Who prefers Bishop to Sage?

Which ever I feel like. I actually have a bit of a problem with the magic users in this game, since they retained the original universal magic--there's not really much difference between the magic users now. It's mostly take your pic and they'll perform the same.

I tend to choose the opposite class to what I've promoted from. It means that you're not stuck with E ranks in magic/staves. I agree with Celice, magic users seem pretty homogenous, there's not really much of a difference between the 3 promoted classes.

I generally do what Dokatyuu does. So for Merric/Linde (actually just Merric...) or someone I reclassed to mage, I prefer bishop, and for Lena/Wrys/random cleric I prefer sage. Unless they're borderline on 2HKOing/doubling or something and the other class helps them more than the extra WEXP, but I don't recall that happening too often.

I almost always use Sage, as sage has a higher innate tome rank and if I want to train Merric in staves, I'll have him do it as a priest(Lena needs NO help whatsoever in staff rank.) The only time I ever use Bishop is so Lena can tank Gharnef's Maph better in Chapter 15(even in H2, he's rocking 23 atk hitting res. Against a Bishop!Lena with 18 res with no barrier, he does 5*2 out of 24-26HP or a 3RKO. The same Lena as a sage is taking 8*2, or a 2RKO.)or if I need Bishop's extra WEXP to use certain staves(e.g. My Merric needed to use Bishop for his first 5 promoted levels so he could use Physic as I only raised his staff rank to a D and a half as a priest.)

Outside of weapon ranks, Sages get +2 Str, +1 Mag and -3 Res compared to Bishops so I consider Sage the superior class. I have been making use of the Bishop class in my Mages Only run but they've mostly been as overflow for the Sage class.

I use them depending on the goals of my chapter. If I need, say, Lena or Merric to have a bit more mag, I put them to sage. Conversely, if I want something with a nicer staff rank, I go for bishop.

I don't think there is any reclassable unit I keep consistently within a class, actually. Usually I have my units be proficient in at least 2-3 classes.

I tend to choose the opposite class to what I've promoted from. It means that you're not stuck with E ranks in magic/staves. I agree with Celice, magic users seem pretty homogenous, there's not really much of a difference between the 3 promoted classes.

What's the other one?

Honestly, in this game, bishops and sages look pretty damn identical IIRC. Pretty lame if you ask me, I don't even see why they made two different classes in the first place (it was just one in the original, and that worked well enough). Sages...have a cooler name?

If I have only male or mixed-sex magi, they go bishop. If only female, they go sage.

Why? The male sage animation sucks, but the female's is slightly better than the fem. bishop. The male bishop is my favourite mage animation of the lot. That's seriously it.

Sage...because I prefer fielding scholars over preachers in my army. You have any idea how cruel it is to have someone condemn your beliefs just as you are about to be blasted to oblivion? Then again having someone discussing the meaning of life to you in your final moments can get kinda iffy...

The male sage animation sucks, but the female's is slightly better than the fem. bishop. The male bishop is my favourite mage animation of the lot. That's seriously it.

Pretty much this.

Since I play with max stated characters, they destroy everything anyway. I hate the Male sage animation. :/

I also pretend that there are still three types of magic, and that bishops can only use light...