Please, SF Blog, let this tomfoolery stop.

Integrity

There has been a disturbing rising trend in users who have been modifying their fonts, especially colors.

AND ALSO ESPECIALLY SIZES AND PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN ALL BOLD AND ITALICS

Now, this is far from the place to name people, so I won't. Instead, I will simply do a public service announcement:

Colored fonts aren't cool. They make you stand out, which is probably what you hoped for, but not in a good way. I make a point of ensuring that any friend of mine who starts posting in colors stops very promptly.

Responsibility starts with you. Tell your friends, make them see the light of black. Keep legibility on this forum.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we not change typefaces, either? Some of the font changes I've been seeing quite literally hurt my eyes to try and read in forum posts. This is even without bringing my irrational hatred of Comic Sans into things-- can we just not use serif fonts for forum posts? please? especially not bolded?

Can we not change typefaces, either? Some of the font changes I've been seeing quite literally hurt my eyes to try and read in forum posts. This is even without bringing my irrational hatred of Comic Sans into things-- can we just not use serif fonts for forum posts? please? especially not bolded?

What's wrong with serifs? They're comfy and easy to wear.

That was all covered in the first line, Kiryn. It's just FAR more frequent for people to just change colors.

I felt the need to emphasize, because it bothers me more than most color changes. (Some colors are also just terrible though.)

What's wrong with serifs? They're comfy and easy to wear.

I'm going to kill you, and all the cake is gone.

That's like saying a murderer who has been a murderer for three years can stay a murderer because they've been one that long.

Nah.

Color changes are just obnoxious, and most people aren't even /consistent/ with it which is part of why it's so dumb

like they do it half the time

if they did it all the time, I probably wouldn't be as irritated.

Sorry, Integ, but I'm not gonna change this just cause people don't like it =b

That's like saying a murderer who has been a murderer for three years can stay a murderer because they've been one that long.

Is colored font really that harmful??

Edited by Freohr Datia

Hyperbolic today are we

That's like saying grabbing all the kitkats left in a box (a total of 2) is comparable to Hitler's attempt at destroying everything

your line of logic is obviously flawed

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

I've been red since my first ever post on this forum, I think.

While writing my intro topic, I thought to myself, "hey let's stick with this Raven theme and have red text. I'm probably gonna drop this forum within a few weeks or even days anyway."

Now look where the fuck I am.