The worst pokemon

Fala

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kriketune line in general.They have nothing going for them. No potential like Magikarp. No novelty role like luvdisk and unoun. Even early bug type with early evolution consept is done better by wurple in the same freaking game. At least Beedrill had Twineedle over butterfree.

Kriketune line in general.They have nothing going for them. No potential like Magikarp. No novelty role like luvdisk and unoun. Even early bug type with early evolution consept is done better by wurple in the same freaking game. At least Beedrill had Twineedle over butterfree.

Then again, Twineedle sucks, and Butterfree has a 97.5% accuracy Sleep Powder (from Generation 3 onward)...

Edited by Metal King Slime

Magikarp is the obvious answer. He has the lowest attack in the game, so he is automatically worse than anything that has the same moves as him (Tackle) and more attack.

Any bug Pokemon whose moveset consists entirely of Tackle, String Shot or Harden is the worst Pokemon afterwards. I'd say Metapod is the worst of them objectively. At least Weedle/Kakuna have Poison Sting, and bug/poison is better than mono bug. Of course, their typing isn't much of a problem in-game realistically, considering the times you'd be expecting to actually use them. But yeah, they're the worst if you just want us to pick one out.

Sunkern. My gods, Sunkern. Why do you exist? You're a fucking seed. Atleast Magikarp is 'fast'. And Sunflora doesn't even get the 'Awesome Evolution Syndrome'. It's a freaking Sunflora.

Go away Sunkern.

Sunkern. My gods, Sunkern. Why do you exist? You're a fucking seed. Atleast Magikarp is 'fast'. And Sunflora doesn't even get the 'Awesome Evolution Syndrome'. It's a freaking Sunflora.

Go away Sunkern.

It exist because its awesome. Exspecially in this team (gen3):

Umbreon @leftoverse

Mean Look

Baton Bass

Moonlight

Roar

Smeargle @Leftoverse

Spore

Ingrain

Baton Pass

Substitude

Scicor @Leftoverse

Sword Dance

Iron Defence

Agility

Baton Bass

Espeon @Leftoverse

Calm Mind

Baton Bass

Morning Sun

Substitude

Sunkern @Leftoverse

STAB

Type Coverage option 1

Type Coverage option 2

Type Coverage option 3

Scrub

Stuff @Who cares?

Stuff

Stuff

Stuff

Sunkern, because there are other options for grasses in it's games.

Poochyena, because it stinks later on

Mawhile-

**** that thing

Luvdisk-

high speed

and nothing else

Pidgey-

Spearow is availible

• 1 month later...

Feebas is even worse than Magikarp. At least Magikarp gets flail, so against a nonghost pokemon + sandstorm, you can just flail it down to 1 hp with you, and watch magikarp die in peace.

Feebas is even worse than Magikarp. At least Magikarp gets flail, so against a nonghost pokemon + sandstorm, you can just flail it down to 1 hp with you, and watch magikarp die in peace.

Both Magikarp and Feebas learn Splash at base, Tachle at LV15, and Flail at LV30.

In terms of moves the other lacks, Magikarp just gets Bounce from 3rd/4th gen move tutors or DW, while Feebas has access to a number of TMs and HMs. Seems like a clear advantage for Feebas to me.

Edited by Othin

Both Magikarp and Feebas learn Splash at base, Tachle at LV15, and Flail at LV30.

In terms of moves the other lacks, Magikarp just gets Bounce from 3rd/4th gen move tutors or DW, while Feebas has access to a number of TMs and HMs. Seems like a clear advantage for Feebas to me.

what's the point of having moves if chances are you will never use them, or be strong enough to even dent something with them? no matter who your fighting, whether it's another magikarp or a nonghost arceus, with flail, sandstorm, and focus sash, you will always tie the battle. just my opinion.

Wasn't Feebas's evolution fixed just recently?

At any rate:

All Unown knows is Hidden Power.

A simple sneeze can make a Shedinja faint.

Sableye doesn't have much going for it.

Neither does Luvdisc.

Or Swoobat.

That's basically all I can think of, really.

what's the point of having moves if chances are you will never use them, or be strong enough to even dent something with them? no matter who your fighting, whether it's another magikarp or a nonghost arceus, with flail, sandstorm, and focus sash, you will always tie the battle. just my opinion.

The problem with that is that Flail doesn't work that way... And Sandstorm would wind up shooting you in the foot. Either way, it'd fall through against rock, ground or steel types as well - not just ghosts. Oh, and did I mention Magic Guard (prevents residual damage) also laughs at such a strategy?

The problem with that is that Flail doesn't work that way... And Sandstorm would wind up shooting you in the foot. Either way, it'd fall through against rock, ground or steel types as well - not just ghosts. Oh, and did I mention Magic Guard (prevents residual damage) also laughs at such a strategy?

Wow I need sleep. Totally forgot that sandstorm doesn't work against rock, ground, or steel. And of magic guards's existence for that matter. Really need to brush up on gen V. The whole point of that strategy would be to commit suicide but at least take ur opponent down with you, like a pseudo-explosion. I used to have a mamoswine lead that used this flail strategy beautifully.

When you say "flail doesn't work that way" what do you mean? Chances are magikarp will be slower than your opponent's pokemon (especially when you put no speed ivs, a brave nature, and no speed evs), so it will be hit first. with the fish's lack of defense, it will get hit hard and probably should be ohkoed; however, with focus sash it will still have one hp. so magikarp counterattacks with flail, sends its opponent down to one hp as well, and has sandstorm kill both of them off. at least magikarp will ensure a KO against a pokemon that doesn't resist flail or sandstorm that way.

Now is this gimmicky as hell? yes. Nonetheless, it's still a way to use him somewhat effectively, and gives a higher chance of KOing a poke than feebas has.

Flail does not do set damage, so unless Magikarp's like ridiculously strong, it won't be enough to do much to anything with half-decent Defense/HP/both. At least Spinda has more base Attack and STAB to its name.

Wow I need sleep. Totally forgot that sandstorm doesn't work against rock, ground, or steel. And of magic guards's existence for that matter. Really need to brush up on gen V. The whole point of that strategy would be to commit suicide but at least take ur opponent down with you, like a pseudo-explosion. I used to have a mamoswine lead that used this flail strategy beautifully.

When you say "flail doesn't work that way" what do you mean? Chances are magikarp will be slower than your opponent's pokemon (especially when you put no speed ivs, a brave nature, and no speed evs), so it will be hit first. with the fish's lack of defense, it will get hit hard and probably should be ohkoed; however, with focus sash it will still have one hp. so magikarp counterattacks with flail, sends its opponent down to one hp as well, and has sandstorm kill both of them off. at least magikarp will ensure a KO against a pokemon that doesn't resist flail or sandstorm that way.

Now is this gimmicky as hell? yes. Nonetheless, it's still a way to use him somewhat effectively, and gives a higher chance of KOing a poke than feebas has.

The issue is... Flail doesn't drop the opponent's HP to equal the user's. And what makes you think Magikarp's going to be doing much of anything when it's got something like 20 base attack?

Edit: Magikarp's base attack is 10 - even worse than I thought. AND I forgot about Stealth Rock, which would easily render such a strategy a bust (even if its presence has been greatly reduced since Gen V came along; Spikes would also ruin that strategy).

Yeah, eclipse covered it. Flail does not and never has taken the opponent down to your HP. If you are at one HP, Flail will not cause your opponent to come down to one HP. It MIGHT, but that would be completely coincidental. Instead, Flail's base power changes depending on your HP. I do not remember the exact formula, but it skyrockets below 5 or 10 HP or something.

And yeah, Feebas has both TM Moves and some Egg Moves if I remember correctly. So Magikarp is worse.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by bobflac

Any pokemon that only learns one move

hehehehe Beldum, take down what a joke, i dare someone to vs fortress with that thing. not dissing on metagross just beldum

also metapod and kakuna. Abra. you know what there's more but i can't remember and i can't be bothered looking through the book to find them