid- 155-175

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 49

Dodge- 35

Skill Activation- 55

Gamble activated with Caineghis, Bastian, Sothe, Gareth and Ena close by and Stilletto...

Accuracy- 122

Critical- 156

Avoid- 155-175

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 49

Dodge- 35

Skill Activation- 55

With Caineghis, Bastian, Sothe, Gareth and Ena close and a Baselard...

Accuracy- 265

Critical- 73

Avoid- 155-175

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 58

Dodge- 35

Skill Activation- 55

Gamble activated with Caineghis, Bastian, Sothe, Gareth and Ena close by and a Baselard...

Accuracy- 132

Critical- 146

Avoid- 155-175

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 58

Dodge- 35

Skill Activation- 55

Some random calculations just thought I'd show you with max optimization and stats for Sothe & Heather... (Heather doesn't get a +10 crit, dodge bond though). (Best biorhythm btw.)

Volke with innate +25% Crit, Lethality, 35 Str, and 40 Skl cap he screws them both in the arse in terms of effectiveness and awesomeness. (I think he might have a Bastian +10 transfer bond though... not sure)

As for whispers in general they get a +10 luk cap over assassins woo! haha.

Basically comes down to assassins's doing quite a bit more consistent damage, criting more of the time by far, and slightly higher skill activation while trading off for lower crit dodge, lower avoid, and SLIGHTLY lower accuracy.

Edited by Lokiyuna

SOTHE

With Caineghis, Micaiah, Volke, Gareth and Ena close and a Stilletto...

Accuracy- 251

Critical- 51

Avoid- 165-185

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 42

Dodge- 45

Skill Activation- 53

Gamble activated with Caineghis, Micaiah, Volke, Gareth and Ena close by and Stilletto...

Accuracy- 126

Critical- 102

Avoid- 165-185

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 42

Dodge- 45

Skill Activation- 53

With Caineghis, Micaiah, Volke, Gareth and Ena close and a Baselard...

Accuracy- 271

Critical- 46

Avoid- 165-185

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 51

Dodge- 45

Skill Activation- 53

Gamble activated with Caineghis, Micaiah, Volke, Gareth and Ena close by and a Baselard...

Accuracy- 136

Critical- 92

Avoid- 165-185

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 51

Dodge- 45

Skill Activation- 53

VOLKE

With Caineghis, Bastian, Sothe, Gareth and Ena close and a Stilletto...

Accuracy- 245

Critical- 78

Avoid- 155-175

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 49

Dodge- 35

Skill Activation- 55

Gamble activated with Caineghis, Bastian, Sothe, Gareth and Ena close by and Stilletto...

Accuracy- 122

Critical- 156

Avoid- 155-175

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 49

Dodge- 35

Skill Activation- 55

With Caineghis, Bastian, Sothe, Gareth and Ena close and a Baselard...

Accuracy- 265

Critical- 73

Avoid- 155-175

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 58

Dodge- 35

Skill Activation- 55

Gamble activated with Caineghis, Bastian, Sothe, Gareth and Ena close by and a Baselard...

Accuracy- 132

Critical- 146

Avoid- 155-175

Attack Speed- 45

Attack- 58

Dodge- 35

Skill Activation- 55

Some random calculations just thought I'd show you with max optimization and stats for Sothe & Heather... (Heather doesn't get a +10 crit, dodge bond though). (Best biorhythm btw.)

Volke with innate +25% Crit, Lethality, 35 Str, and 40 Skl cap he screws them both in the arse in terms of effectiveness and awesomeness. (I think he might have a Bastian +10 transfer bond though... not sure)

As for whispers in general they get a +10 luk cap over assassins woo! haha.

Basically comes down to assassins's doing quite a bit more consistent damage, criting more of the time by far, and slightly higher skill activation while trading off for lower crit dodge, lower avoid, and SLIGHTLY lower accuracy.

Ya know, that's so great, but Volke isn't being questioned. Its Sothe vs Heather.

Volke is in a class on his own and was never a part of my question. Your information on sothe however is interesting.

Sorry, Sothe wins this one. It's not even a question. From his godliness in part 1 to his decent combat in part 4 to his thievery for much of the game, Sothe is an all-around good unit to have (although I'm hardly a fan of his third tier skill or crappy STR cap or his personality or...anything about him really, I can recognize his usefulness).

I once tried to level up Heather on NM/HM, but it really turns out she's hard to raise, with her doing 0x2 damage and gaining absolutely crap experience because of it (never can snipe kills, and doing 0 damage leads to like a 1 experience gain, unless I'm mixing up older FE mechanics somehow). But hey, at least her durability isn't crap---oh wait, nvm. Not going to bring her personality into this, athough I'm just going to say it beats Sothe hands down.

Meh. If only you could combine the two...wait...*jumps to fe7* oh Matthew~ <3

lol. i still like Heather. She just stole a bolting for me in part 3 X3

Sothe is a better fighter, but Heather can give him a fun for his money if she's trained right.

SOTHE

VOLKE

Leadership stars affect everyone under the commander (eg. Ike's are the only ones that matter in 4-E and he doesn't have to be nearby). I'm assuming this is why Cain is involved pointlessly. Either way, some of those calcs are wrong, from what I can tell.

Sothe with Stilletto and Gareth and Ena next to him has 46 atk (28STR + 8MT + 10 Blood Tide), not 42. And that's including the fact that I'm not entirely sure what Volke, Miccy, and Cain are actually doing in the equation.

Not reading all the posts.

In regards to capped stats, Sothe slightly beats Heather.

In terms of personality, I say I prefer Heather. Mainly because Sothe was a dick in Path of Radiance, which completely stays with him, forever. He could be a SAINT in RD, but his douchy behaviour in PoR, killed his character for me.

In terms of availability, Heather beats Sothe by far. Yes, in Part 1 he's FINALLY useful, and can deal quite a bit of damage, but he's the equivalent of PoR's Titania - already promoted, so you shouldn't use him. Plus, later on, he just becomes weaker.

The only reason I use Sothe, is because of his promotion in Part 4. Same with Micaiah. If those two didn't promote, Sothe would forever be level 1, and Micaiah would be level 1.

There is one other thing. Sothe is fucking forced. I LOATHE that. I can understand why Micaiah, Ike, Elincia, are forced, since they are the commanders, but Sothe? Sothe is just Micaiah's lover boy. He has no need to be forced.

Heather is completely optional, but I recommend training her 100%. Yes, her strength is a bitch to get up, but what I always do, is reset for her strength, and have her cap it, as soon as possible. That way, she can dish out damage, and steal heavy things sooner.

In short,

Stats: Sothe > Heather

Character wise: Heather > Sothe.

In terms of availability, Heather beats Sothe by far. Yes, in Part 1 he's FINALLY useful, and can deal quite a bit of damage, but he's the equivalent of PoR's Titania - already promoted, so you shouldn't use him. Plus, later on, he just becomes weaker.

It's generally accepted that you use prepromotes to soften enemies, then kill them with your weaklings. If you're not using Sothe... you're making Part I unnecessarily difficult for yourself.

Um, wow. Just wow. Not using Titania in PoR is a good way to add 100 to your turncount.

Heather is the best female thief in the whole series, not that it's saying much. She beats Sothe on personality, as well, but Sothe is the better unit. Though they don't really compete for spots most of the game.