Duel Terminal 2 Mafia

eclipse

so you went to 6 and less? >_> Sorry, that could mean "I went to a lower number" or "I went to a higher number, which means a lower priority"

inb4igetmodkilledfortalkingaboutpriority

It would sound ambiguous no matter what, I think. Yes, meaning the number is somewhere from 1 to 6.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decisive Armor finds this discussion amusing.

Read the rules on priorities, and make sure to ask the mods if you have questions, because I will be in shoot first, ask questions later mode for this. You have been warned.

That's okay, I've got everything under control for the time being.

Votals:

[2] Domu: Snike, Haze

[1] Rothene: Haze, Sho

40 and a half hours left. If clipsey's mouse prevents her from updating at the specified time, expect the update to happen later than that, as I'm asleep at that hour.

This is foolish. You have no reason to vote me. Our timezones are different and the topic is pretty big itself, sorry.

I was reading the topic, which made me learn about Rothene's case. I wouldn't vote him, because the Doc is important agaisnt the Mafia, and they'll most likely target him. That's exactly what I don't like on Mafia games: Minimal reasons to Lynch = A good reason. Go find a better target, plx.

Lorddomu. Since you seem like you might be somewhat new, and I don't ever remember playing with you directly before, some advice.

First,

The reason you're being voted for is because your predecessor contributed nothing, and so most people have no real handle on what type of role you have, or perhaps most importantly even what faction you are. At this stage in the game, suspicions are starting to default to "If not doing a good job of proving they work for the town, they're likely with the mafia".

Second,

Notice how all of the votes on Rothene came before he claimed, and have all since disappeared after? Nobody wants to lynch an uncontested doctor claim, because as you said, important anti-scum weapon. The thing was, his behaviour prior was confusable, and mistakes can be, and are made. As a town, we try to minimize the impact of these mistakes as best as possible.

Third,

"Go find a better target?" Suggest one, with reasons that are better than the so-called "minimal ones" levied against you. If the evidence is compelling, people will be swayed. If you cannot, simply attempting a weak deflection will not help your case.

Yes, I understand you're coming into a game with a lot of history already, and as a frequent sub I know this can be challenging. I think I'll stick with my prior claim of not putting the vote on you until my previous deadline for Wen, to give you enough time to get your bearings, or for other developments to potentially spring up.

Speaking of other developments, I am still not quite sure I am ready to figure out how to navigate the potential minefield that is talking about Rule 21. I will hold off on that for now. The only suggestion would be for Kay to as soon as possible, stop accidentally roleblocking the doctor, but that's so obvious a conclusion it scarcely needs saying. Then again, the manner in which to effect that conclusion is less obvious, given how, if I'm reading things right, Doc was blocked in consecutive nights while there was a change in the "disturbance in the force" emanating from Kay between those two nights, so it's hard to say whether it is a before or after matter that needs to be avoided...

Frustrating incomplete information = Mafia business as usual.

Lorddomu. Since you seem like you might be somewhat new, and I don't ever remember playing with you directly before, some advice.

First,

The reason you're being voted for is because your predecessor contributed nothing, and so most people have no real handle on what type of role you have, or perhaps most importantly even what faction you are. At this stage in the game, suspicions are starting to default to "If not doing a good job of proving they work for the town, they're likely with the mafia".

Second,

Notice how all of the votes on Rothene came before he claimed, and have all since disappeared after? Nobody wants to lynch an uncontested doctor claim, because as you said, important anti-scum weapon. The thing was, his behaviour prior was confusable, and mistakes can be, and are made. As a town, we try to minimize the impact of these mistakes as best as possible.

It's good to see I was mistaken.

Third,

"Go find a better target?" Suggest one, with reasons that are better than the so-called "minimal ones" levied against you. If the evidence is compelling, people will be swayed. If you cannot, simply attempting a weak deflection will not help your case.

Even so, minimal reasons may end up killing a Town member. I know it's impossible to make exact predictions, but choosing the wrong target oftenly will help the Mafia. Maybe it's because I'm a new player, used to a game in which you need to think thrice before voting agaisnt him (voting on the wrong player = Game Over), but I'd still rather have a better reason to lynch just to be sure.

Yes, I understand you're coming into a game with a lot of history already, and as a frequent sub I know this can be challenging. I think I'll stick with my prior claim of not putting the vote on you until my previous deadline for Wen, to give you enough time to get your bearings, or for other developments to potentially spring up.

It's unfair to vote me because of Wen's absence. Due to timezones, I only received Clipsey's MP on the morning.

I'll see if I can post something constructive, if I don't die first.

Uh, unless you're an AC, we can't be entirely certain.

But he is town enough for now.

Anyways, my vote still stands until you give us something productive.

Fine then.

What are the chances of the Mafia having a Roleblocker/Neutralizer and Investigator? I think it'd be pretty lucky from the Mafia to find out who the Doc is by mere coincidence (and intuition) and roleblock him every night, and it's stupid for a Town Roleblocker to bother with it... Unless he suspected Rothene from the very beginning, and thus will stop doing this now.

If my line of logic is right, the Town Roleblocker is responsible for Rothene's lack of action (I don't remember when he claimed Doc), and will stop doing this from now on. If I'm wrong, the Mafia has a Mafia Roleblocker/Neutralizer. Either way, I'll need your responses as quick as you can, because I'll be inactive for the most part of the day tomorrow (and thus, since you are so inclined to lynch me because there's no other sub of an inactive guy, I'll die before it actually happens). I could be lying, but I also could be serious, and you've got nothing to lose from it.

Roth dies tonight. Its fated to happen

And tonight, we dine in Hell! *flees*

I don't think he will, because they had opportunities to do it before. But ok.

What are the chances of the Mafia having a Roleblocker/Neutralizer and Investigator?

Pretty likely.

If you're claiming town roleblocker, speak now, or forever hold your peace, sir. Otherwise, I am content to lynch you, as you haven't really provided anything to encourage me otherwise.

Domu seems to be acting pretty townish now.

He still seems evasive, though he is less overtly suspicious now that he's calmed down a little.

I guess I'm having a little trouble reading him. Still not sure if I want to try to talk about rule 21, though eclipse seems to be on, so maybe I'll run things over with her. It's possible that the dividends from that line of discussion were nearly already exhausted already.

I may have to go back and look through the thread again to see if there is anyone who had done a significant amount of posting without producing a significant amount of content, rather than simply continuing to focus on those who are not doing much posting at all.