Kay (1): Balcerzak

Lorddomu (0): Sho

Proto (1): Me

Psych (0): Me, Sho (be dead)

Shinori (0): Raymond

Sho (2): Obviam, Psych, Raymond, Lorddomu, Rothene

Snike (0): Me

Strawman (3): Ether, Obviam, Raymond

If I went and stuffed anythin' else, do lemme know.

1. If you have made any votes up to this point, please explain your reasoning for your choices.

Sho isn't contributing with anything. Besides, his arrogant posts looks like a way to hide his intentions. In any case, we've got nothing to lose.

2. Whom are you the most suspicious of, and why?

Sho... I think he's trying to dodge the subject by posting shit.

3. Whom would you currently trust the most, and why?

Obviam, although it could be his strategy. I don't trust anyone else. I chose him by elimination.

4. Have you noticed anyone who gave you the impression that they are deliberately trying to avoid making any meaningful contributions?

Well, it could be that Sho has a post restriction and that's why he's doing it... Checking the other Mafias he participated would surely answer this, but I'm too lazy for that. Meh.

**Rolling on the floor, layghing the everliving shit out of himself.**

Pro tip for domu,

1. Read

2. Think

3. Post

not

1. Post

2. Don't read

2. Don''t think

Reminder to self: Read everything even if the last post seems to sum it all up.

~~ I who stand in the full light of the heavens... ~~

It's like he's reading my mind

The answers provided by those who respond to these questions set the stage perfectly for the information I am gathering in the shitty image below.

Green arrows point from one player to another such that the player pointed at is seen as innocent by the other player.

Same with red, only this color indicates suspicion rather than belief in innocence.

An orange arrow indicates that the player pointed at is confusing the other player.

Double arrows are used for associations between players who have stated opinions of each other mutually, with a gradient of red and green as appropriate to indicate a difference of opinion of each other where present.

Obviously I need to study more graph theory or something because the image is all kinds of disorganized and thus hell to read.

MM0tX.png

Your fear of monsters seems unusually absent.

Also, what's up with you being all by your lonesome in that graph ^ up there?

##Vote: Strawman

I do have a prablem with it it's called "fuck you"

You see, even though we already "lynched" someone by having the person with the most votes die (somewhat unexpectedly), lynching remains our primary weapon.

We can't count on power roles we might not even have, just like in any mafia game. We have to attack the mafia the only way we can: educated guesses.

You're all welcome to vote not to lynch if you want, but I think it's a waste of our most reliable weapon (in terms of ammunition supply, not accuracy...that said, even a vig would be as inaccurate as us, and maybe moreso, especially in NOC).

Commence the jigglin' voting; I encourage a real lynch.

~~ ...call upon thee who openeth the gates of hell... ~~

Well about the PR, the hate of monsters thing. I had a choice of a few different PRs, I had until day 1 to make that choice. So on day 1 I decided to go with that one as it would be the most informative and helpful regarding helping people understand who my character is, etc. Why was there a choice? I dunno, ask the mods. Hiding my PR would just be suspicious.

And about your weird chart. Not particularly trying to meta here, but not accusing and not being accused is kind of what I do at the beginning of every game, no matter if I'm town or mafia. So I don't really see how that means anything.

And I understand lynching is "our most reliable weapon". I was actually planning on voting for someone today, until the modkill happened. With 1 town dead, why would you still want to lynch when probability says you are going to hit another town? Thats more town deaths than necessary. Also, since Sho was a lynch target before he was killed, I'd think thered be plenty of information to get out of that without having to be trigger happy.

Someone please enlighten me about why you all are voting on Strawman, because I really didn't understand why.

Your fear of monsters seems unusually absent.

Also, what's up with you being all by your lonesome in that graph ^ up there?

I'd be all by my lonesome self if Sho didn't vote on me, that doesn't say I'm one of the Adversaries.

About his fear of monsters thing, why do you think it's fake? Faking it is just plain useless unless someone wants to hide his/her true role. And besides, the fact that he's Nan doesn't prove that he's not a member of the Adversaries. Thus, he has no motive to lie about his role!

##Unvote: Kay

##Vote: Proto

Kay hasn't logged on since 7am yesterday, so leaving my vote on her isn't doing good, as unless she's doing the whole "browse as guest thing" she's not even gonna see it. (Don't worry, that vote will be back come Day 2.)

Proto on the other hand is another of my high-profile-I-need-to-watch-this-person's-movements-and-this-time-they're-seeming-suspicious- list. He has signed on incredibly recently, and yet had nothing to say.

Given the highly publicized modkill, among everything else, clearly there weren't any possible seeds for discussion, or anything he would remotely be interested in giving his opinion on.

And I understand lynching is "our most reliable weapon". I was actually planning on voting for someone today, until the modkill happened. With 1 town dead, why would you still want to lynch when probability says you are going to hit another town? Thats more town deaths than necessary. Also, since Sho was a lynch target before he was killed, I'd think thered be plenty of information to get out of that without having to be trigger happy.

Why would we still want to lynch? I will tell you why. Unless the Adversaries all go ahead and drop dead for no apparent reason, it is our only chance to win. The death of Sho is unfortunate, but it does not change anything about the fact that unless we take action, we are effectively just patiently waiting to be killed. Is it honestly that hard to understand?

Why would we still want to lynch? I will tell you why. Unless the Adversaries all go ahead and drop dead for no apparent reason, it is our only chance to win. The death of Sho is unfortunate, but it does not change anything about the fact that unless we take action, we are effectively just patiently waiting to be killed. Is it honestly that hard to understand? Time to say bye-bye!

It changes the fact that before there were none of us dead, now there is one of us dead. And for some reason you still want to lynch, and with the probability of lynching another town is higher than hitting a mafia, you seriously risk taking out 2 town in one day. Mislynching today in addition to the modkill essentially takes away a day from the town that we may need later on in the game, when we have more information, more suspects, possibly some people cleared. The night kill is still going to happen whether or not we lynch, but by lynching you're just increasing the chance there will be 3 of us dead tomorrow instead of 2.

But I doubt any of you will actually listen to this. :( dumb monsters.

All of a sudden, a man produces a scythe and knocks a knight out of the crowd. After a couple of quick slashes, the man launches his victim into the air, and twirls his weapon.

Yeager-CaressofDeath.png

, the man yells, as he blasts that pour soul away with his rifle.

A role PM remains where the knight once stood. Dhaos picks it up and reads it out as the killer desperately tries to hide among the crowd.

[spoiler=Vic's role PM.]

Dear Raymond,

You are Flynn Schifo, MISFIT Bodyguard.

ioqfya.jpgYou are a captain of the Imperial Knights, Yuri Lowell's best friend, and a generally nice guy. Your loyalty is admirable. You are here to guard Princess Estellise and Prince Ioder as they once again run headfirst into danger.

During the night phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X: Guard USER". You will stand by USER throughout the night, and if they are attacked, you will kill the assailant. You will die from your wounds, however, unless you are healed by someone.

You have mastered the Mystic Arte Radiant Dragon Fang. Once, when you are responding to a post 250 words in length or more, you may reply to the main thread "Now we end this!" The you are replying to will be instantly killed. This is as instant as when a host sees it, so do yourself a favor and draw our attention.

Posting Restriction: You are very formal, and as a result, you must speak formally. No contractions or slang.

You are allied with the Misfits. You win if all hostile factions are eliminated.

Raymond has died, you monsters. Phase continues.

So basically, whenever I happen to not be part of the mafia, the actual mafia instantly want me dead. So basically, I have to play badly on purpose or die.

Do you even realize how incredibly lame and cowardly that is?

##Unvote: Proto

##Vote: Shaman Ducky

Picking up the torch for Raymond here. A look at the votals revealed something I was concerned at, now that he is no longer with us.

His sudden death was the best possible thing that could have happened to the town.

If anything, I think Raymonds death takes all suspicion off of me.

Une minute.

Zero minutes.

:(

Poor me. A shark backed into a corner. So I bite a man and my penalty is death? Cruel cruel world. Cruel cruel monsters. Cruel cruel humans.

Strawman, or Yeager, ADVERSARY Tailor was brutally killed by the people of Terca Lumereis.

... Yay bad death flavor. THE ROLE PM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART ANYWAY.

[spoiler=YEAGER]

Dear Strawman,

You are Yeager, ADVERSARY Tailor.

Yeager.png

You are the boss of Leviathan's Claw, a guild that sells weapons. Your business has been going badly as of late, so you are here to eliminate some troubles to the Leviathan Claw economy- namely, some people.

At night, you may reply to your role PM "Night X: Creating an alter ego for USER: (insert role PM here)". For that night, that user will show up as the disguised role PM on investigations.

Once, when you have the majority vote or are to be lynched in 24 hours, you may reply in the main thread "Time to say bye-bye!" The poster before you will be instantly killed. This is as instant as when a host sees it, so do yourself a favor and message one of us about it.

Post restriction: You must choose an adhere to one of 3 posting restrictions: to hate monsters, to use a foreign word once per phase, or to make fish-related metaphors once per day/Night phase.

You are allied with the Adversaries. You win when all hostile factions are eliminated.

Additionally, you all notice that Proto is nowhere to be seen. He cannot be targeted and cannot talk in the thread until further notice.

~~ I who stand in the full light of the heavens... ~~

For those who are curious, here is where Strawman sealed Raymond's fate (highlight the quote that Strawman quoted).

Why would we still want to lynch? I will tell you why. Unless the Adversaries all go ahead and drop dead for no apparent reason, it is our only chance to win. The death of Sho is unfortunate, but it does not change anything about the fact that unless we take action, we are effectively just patiently waiting to be killed. Is it honestly that hard to understand? Time to say bye-bye!

It changes the fact that before there were none of us dead, now there is one of us dead. And for some reason you still want to lynch, and with the probability of lynching another town is higher than hitting a mafia, you seriously risk taking out 2 town in one day. Mislynching today in addition to the modkill essentially takes away a day from the town that we may need later on in the game, when we have more information, more suspects, possibly some people cleared. The night kill is still going to happen whether or not we lynch, but by lynching you're just increasing the chance there will be 3 of us dead tomorrow instead of 2.

But I doubt any of you will actually listen to this. :( dumb monsters.

It is unfortunate that he hid the text he needed inside of his quote of Raymond, thereby taking advantage of the fact that the board's software doesn't allow nesting of quotes automatically.

Clever, and he would have gotten away with it had we not correctly guessed he was mafia (the "choose your own adventure post restriction" B.S. wasn't sitting well with me).

I caught that oddity by reviewing his old posts, which I've done with all of you more than once to gather the information I've been posting. I encourage the town to review old posts constantly and keep track of which ones are edited and when. You should be doing this in any mafia game anyway, but especially in NOC when it's all you've got.

I will probably be targeted tonight; in fact I am insulted as well as surprised that I wasn't killed instead of Raymond.

Now I'll go through the posts since my last and respond appropriately...

First is Raymond stating that he was suspicious of Shinori and Strawman for choosing not to lynch which, for hopefully obvious reasons, is not good for the town.

I am not sure how far we should look into investigating Shinori but anything more than "not at all" is for the better.

Next Ether explains what had confused me; indeed, I do recall Balcerzak commenting that our post restrictions seem dubious. I will give him this as admittedly I am trying to be dubious. I imagine we all are for reasons someone (I forget who) has stated before and it's more pronounced in my case because my post restriction is retarded.

I could argue that Ether is being a bit of a sheep h...itself.

eclipse posted next with a votal. I love these and encourage at least one of you to keep them posted for us all, though I will say something seems off with eclipse. While it's true so far (at least from what I've seen) that mafia are apparently villains and town apparently allies against those villains from the Vesperia tale, it's still possible there are "good" guys who are actually mafia and as we've seen, Strawman wasn't even Nan. Even if eclipse is Raven she could be mafia, but perhaps she's only pretending to be Raven in the first place.

Interestingly however eclipse voted for Broto, which is a little more relieving for reasons I will get to, though I wish she'd organize the names in the votals chronologically as I voted for Strawman before Ether and these sorts of things are key to identifying scum at times.

Psych voted for eclipse after that, which seems just...inappropriate. Come to think of it, Strawman's Raymond hit was a supposed fluke and not the decision of excellent players fearing battle with yet another excellent player. Perhaps the mafia is composed of goons?

Next Raymond caught that eclipse missed Strawman's vote.

It is important for the mafia to dissociate from one another when making public and even private appearances (in OC games).

This is the tactic of empathizing with the townies and reacting or acting toward fellow mafia members as one expects a townie would, nonchalantly disregarding each others' alliance to better appear unaware of things as a townie would be. This aids them in avoiding making suspicious mistakes, such as voting together at inappropriate times or appearing to know something they shouldn't, or being viewed as an accomplice when the other member is caught.

The important word is "empathy"; unless a mafia member can properly visualize themselves as a townie and even convince themselves that they are one, dissociating from their allies to preserve themselves or their friends will be nigh impossible unless the mafia member has the (mis)fortune to die so soon that there are too few messages of theirs, public or not, to glean anything from.

What I'm suggesting is possible is that eclipse, if she were mafia, was ignoring Strawman's posts to avoid reacting to them suspiciously and in her haste thus missed his vote, which would be ironic as avoiding a mistake would be what caused her to make one (not an uncommon way for mafia to screw up, I'd say).

More startling however is Sho's apparent correctness in suspecting Lorddomu. He already had because of Lord's flaky reasoning but then Lord tried to pin garbage on Sho after Sho had already died without even realizing that Sho was dead already. Now, one could argue this makes him appear innocent because if he were mafia, wouldn't he know of Sho's death?

If you consider Strawman's decision, though, it looks more like it was rushed and not necessarily discussed with his allies...then perhaps Lord's actions were such that he was intent on causing a mislynch still and was not aware that the job had been done for him.

Also note that Lord joins the ever increasing ranks of people who "trust me". Note that it is a common mafia tactic to feign trust in a strong town player as a means of associating with them and appearing innocent as such. Many of those remaining who are mafia could even be the very people who supposedly trust me.

Following Lord's post, Strawman attempts to defend himself. His defense was poor if you ask me and only made me happier I had voted for him.

Next Lord apparently defended Strawman by saying that my reasoning for targeting him was lacking in substance. HM...

Balcerzak raises an interesting point regarding Broto, that Kay has plain not been around but Broto has and yet the two of them remain silent...and accordingly votes for Broto.

Raymond then harped on Strawman for attempting to encourage lynching no one, at which point Strawman assassinated him.

Strawman notably referred to US as the "dumb monsters" he was supposedly so upset about, whom he previously had referred to as an imaginary third party. Oh, WE'RE the monsters now? Why, because we've defeated you? Classic mafia butthurt, whether he intended it to be or not. One of those weird psychology things.

##Unvote: Proto

##Vote: Shaman Ducky

Picking up the torch for Raymond here. A look at the votals revealed something I was concerned at, now that he is no longer with us.

His sudden death was the best possible thing that could have happened to the town.

The vote flip-flopping is a little *grunt*, but he has a point - Raymond's vote switch is what put Strawman in danger and then suddenly Raymond was dead. HM

Now, regarding Broto. He was kidnapped, but what purpose is there to that? This is NOC, so he can't talk to anyone outside of the thread, but now he's kidnapped so he can't talk at all.

However, Broto hasn't been talking as Bal has kindly pointed out, and it's a common mafia tactic to kidnap one of your own to protect them - it makes them invincible, after all.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Broto is actually one of the remaining mafia.

Well, that's all that's happened since my last post, but the posts before it might contain some overlooked information.

~~ ...call upon thee who openeth the gates of hell... ~~

I like making myself as suspicious as possible by vote-flopping all the time, Obviam.

I misconverted GMT though, and thought that the day was going to end imminantly in a three-way tie (2 votes apiece for: Sho, Proto, Strawman).

[spoiler=3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked.][16:55:23] <Snike> uh

[16:55:29] <Snike> is there <snip> in your post

[16:55:36] <Balcerzak> <snip>

[16:55:44] <Snike> <snip>

[16:55:45] <Balcerzak> <snip>

[16:55:53] <Snike> yeah

[16:55:57] <Snike> so uh

[16:56:01] <Snike> what is with the votals?

[16:56:32] <Balcerzak> If I trusted eclispes tally

[16:56:36] <Balcerzak> there were 2 for Sho

[16:56:41] <Balcerzak> and then only two left for Strawman

[16:56:48] <Balcerzak> after raymond disappeared

[16:56:51] <Snike> I c

[16:56:56] <Snike> and uh

[16:56:58] <Snike> two for Proto

[16:57:07] <Balcerzak> that too,

[16:57:15] <Balcerzak> a three-way tie would be terrible though

[16:57:19] <Snike> Nl

[16:57:21] <Snike> NL*

[16:57:24] <Balcerzak> exactly

[16:57:30] <Balcerzak> in otherword, terrible

[16:57:35] <Snike> true

[16:58:24] <Balcerzak> I probably should have waited a little longer to votechange, but didn't want to ninja a host

[16:58:34] <Snike> Phase ends in an hour

[16:58:44] <Snike> because we forgot about dst

[16:58:45] <Balcerzak> oh, I misjudged the conversion?

[16:58:52] <Balcerzak> fuck, dst happened?

[16:58:56] <Snike> yesterday

[16:59:03] <Balcerzak> for serious

[16:59:06] <Balcerzak> holy crap

[16:59:09] <Balcerzak> I never noticed

[16:59:12] <Snike> In the states and Canada

[17:00:17] <Balcerzak> http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/240286/20111031/daylight-saving-time-2011-ends-nov-6.htm

[17:00:27] <Balcerzak> ...?

[17:00:33] <Snike> wait what

[17:00:39] <Snike> it said the 30th

[17:00:40] <Snike> for me

[17:00:50] <Snike> They changed it

[17:00:52] <Snike> augh

[17:01:27] <Balcerzak> let me go check the actual gmt time

[17:01:39] <Snike> it's like 9 now or something

[17:02:24] <Balcerzak> yes

[17:02:33] <Snike> 58 minutes

[17:02:33] <Balcerzak> so there is one hour to go, I just flubbed the conversino

I did what I had to do. If I hadn't, we'd still have +1 adversary on our hands. I even spent the last hour, refreshing the page, trying to see if somebody else was going to ninja in, or to see who else would look at the page with or without acting (lorddomu, kirsche, Levantamos, Obviam, Snike, LukaMegurine, were all names that showed up in the little bar prior to update, and then after phase stop I recall Ether also making an appearance, as far as I remember. I can't prove this, because screenshotting the hovertips is illegal, so I foolishly closed the tabs without making a 100% accurate record.)

I promise I will be back to my regularly scheduled programming tomorrow. I appreciate that you're paying very close attention to things that appear fishy, and just need to say that I don't care if I have to do something that looks me personally appear suspicious if I think it will benefit the town.

More startling however is Sho's apparent correctness in suspecting Lorddomu. He already had because of Lord's flaky reasoning but then Lord tried to pin garbage on Sho after Sho had already died without even realizing that Sho was dead already. Now, one could argue this makes him appear innocent because if he were mafia, wouldn't he know of Sho's death?

My reasoning wasn't suspicious at all. I just voted him because he appeared to be scummy and didn't seem to be a good player. Isn't that how the Mafia games work? The first day sometimes hardly gives you any ideas, so your best bet is to lynch someone even if you've got weak motives.

I was wrong about him, by the way. He's a great player from what I'm seeing on the Agent Mafia, I'm the trully scummy one. :/

If you consider Strawman's decision, though, it looks more like it was rushed and not necessarily discussed with his allies...then perhaps Lord's actions were such that he was intent on causing a mislynch still and was not aware that the job had been done for him.

That's just a newbie's mistake. I've played games in which you must vote for someone to be "lynched", suspecting him of being the Serial Killer (one man Mafia agaisnt all the innocents actually), but it's too risky to do it because your side loses if you're wrong, which is why we search everything suspicious first in order to make a proper judgement. It's not like in these Mafia games which you pick the most suspicious people and get another day if you fail.

That's why I reacted to Strawman's lynching like that.

Also note that Lord joins the ever increasing ranks of people who "trust me". Note that it is a common mafia tactic to feign trust in a strong town player as a means of associating with them and appearing innocent as such. Many of those remaining who are mafia could even be the very people who supposedly trust me.

That would be true, but as you know I have been away from the Mafia games for a while. Also, if you check, I haven't posted in any of the RPGs I've joined since a long time too. What I mean is, I was away while you were gaining popularity.

Following Lord's post, Strawman attempts to defend himself. His defense was poor if you ask me and only made me happier I had voted for him.

Next Lord apparently defended Strawman by saying that my reasoning for targeting him was lacking in substance. HM...

He defended himself because it's the only logical thing to do when you're about to get lynched. It has nothing to do with siding with another Mafia player and asking him for help. Also, I've explained you already why I reacted like that.

Ah, your post was fun. It reminds me of Ace Attorney~ But I'm not the one you're looking for, search somewhere else.

Three souls had arisen to the heavens already... or rather, two souls. The deeds of the fallen adversary would surely not find him a place in heaven. Taking the time to place small bouquets of flowers near the hasty graves of the fallen misfits. The now more solemn girl took a rather long while in front of the grave of Flynn Schifo... tears streamed down her face without abandon. He was a good honourable man, and would be missed dearly, not just by herself. Wiping the tears from her eyes, the girl stood silently, before turning to the remaining of those who had gathered for this event... this game...

"We... we can't let ourselves be discouraged... just because those close to us have died... Sir Schifo... no, Flynn put his life on the line to give us Yeager... and today, though tragic, was not a waste... as we have come one step closer to freeing us all from the grip of our adversaries." The girl announced, hoping to try and rally those who were still alive.

"Sleep with one eye open, please... I... I won't forgive anyone who lets themselves get killed for nothing... so please... be careful..." She finished, wiping her eyes once again before heading off to find somewhere nice to sleep.