H5 Playlog

although i've never played Gaiden

You need to change that regardless of if you do a log of it or not because gaiden is awesome

Also can't you just make Lena a Sage and arms scroll her rather than bothering with training her? Or would you drop to below A staves or something if you did that?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to change that regardless of if you do a log of it or not because gaiden is awesome

Also can't you just make Lena a Sage and arms scroll her rather than bothering with training her? Or would you drop to below A staves or something if you did that?

oh haha you're right, how come I didn't think of that

:facepalm:

[spoiler=Chapter 17]Units Deployed: Marth, Shiida, Cain, Ogma, Barst, Lena, Hardin, Wendall, Minerva, Catria, Palla, Beck

General Notes: Chapter 17 is a really easy chapter. You have to trigger the reinforcements, and they aren't very powerful at all, so they really aren't that much of a hassle. The only two strong enemies are also 100% avoidable, as they only move when you go in their range (like, more or less all of this map actually). The treasure room has some nice stuff in it, make sure to raid it when possible.

Just don't let the thieves run off with your warp staff! Who cares about the devil sword.

WTcJ1.png

ok this looked better when i saw it earlier, all i did was cross out most of his stats :facepalm:

anyway, the boss here is totally invulnerable to all magic, and hits resistance. Mage stones also reduce speed for some reason ;/

gyKLV.png

If you want the lategame statboosters, get this item! It's pretty hard to miss though.

ClrGe.png

Look out for these guys, they break their caps! So he actually has 24 26 AS! Proceed with caution.

XsDwS.png

hahahaha you go level 5 Marth

QnsSv.png

again demonstrating how ballista are so amazing. It's great when you can KO mages without taking counters or using a silver.

3fvwW.png

see, Barst has 18 AS, and is being doubled by this guy.

5RXqa.png

catria still sux

C29ZD.png

Make sure you're healthy enough to take out all these guys, in my case here, I had beck hit this bishop to avoid a counter, and barrier allows her to take on the sniper and other bishop safely. Did I mention ballista are awesome?

BI4KQ.png

Learn to love these staves in lategame. Preserve them for now.

R7O3f.png

this is what strategy looks like

eLc0g.png

Minerva is being kept viable for this point through sheer will to continue proc'ing defence and speed

JwTII.png

I don't know why this is here

maybe i was trying to capture the reinforcements or something. Now that i've mentioned them, they trigger when you open the door, I think.

gZ6hx.png

Secret shop is right here, but if you're reading this, i'm sure you knew that already.

gZ6hx.png

There are some nice weapons for sale here, particularly the Wyrmslayer and killers. If you're fond of Snipers (i'm not) you might want to pick up a longbow or two as well.

poll and unit stats going up shortly

but a question that needs no poll, I have an energy drop, spirit dust, skill book, speedwingx2, and dracoshieldx2 hanging around, who gets them, i'll leave it up to you guys to decide since it doesn't matter to me.

Also, only mention units that I list in the unit stats for statboosters please.

UNIT     CLASS            LEVEL    HP  ST  SK  SP  LC  DF  RS  WEP LEVEL
MARTH    LORD             05.97    22  07  04  08  10  07  00  D SWORD
SHIIDA   DRACOKNIGHT   12/06.44    34  13  16  23  22  14  03  A LANCE E SWORD
CAIN     CAVALIER         13.67    28  11  09  14  09  12  00  C LANCE C SWORD
OGMA     MERCENARY        16.00    33  11  15  15  10  08  00  A SWORD
BARST    FIGHTER       16/04.19    38  21  24  18  13  12  03  A AXE D SWORD
LENA     CLERIC        20/02.66    25  09  13  11  17  05  18  A STAFF E TOME
HARDIN   CAVALIER         13.95    26  11  13  14  04  10  01  A LANCE D SWORD
WENDALL  SAGE          ??/08.24    28  07  03  13  04  05  07  B TOME C STAFF
MINERVA  DRACOKNIGHT   ??/04.00    24  10  08  14  07  15  03  A AXE D LANCE
JAKE     SHOOTER          04.76    22  05  03  03  04  15  00  BALLISTAE
BECK     SHOOTER          08.15    24  08  06  06  08  15  00  BALLISTAE
CATRIA   PEGASUS KNIGHT   08.65    21  07  10  16  08  09  06  C LANCE
PALLA    PEGASUS KNIGHT   12.65    24  10  12  13  05  09  06  B LANCE

also i'll leave the polls up for like weeks because i'm lazy and it will probably take me that long to finish this

Edited by General Horace

VkQlQ.png

Look out for these guys, they break their caps! So he actually has 24 AS! Proceed with caution.

Actually, since it has 26 Avoid, that implies that it actually has 26AS. So it really likes to cheat.

Actually, since it has 26 Avoid, that implies that it actually has 26AS. So it really likes to cheat.

haha thanks, i made a mental note to say something when I finished chapter 16, but forgot.

For me I'd go with strengthening your best units. Which one of them is obviously up to you, depending on how much you favor one unit over another but these would be my picks:

Energy Drop: Palla/Shiida

Spirit Dust: Wendall/Lena depending on who you want to use for taking out Gharnef

Speed Wings: Palla and Ogma

Draco Shields: Shiida and Barst

you guys get two, maybe three chapters in one day! oh em gee

[spoiler=cHAPTER 18]Units Deployed: Marth, Shiida, Ogma, Barst, Cain, Lena, Hardin, Wendall, Minerva, Palla, Catria, Jake, Beck, Xane, Samson; (Est)

7bOQP.png

The main problem (very small problem with this chapter) is that the game likes to clump ridersbane Pallys/cavs close to horsemen, so you have this massive dilemna on what class your ridersbane's should be. I was just lazy and didn't change anything from last chapter.

Wmaix.png

this guy would be a massive asscabbage if all the enemies in the chapter weren't mounted and were destroyed by your army of ridersbanes

uRYYo.png

on turn 8, reinforcements pop out of here, so get Marth's sorry ass away from there

bWlx0.png

know that group of enemies i showed in picture one? They won't move until you enter there range. How do you kill them? RIDERSBANES

OINgP.png

Catria... still... sux...

02L8U.png

See? She can't proc res like Palla

3oQSR.png

oh good, you can buy more RIDERSBANES

gseaM.png

Also i could be wrong but I think this is the only place you can buy recover staves in the game.

Wp5B4.png

GIVE SAMSOM A POLEAXE AND HE'S A ORKO'ING MACHINE GUYS

that's at least mid tier

NlqFN.png

These are the said reinforcements. Even a crappy unit like Est can 2HKO these guys with RIDERSBANES

MARTH    LORD             07.23    24  07  04  09  11  08  00  C SWORD
SHIIDA   PALADIN       12/07.15    37  11  16  24  22  12  03  A LANCE E SWORD
CAIN     CAVALIER         14.73    29  11  09  15  09  13  00  C LANCE C SWORD
OGMA     HERO          16/01.38    39  15  17  17  10  12  00  A SWORD E AXE
BARST    HERO          16/04.49    38  21  24  18  13  12  03  A AXE D SWORD
LENA     BISHOP        20/03.34    25  10  13  11  18  05  19  A STAFF E TOME
HARDIN   CAVALIER         14.85    27  12  13  14  04  10  01  A LANCE D SWORD
WENDALL  SAGE          ??/08.56    28  07  03  13  04  05  07  A TOME C STAFF
MINERVA  DRACOKNIGHT   ??/04.08    24  10  08  14  07  15  03  A AXE D LANCE
CATRIA   PEGASUS KNIGHT   11.48    24  08  13  19  10  11  06  C LANCE
PALLA    PEGASUS KNIGHT   14.98    24  10  14  17  05  11  08  B LANCE

Palla got a speedwing, Ogma got a drop and a shield.

also wut FE6 is winning (!)

Edited by General Horace

What a torrid pace i'm going. i must really really want to play fe6

[spoiler=Chapter 19]Units Deployed: Marth, Shiida, Ogma, Barst, Lena, Cain, Hardin, Wendall, Catria, Palla, Bantu, Julian; Tiki

General Notes: This chapter is really easy. The only way I can see you losing here is if you're critted by the KE Hero, or you're not paying attention to the attack of the mages. Just make sure you get the starsphere on time.

WZpV8.png

You have to bring this useless turD along to recruit Tiki. Even if you've used him, he's still likely to be a useless turd.

tU50H.png

I dunno, is FE1/11/3/12 the only game with recruitable bosses?

Anyhow, Tiki is ok if you have her nuke manaketes lategame. I probably will have her do so.

KAhhc.png

One of the required orbs starts on this guy. Thankfully, he runs right into your arms! How convienient.

The other is retrieved in the northernmost chest by another thief, and he's not tough to catch.

1Dtcj.png

DAT RES

e8bIf.png

oh, Catria can proc res :facepalm:

zEczA.png

Said mage I was talking about. 32 attack hitting res hurts a LOT.

5nxCv.png

statbooster/forging money yay. Make sure you grab this.

61jGV.png

The Geosphere is extremely useful later in the game for killing those annoying Fortify curates. Get it. Also, the pattern to open the chest rooms starting from the bottom is right, left, right, left. Open the other doors though, since one of the snipers has a master seal.

stats in a sec once i mass promote dudes

MARTH    LORD             07.23    24  07  04  09  11  08  00  C SWORD
SHIIDA   PALADIN       12/08.38    38  11  17  24  24  12  03  A LANCE E SWORD
CAIN     PALADIN       16/01.00    34  14  14  17  10  14  06  B LANCE C SWORD
OGMA     HERO          16/01.50    39  15  17  17  10  12  00  A SWORD E AXE
BARST    FIGHTER       16/05.64    39  21  24  18  13  12  03  A AXE D SWORD
LENA     BISHOP        20/03.80    25  10  13  11  18  05  19  A STAFF E TOME
HARDIN   DRACOKNIGHT   15/01.00    30  15  17  16  05  14  04  A LANCE D SWORD
WENDALL  SAGE          ??/09.06    29  08  04  13  04  05  07  A TOME B STAFF
MINERVA  DRACOKNIGHT   ??/04.08    24  10  08  14  07  15  03  A AXE D LANCE
CATRIA   DRACOKNIGHT   13/01.00    29  12  14  20  10  16  04  B LANCE E AXE
PALLA    DRACOKNIGHT   15/01.00    29  14  15  18  06  17  06  A LANCE E AXE

Edited by General Horace

Oh, so you may be doing an FE12!Lunatic Playlog after all (If it gets enough votes)...

Well, good luck with that! (If you play it, that is...)!

Sorry to pry but mightn't Lena be better as a Sage?

She's not really attacking at all, so it doesn't make a difference to me as of right now. In the Gharnef chapter, she'll definatley be going Sage though, so she can use starlight with an arms scroll.

But yeah, for chip damage and such (if one were to use her for such) Sage would be the better option, yes.

[spoiler=Chapter 20]Units Deployed: Marth, Cain, Ogma, Barts, Lena, Shiida, Hardin, Wendall, Catria, Palla, Minerva, Jake, Beck, Xane,(open space); Lorenz

General Notes: Brave weapons show up, don't leave one unit out too long unless they're general wolf/sedgar or else they'll get raped, even though braves aren't really as bad as people make them out to be.

I actually don't find this chapter very tough. I know quite a few people do, i'll do my best to show how to make it easy :/

OC0X4.png

If you like fixing nice stuff like forges, make sure you get this village! If you have Lena, you can repair 12 Wing Spears, Warp Staves, Hammer Forges, Iron Swords, whatever. Very nice item.

hX95Q.png

If you added 10 to all his stats he might be useable

Uutey.png

They should have made him have Nihil or something to make him actually kind of difficult.

yLwop.png

All the enemies have braves now, although 25-28 attack at this point in the game is... rather unimpressive

qeCmo.png

See? 25 attack in chapter 1

P6Qmm.png

These three dudes can cause a bit of an issue, (they're the the pallies that start out near Camus), but if you have the four that surround the ballista dead (not hard with ridersbanes) these guys are a piece of cake. If you take them all on at the same time however... uh-oh

B15ig.png

Braves are kind of innacurate too, (compared to other weapons, brave swords have -20 hit on their silver counterpart, and the lances have -15) so they're actually dodgeable. Shiida is in range of Marth and Ogma and on a forest here, but still.

n7Aao.png

While you have the starsphere, glue it to a reglia user, and they can spam it to their hearts content.

4LYOK.png

have all these forts...

7y0xC.png

blocked before turn 9 (there's one more to the north of here)

and continue to block them on turn 10, and the only reinforcement you'll have to deal with is some crappy armour that spawns far to the east, and he's easily taken care of. It make the chapter pretty smooth sailin' from here on out.

v1Ymh.png

This ballista is kind of annoying, so form a trade chain with Jake and Beck (and Xane maybe too, incase you have a miss) and thunderbolt this guy so you don't have to deal with Pachyderm.

epkrA.png

Speaking of Pachyderm, its a nice forge to have in the later levels, as it hits like a motherfucker and is uncounterable.

XY9tq.png

see Camus hits somebody hard once then dies...

HuSZl.png

... to level 8 Marth. Congrats, H5.

[spoiler=Chapter 21]Units Deployed: Marth, Cain, Ogma, Barts, Lena, Shiida, Hardin, Wendall, Catria, Palla, Minerva, Jake, Beck, Xane

General Notes: This chapter can actually be pretty difficult, as the map is fairly small, and almost all the enemies have 10 movement (and half of them fly!) Thankfully, they don't all charge you at once. The reinforcements come on turns 5, 10 and 15, so be ready for them if you're still hanging around, there ARE lots of them.

Don't forget to swing by the secret shop either.

a2eJl.png

also, I had no idea whatsoever that Minerva and Marth had a conversation here. It's actually pretty neat.

79NjB.png

on this plains tile (in the mountains) is a secret shop with cool stuff in it. Send your silver card dracoknight to do some shopping here!

c9aSl.png

All these guys won't move until you move into their range, and there are two more draco knights that wouldn't fit into the screenie as well. As a rule, the outermost dracoknights and pallies will move on turn 1. Every other enemy unit will stay put until you go in range.

49oIr.png

the pope can still nuke things with Excalibur effectively.

IL3X3.png

also now that hammerne exists, feel free to spam forges. It makes life a lot easier.

KOgci.png

mages now all have Thoron, which has an innate 10 crit, meaning that if your unit doens;t have at least 15 luck, you're risking getting critblicked.

0bZ2i.png

On turn 5, all hte forts will spawn enemies; most of them fly. Let them come to you, it's much easier.

IuFvl.png

Buy whatever you need! The only forges you'll really want if you havent' made one already are forges on dragonslaying weapons.

There isn't a whole lot to say about this chapter, it's not that tough if you know how to handle it.